The Vapers Den

Author Topic: looking for a good b&m in north central florida?????  (Read 4359 times)

Offline sikosam

looking for a good b&m in north central florida?????
« on: November 07, 2014, 02:13:58 AM »
  #?#not to many to chose from around here. have a shop in a small flee market but very very disappointed. they make their own juice, but i wont buy because they mix it right in front of you, and don't wear any gloves and doesn't seem to be real clean. and the lady there will flat out tell you she don't care, as long as her ego is charged and ce4 tank is full she's ok with that. i make my own juice, and i don't have a clean room" but", I'm not selling it either.
the next little town over has a small hole in the wall shop, same thing, i go in there and try to learn something new and maybe buy something, but unfortunately i seem to know more about vaping than they do(and i don't know that much).
then there is one in lake city fl, called Victoria's Vapor Lounge, at least they have a fair selection of vaping equipment, and they sell juice, labeled juice not something they try to make themselves(with dirty hands). and i have bought a few things from them, but its hard to catch the owner there to pick their brain. but all in all a nice shop.
THEN THERE IS THE NEW ONE DOWN TOWN LIVE OAK FL...... did not bother to catch their name. went in the first time last week, looked around a bit,didn't see anything that i was interested in so introduced myself and started talking to the owner, just to strike up a conversation i asked if he heard anything about the new DNA 40, now remember i never said i knew everything (or anything)about the new DNA 40..but i was telling him that i THOUGHT i heard it was temperature controlled,i was under the impression that you could kick the watts up and keep the temp down and not burn your whick or coil. (i was wrong, found out later that the temperature will regulate to the watts)anyways to make a long story short, he tried to start an argument with me about it. so i just said you are probably right and left it at that. i got the impression he was trying to belittle me, (now remember i did say i wasn't sure about  it)just what i had read on the internet(and you know what they say,don't believe everything you see on the web) .but he would not let it go, he still wanted to argue about it. so me not wanting to get confrontational, said thank you and goodbye. well went home and looked up the specs. and like i said earlier, temp will control watts(its an algebra thing)(never took algebra).anyways made the mistake of going back this week. told him he was right and again explained to him that i was just trying to find out info that's all. tried to start another conversation about the DNA 40 and was saying i knew of  someone on the web that was trying to start a new box mod with the DNA 40 in it and if you bought 4 he could sell them for $125 each with warranty or $140 for one. let me see if i can get this right, he immediately came back with ,why would i wont to buy a 40w mod for $125 when i can get a 50w mod for the same price, or a 100w for $150. well i said, i don't believe you can get a box mod with an American made board in it for that price. then what he said was American made was a myth. that's when i decided to never step foot in that shop again. did not mean to keep ranting on about it but needed to vent. so if anybody knows about any place near dead twig fl (Live Oak fl) where you can have a decent conversation about vaping "please, please" let me know. because unfortunately the only place that i have available to me (that i know of) is the internet. would love to sit down and have a vape with a real person,and carry on a decent conversation, is that to much to ask for?????

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 02:34:16 AM by sikosam »

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
Re: looking for a good b&m in north central florida?????
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 02:33:08 AM »
ha ha  nothing wrong with having a good rant  :D

sorry dont know any b & M stores as i'm in the UK  but theres a website with a map that lists them -  http://vaporsearchusa.com/

Offline sikosam

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 02:38:48 AM »
hi caz, thanks for the reply,will check the web site

Offline sikosam

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 02:50:40 AM »
thanks again caz, but according to that web site the closest one is still about 60 miles away, and I've been there back when i first started. was OK for ego's and such. may check them again next time I'm in Gainsville fl

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 12:54:13 PM »
Ha, 60 miles? That is practically next door.  O:-)

Sorry, I am a West Coaster - so I can't really help.

I suspect most shops are concentrated in the Southern tip of the state along the beaches. Jacksonville may be your best option for finding a fair number of storefronts.
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »
Sikosam you likely saw the yellow pages - maybe something here though? 

http://www.yellowpages.com/live-oak-fl/e-cigarette
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 11:40:43 AM »
The Lake City shop was the primary subject of Sam's rant.  ^-^

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline sikosam

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 12:03:34 PM »
The Lake City shop was the primary subject of Sam's rant.  ^-^

the Lake City shop was the only one that I even remotely liked.
the one I was ranting about and really hated was the one in Live Oak.

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH

James Allen

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 04:10:37 PM »
Mea culpa. I misread what you wrote.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline sikosam

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 04:46:14 PM »
http://vapestores.com/business-directory/?action=viewlistings
thanks Kate, list a number of nice places to check out when i'm travelling.

Offline sikosam

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 04:48:15 PM »
Mea culpa. I misread what you wrote.
that's ok vaping fool, thanks for your input

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 04:52:39 PM »
You are very welcome.  I'll keep looking!  Gotta be some outta the way places just over the horizon.  Found one here at home I had no clue even existed!  Started talking to a guy Vaping outside grocery store and he told me about another one too!  . K

James Allen

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently