The Modders Den > Tips and Tricks

How to remove the internals of a Vamo

(1/2) > >>

Ian:
If for any reason you have to remove the internal circuit board of the Vamo, here's a quick and easy way to do so. Remove the 18650 battery tube, take the top cap of, screw the battery tube on the thread where the top cap goes and gently wiggle the tube from side to side. Some are quite loose and some are quite hard to remove. This method saves the threads being stripped. I dropped my Vamo a few times and the tanks looked like the leaning Tower Of Pisa on it. I done this and fixed it in seconds.
PS....To remove the circuit board, do the above and push the centre pin from underneath with the butt of a screwdriver. Just so you know, reinserting the circuit board is quite tricky and requires a steady hand and some patience....

danwldr:

--- Quote from: Ian on September 06, 2014, 11:53:01 AM ---Just so you know, reinserting the circuit board is quite tricky and requires a steady hand and some patience....

--- End quote ---

Yep

Failte mentioned that a few days ago

I never heard anything more

So

Either he binned the idea

Or he is still trying :))

Ian:

--- Quote from: danwldr on September 06, 2014, 11:54:38 AM ---
--- Quote from: Ian on September 06, 2014, 11:53:01 AM ---Just so you know, reinserting the circuit board is quite tricky and requires a steady hand and some patience....

--- End quote ---

Yep

Failte mentioned that a few days ago

I never heard anything more

So

Either he binned the idea

Or he is still trying :))

--- End quote ---
It nearly ended up in the field beside my house a few times!!. I'll check out his thread and see did he get it. What sections it in??

danwldr:
https://www.thevapersden.com/index.php?topic=7266.msg215390#msg215390

failte:
Failte's VAMO status:

Got new top-cap(s).  Had work friend solder the circuit board on (I suck at soldering).  Got the buttons in - held there with tape on the outside.  Put in circuit board.  Pressed (hammered...) top-cap into tube.

Then - one button came out of hole.

To get it back in, the damn top-cap has to come back off, and the circuit board out.  Getting the press-fit top-cap off the first time is how I destroyed the display screen cover.  Ended up having to use a vise, hammer, and screwdriver to get it off.

So basically, I just haven't had the heart to go through it all again.  But haven't thrown anything away.  Yet.

And btw: the 510 pin just sits in the plastic insulator (press-fit again... really?) - but it's a spring-loaded, 2-part pin.  My guess is that in my old top-cap, the spring might have gotten hot and lost its springiness.

Lesson: no matter how great the rest of the device; if the 510 connector is shit, then the whole device is shit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version