The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Headaches?  (Read 4645 times)

Offline DnBvape

Headaches?
« on: November 14, 2014, 05:08:41 PM »
Good Day Everyone,

New to the DIY juice making. Started mixing a week ago with 2 buddies of mine. We are using a good calculator, VG/PG/NIC from wizardlabs and flavors from Capella.

I havnt had any issues, but both of my friends are getting headaches from our recently mixed batches. We've made about 12 5ml bottles just testing out flavor mixes and whatnot, which are now steeping for a week. We mix, sample then stash them away. Nic is at 3 MG so that shouldn't be the issue as that's normally what we vape. They think its the flavor concentrates, which we are using 5-10% of. Any body have any of the same problems, know what it might be, or know how to fix it?

Any feedback/info is greatly appreciated!

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
Re: Headaches?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 09:32:53 PM »
Tell us exactly what you are using. For example, how many ml of PG, VG, flavoring and Nicotine (include the mg/ml).
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Chief Waffler
  • Mechs are dead!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 10:59:00 PM »
Have never known concentrates to give headaches

Would more likely to be a miss calculation of nic base

Or a wrong measurement w:)w
5th vapersary 23/12/2016

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 12:22:39 AM »
That was my thought, which is why I asked for exact volumes of solutions used.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline al666

• Vapeologist
  • Mr. 306, but call me Al, just Al
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 03:25:17 AM »
What does the label say on the nic base?

Bear in mind that 7.2% nic strength is 72mg in more familiar units. You wouldn't be the first person to use juice or base that was ten times stronger than they thought, and that would certainly give you a headache  ???

Offline Pedaldog

• Vaping Guru
  • An extremely intelligent chicken.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 07:07:23 PM »
What does the label say on the nic base?

Bear in mind that 7.2% nic strength is 72mg in more familiar units. You wouldn't be the first person to use juice or base that was ten times stronger than they thought, and that would certainly give you a headache  ???

And BIG OLD GRIN THOBUT!

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 03:35:00 AM »
If he is using 3% nicotine base, which is what I suspect, that would be 30 mg/ml - enough to give some people headaches.

On the other hand, people like Pete and I can take that concentration without any problems.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline al666

• Vapeologist
  • Mr. 306, but call me Al, just Al
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 03:42:11 AM »
I think 30mg juice in a multicoil super low res atty at very big watts might give you a bit of an unexpected buzz though, along with a throat hit from hell  :D

Pete would probably enjoy it though ;)

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 03:45:06 AM »
Since Pete is currently vaping juices around 45 mg/ml, I suspect 30 mg/ml would be just about right for him in a dripper.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 07:54:42 AM »
I've played around with a long heavy coil on the Yeahsmo dripper. If I restrict myself to one good long puff every half hour (the juice from about 3 drops = 0.15 ml), the 45 is not so bad. Two repeated puffs like that can give me a bit of a queasy feeling.

If I was dripping for clouds or for super flavor, I would certainly have to cut way back on the nicotine. The trouble is, I don't keep any lower nic juice or base around. I'd have to make up a batch specially, and then keep track of it and whether it was getting a bit of age on it, etc. I suppose a bit of 25 PG/75 VG (or even 100% VG with enough water or Everclear to thin) zero nic might be useful for blowing a few clouds, if my inclinations ran that way.

I may try a large diameter coil stuffed with a loose ball of silica wick (so I can dry burn coil and wick) might make a good flavor testing rig. A few drops, a single puff and then burn it clean. It could double as a cloud maker if I wanted.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline DnBvape

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 05:52:25 PM »
Hello all, sorry for the postponed response...... extremely busy as of late.

So last time we mixed, we did 12 different recipes/flavors. An example of 1 that I have on hand at the moment is this.

-5 ML sample
- .62 ML nic juice(12 drops)
- 1 ML PG( 20 drops)
- 2.88 ML VG (  58 drops)
- .25 ML flavor one (5 drops)
- .25 ML flavor two(5 drops)

our nic juice is 24MG, in a 500 ML bottle from wizardlabs. We are mixing what are at the moment test batches to get our flavors down, at 3 MG nic. We are using drip RDA's to vape them after mixing and a quick microwave steep. Specifically a mutation X, a Stillare, a DOGE. All are wrapped to .24 ohm with 22g kanthol wire.

Again, we greatly appreciate the responses and feedback. Let me know if you see anything funky with our calc's. We cross check them with 2 diff. calculators before mixing btw. 1 being the ejuice me up app, and the other being the ejuicalculatorv14.xls, if that helps at all. We are using syringes for pulling of the ML's, not counting drops...so we believe they are pretty accurate.

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 08:15:47 AM »
Your calculations are fine - it is about 3 mg/ml.

Assuming your 20 drops/ml assumption is correct, I don't see anything wrong there.

I can only suggest that you make some 0 mg/ml nicotine up and see if they still have problems.

I Vape and I Vote!

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently