The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Good quality 'small' RDA?  (Read 6457 times)

Offline al666

• Vapeologist
  • Mr. 306, but call me Al, just Al
Good quality 'small' RDA?
« on: June 16, 2014, 03:25:40 PM »
So, I've got my decent 22mm RDAs (Quasar & Castle) and they are great for my silly builds  :)+1

But I'm after a 14mm to 16mm single coil atty with either a small air hole, or adjustable airflow that goes down to a tight draw. No point single-coiling a multi coil device, it's just wasted deck space. I prefer a tighter draw as it works better with my higher resistance 'everyday' builds.

My shortlist is currently shorter than I'd like ... It's this:

1) Vicious Ant Cyclone (or Cyclops).

There must be something else out there? Quite happy to get a Cyclone, but it's a bit ugly  :D

Not interested in the cheap ones as I have a box full of them. I like the little C9V Micro-Ds, I have a couple, but I'd like something a few mm wider and with a bit more snob-value ... Shallow? Me?  :}}}

p.s. Spell check changes 'single-coiling' into 'snorkeling' - I love this spell checker  ;D

Offline KJR4413

• Demon Vaper
  • Vaping Guru
  • Demon on Wheels
Re: Good quality 'small' RDA?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 10:29:27 PM »
'Cheap' as in poor quality, or 'cheap' as in inexpensive?

I've done no research lately, just rattling off some search terms you might look into if you've not done already:

Octopus
Squid
Smok Scar
ERA Clone w/AAF

Feel free to scoff as you like

EDIT: something like this?
http://altsmoke.com/phoenix-rebuildable-atomizer-dripper-v6.html
Keep yer stick on the ice! -- Red Green

Offline failte

• Vapeologist
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 10:36:47 PM »
Smoktech makes a 14mm 2-post AFC dripper.  I think it's called the "UDT" or something...  no... well, just google Smoktech RDA.  I have one, stopped using it because it was TOO small, and I'd always over-fill it with juice which would then leak out the air-holes.  Messy.  A more careful user might not have that problem.
Hey Todd, how's it goin'?

Offline G_BexXx_

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 11:26:49 PM »
Smoktech makes a 14mm 2-post AFC dripper.  I think it's called the "UDT" or something...  no... well, just google Smoktech RDA.  I have one, stopped using it because it was TOO small, and I'd always over-fill it with juice which would then leak out the air-holes.  Messy.  A more careful user might not have that problem.
+1 it was my first RDA and wasnt baf with single coils, but yes it was way too small and i moved on quickly.

Offline al666

• Vapeologist
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 03:33:13 AM »
Octopus
Squid
Smok Scar
ERA Clone w/AAF

Already have all of those, and a Phoenix, an A6, and A7, and everything in the Igo range (apart from the Igo-F which is just plain nuts).

Measured all of the air holes on all of my RDAs last night. Seems I want 1.1mm or 1.2mm ideally. 1.5mm is just about OK, but 1.8mm is too big. So the Cyclone is probably a little too airy and I'd need the Cyclops AFC.

Might be nice to get something in black - But I don't think I'll find anything  w:)w

Offline Torbjørn

• Vapeologist
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 10:16:07 PM »
Reactor v1 if you can find one :O

Offline failte

• Vapeologist
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 10:52:10 PM »
Atomic.  Same diameter as the Scar, dual or single-coil, AFC.  One of my favorite RDA's, the only thing I DON'T like about it is that it's 17mm and looks weird on a 22mm mod.  Although it looks pretty good on a stainless steel Smok Magneto (same finish, and the triple-lines kind of match (except that said lines are wavy on the Magneto topcap but straight on the Atomic.)   Mine is a clone, FYI.  And the matching drip-tip that came with it is actually big enough to drip into.
Hey Todd, how's it goin'?

Offline al666

• Vapeologist
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 03:57:52 AM »
I did get a VA Cyclone in the end. Didn't bother with the AFC (Cyclops) variation as that's pretty huge and defeats the object.

The Cyclone has been perfect for me. Intense flavour, air flow just the way I like it, and with the Chaplin dip tip it doesn't get too hot to vape at silly wattages. Might get the matching Fusion drip tip for it if I ever see one on sale.

The little Igo-S has been fantastic too, especially given the price. I'd stopped using it when I went to 22mm mods, but it's perfect on the VaporShark. Also got a little Smok RDA (the one with the combined top cap and drip tip) and that's decent enough for the money, but it does get pretty hot. Oddly that one seems to work better with a silica build which brings out the more subtle notes in the flavour. The little C9V Micro-D still gets used, but the slightly larger chamber does seem to take the edge off of the flavour, but for eight quid including drip tip, premade coils, screwdriver and neato little tin it's a bargain.

In comparison to my big RDAs (Quasar, Castle, Caterpiller) the little ones are superior for me. I guess the Castle is my favourite big one, although it's a little too airy. I can't seem to get a build on the Quasar that quite as good as the Castle, although it's still very good overall. The Caterpillar is a bit odd. There's a couple of aspects of the design that I really don't like, and they do affect the vape quality. But it's not about that ...

Summary - Cyclone FTW  :)+1

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently