The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Vapor is too damn hot.  (Read 11299 times)

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
Re: Vapor is too damn hot.
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 10:33:21 PM »
Okay then. What # ohm should i use for similar vapor "clouds" with better results then, in your opinion gaffer or anyone else

Honestly with the air holes in the igo stock there is not much of a build that is going to work well (at least by most peoples standards). Think of it like putting a great motor in your car but leaving the stock air intake that was meant for a motor that had 1/8th the horse power. Yeah you can try and use a tuner to get it to function but it will never perform the way you wanted.

Vapor production is a combination of liquid (pg/vg ratio is the main factor), feeding that liquid, delivered heat, and air flow. If any one of those is off you won't get good performance. Notice I didn't actually mention resistance in there because resistance really isn't the most important thing. The only time the resistance is important in any way is when you have to use it as the means of adjusting your delivered wattage (i.e. when you have a mech and lowering your resistance is the only way to increase the wattage). At the same time wattage is not exactly important either, at least at a certain point. I can deliver 60 watts of power to a single coil... but that really won't perform very well since the heat is too concentrated, but if i spread it out to multiple coils then it will perform well.

It sounds like you are looking for a lot of vapor production so the only way you are going to get that is to modify the airflow (or if you don't want to have to drill you could find one of the top caps that come with bigger holes like the clear PMAA ones they are pretty cheap and don't require any effort for bigger air holes).

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2014, 11:03:12 PM »
Ah; you see that I am chain-vaping with these 6-8 second draws every 30-40 seconds, using 40-45 mg/ml juice. A series of 10-15 draws will set me up for a half hour or so, and then it is repeat time. I wake up about every 1.5 to 2 hours at night for a nicotine recharge. Most builds and wattages would be too hot with that vaping regimen. It's taken me a while to find a happy compromise.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2014, 11:11:32 PM »
Okay then. What # ohm should i use for similar vapor "clouds" with better results then, in your opinion gaffer or anyone else

This clears things up a bit. If you are going for clouds, you might want to get some low-nic, high-VG juice and try it on your current build. The high-VG (which implies low-PG) juice will seem less hot (less TH), and it will certainly deliver more clouds. You might get big enough clouds that you forget about how hot the vape is.

BTW, your long drip-tip will tend to reduce the clouds, as the atomized juice will tend to condense on the inner surface of the cool material of the long drip-tip.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.

Offline XxredmanxX

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 01:11:34 AM »
Yea, i noticed that it was condensing in the tip. There were a few droplets of juice forming in it

Offline XxredmanxX

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 01:12:14 AM »
Im back to my original tip and its back to being hot

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 07:00:14 AM »
Well, the long drip tip works by cooling hot vapor. Most of the suggestions were trying to find ways to prevent the vapor from getting so hot in the first place.

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 07:53:37 AM »
First, make sure your mod is in RMS mode, not Average.

Whatever you do is likely to reduce the amount of vapor. It is just a fact of physics that cannot be avoided.

To reduce the temperature, you will need to reduce the surface wattage "loading" on the coil - and thus reducing the temperature of the coil.

You can do that by reducing the wattage setting on your mod.

If that is not acceptable, you can build a new coil out of larger diameter wire. It will need to be longer to keep the coil resistance the same. 
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently