The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Sour Green Apple and Sour Cherry  (Read 4129 times)

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
Sour Green Apple and Sour Cherry
« on: July 13, 2014, 01:57:40 PM »
Base solution:

60 ml of 100 mg/ml in PG base (6 ml nicotine; 54 ml PG) (60 ml is one of my glass long-term storage bottles; I just dump it into the mixing bottle)
60 ml VG

(This makes 120 ml of 50 mg/ml working base.)

======================================

Of this base,

take 10 ml

add 1 ml "Sour" (The Flavor Apprentice)

add either
   .75 ml "Green Apple" (The Flavor Apprentice)
or
   .375 ml Cherry (LorAnn)
   .375 ml "Natural Cherry" (LorAnn Naturals) (or some combination that adds up to .75 ml of cherry flavor)

All flavors from Wizard Labs.

Each recipe makes 11.75 ml of juice which contains 500 mg (roughly .5 ml) of nicotine for a final result of 42.5 mg/ml juice.

These make a nice but not overpowering version of my usual Sour Cherry and Sour Green Apple. Maybe a touch more clouds than my former V4L versions of those flavors. They vape fairly nicely with a moderate TH, mild flavor, and enough nicotine that I can occasionally have a free hand to turn pages or type at the keyboard.

I'm still making 10 ml (actually 11.75) batches, as I may want to tweak the flavors a bit.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline Dom

• Genesis Master
  • Chief Waffler
  • The Den Hobbit
Re: Sour Green Apple and Sour Cherry
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 03:06:56 PM »
Think I will give these recipes a go! Thanks pwmeek!  :)

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 03:08:55 PM »
Just watch out for the strength of the base mix. The final nic strength of 42+ mg/ml is likely a bit strong for most people.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.

Offline Dom

• Genesis Master
  • Chief Waffler
  • The Den Hobbit
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 08:01:35 PM »
Just watch out for the strength of the base mix. The final nic strength of 42+ mg/ml is likely a bit strong for most people.

hehe - I think I will use my own 10ml 3mg base  :D and add the flavourings to that! I think 42mg would kill me now.

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 03:17:41 PM »
Okay.

I'm trying VapingXtreme XTREME JUICE for my "Cherry Concentrate" and "Green Apple Concentrate". They seem to be quite a bit stronger than the Wizard Labs (from JoAnn and Flavor Apprentice respectively). I'm still using the Sour additive from Wizard Labs.

New formula:

10 ml of my ultra-string nic base
1 ml of Sour additive
.5 ml of either the cherry or green apple concentrate.

I still have about 5 ml each of the older mixes (which I had "upped" to 1 ml of the concentrate) (which Eva says, "Really stink!") to vape, so it will be a day or so before I get vaping on the new formula.

Offline Pedaldog

• Vaping Guru
  • An extremely intelligent chicken.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 07:12:44 PM »
Hey Pete, How about .25ml green apple PLUS .25ml of the Cherry? It sounds like a nice mix there!

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 10:22:02 PM »
Hey Pete, How about .25ml green apple PLUS .25ml of the Cherry? It sounds like a nice mix there!

I've considered it. If I did that, I could identify my two rigs as A and B or #1 and #2. The only reason I need two identifiable rigs is because if I vape on a single rig it gets too hot. It burns my lips and cooks the juice.

Alternatively I could just skip the flavorings. I vaped quite a bit of unflavored juice when I was looking for the right PG/VG ratio, and it wasn't all that bad. I mean, I'm really only vaping for the nicotine.

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 08:10:29 AM »
As you probably know, I'm still researching all of this.  I find your words "vaped unflavoured juice looking for right pg/VG ratio.....really only vaping for nicotine" interesting Pete!  Just last evening was listening to Todd's Review video, which was long and very "funny"!  It was his first time making his own liquid and he seemed a fish out of water, then in the end, was laughing at himself that he had actually just vaped his own juice!  HA. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fmTQNCdBhVo

K. 🌞
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently