The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Tobh v2 help  (Read 10024 times)

Offline Froggy2894

Tobh v2 help
« on: August 02, 2014, 12:35:41 PM »
Good morning all! I picked up a tobh v2 and just need some advise! I tried the same build I put in my trident .22 ohm dual micro but it seems to burn way to hot and it's not very pleasurable! Any suggestions on where to go in the ohm range! I work with 24ga kanthal

Offline danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Chief Waffler
  • Mechs are dead!!!
Re: Tobh v2 help
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 01:22:57 PM »
Shouldn't be a problem with your resistance

Are you sure the air holes are facing the coils?

It will go through the juice pretty quickly so it needs plenty in to soak the coils quick enough

Any pictures of your build?

5th vapersary 23/12/2016

Offline Froggy2894

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 01:33:14 PM »

Shouldn't be a problem with your resistance

Are you sure the air holes are facing the coils?

It will go through the juice pretty quickly so it needs plenty in to soak the coils quick enough

Any pictures of your build?

I figured the resistance was good! And I've been lining up holes best I can! Thinking I may need more cotton in the deck!

Offline al666

• Vapeologist
  • Mr. 306, but call me Al, just Al
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 01:50:34 PM »
Surely you've got your coils on the wrong posts? In the first pic the left coil is supposed to be at the bottom and the right coil is supposed to be at the top? Your air flow is going to be crap and it'll be as harsh as hell  %5%

Edit: I'm trying to say that I don't think the coils should be behind the rasied edges, but moved nearer to the negative posts.

Offline Froggy2894

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 01:53:27 PM »

Surely you've got your coils on the wrong posts? In the first pic the left coil is supposed to be at the bottom and the right coil is supposed to be at the top? Your air flow is going to be crap and it'll be as harsh as hell  %5%

Holy crap! I did not even notice that! Like I said new atty for me!! Thanks for pointing out the obvious that completely hid from me!!!

Offline failte

• Vapeologist
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 04:04:32 PM »
It always looked to me like the Tobh's method of AFC was kind of inconvenient.  You have to put those coils in exactly the right place.  In your pics, you've got the AFC tabs exactly blocking the proper air-path to the coils.

Also: it's hard to tell from a top-down pic, but it looks like you might consider lifting those coils higher up off the deck, so air can get under them (which will help carry the heat away, and keep your atty from getting so hot too).  You've got more than enough cotton in there.  Maybe a little too much, if there's any underneath the coils; again, can't tell from the pic.
Hey Todd, how's it goin'?

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 03:20:57 PM »
Nice build!

The Tobh is probably my favorite cloud blower. Just an awesome device. I've got versions 2.0 and 2.5.

I think I actually prefer the original 2.0.

Offline kidecki

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 06:54:41 PM »
Clean up your coils. You might have a hot leg or hotspot. And make sure your screws are tight

Position your coils closer to the neg posts and closer to the deck. The airholes on the tobh are positioned low. You want the air to hit the center of the coil, and travel all around the circumference of the coil. No cotton cloud.

The tobh v2 airholes are smaller than the 2.5. Anything version other than the 2.5 likes to be around .3 ohms.

miknoypinoys lil brother

Offline failte

• Vapeologist
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »
Position your coils closer to the neg posts and closer to the deck.

I beg to differ - which is dangerous for me because I think you have WAY more experience than I do, but:

IMHO, the air doesn't just flow straight in from the air-holes (or slots, whatever).  It's going to "bend" up towards the source of the vacuum - the mouthpiece.  How fast it bends will be a factor of pressure-difference - fast lung-hits will bend more than slow.  Anyway - I don't think you can get the coils too high, and wicking is the limiting factor.

Just my opinion.  Debate is welcome!  :)
Hey Todd, how's it goin'?

Offline kidecki

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 08:02:07 PM »
Of course you beg to differ, it wouldn't be the internet if you didn't...

Theoretically, You may just be right... But I am not a physicist.

I ain't getting into no internet argument either. That's like trying to argue with a sign post.

I'm just speaking from experience. Been building on the tobh since I picked up the V1 before all the hype. Hipster points for me!!! :P

Most people I build for say my builds are the best they have ever had.

miknoypinoys lil brother

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 07:32:20 AM »
LOL

The best "tech meme" I've seen/heard lately:

"I have in my pocket a device which can access the accumulated knowledge of mankind. I use it to look at pictures of cats and to argue with strangers."

Between the "warm and fuzzy" thread, and some of the device discussions, it's a perfect description of The Vapers Den via Tapatalk.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Chief Waffler
  • Mechs are dead!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 11:31:48 AM »

I ain't getting into no internet argument either. That's like trying to argue with a sign post.

#@#
5th vapersary 23/12/2016

Offline Nimbley

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 11:38:36 AM »
I use and love the Tobh , but the airflow tabs are in the way.  I've filed the tabs off of all 3 of mine and now have much less trouble lining up the coils with the airholes. I like the full airflow so I didn't need the tabs anyway.  I have also found that setting the coil slightly higher helps.  I put the wire under the screw head and not in the hole to lift it up a bit as well.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 11:47:39 AM »

#@#

:P

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 11:54:14 AM »
PMSL

Just saw this one too kidecki   made me giggle   :}}}

Offline kidecki

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 12:22:24 PM »

LOL! I see dan has recruited you into the hate army as well!!!  :P

i think he feels threatened because my collection is starting to surpass his... :)) :)) :)) 8]]
miknoypinoys lil brother

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 12:27:40 PM »
nah  i couldnt even see a gap   wondered what they were going on about   w:)w      just made me laugh when i saw that sign and thought i would wind ya up a bit   >:D     i think your cool and have cool mods  x:)x

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently