The Vapers Den

Author Topic: taking a shot mixing my own stuff  (Read 6606 times)

Offline johnt

taking a shot mixing my own stuff
« on: February 08, 2014, 01:09:02 AM »
Not sure where to start here.

The places I've looked and tasted out of probably 200 flavors, the ONLY one i like is called minthol. not menthol, and it's not a menthol cigarette flavor, it's just called minthol. a local store has it, and they mix their own stuff so I can't tell what it really is.

does this sound familiar? anyway, how would i go about getting my own mixins? i would like to get my own, and then i need to know how to go about getting the nicotine.

then, after all that, how to you accurately measure all this? I've been told you can buy all the ingredients from China, does that include the actual nicotine you mix in? and I know the physical amount of nicotine I have is so small i can't figure out how to measure such a tiny amount. I shouldn't really say small, i currently use 42mg nicotine. tried to drop to 24 but it just didn't pack the same punch. I smoked camel no-filters and even then I'd hit it 3 times per drag, so i needed a strong one. But this concoction seems to work. However, basically I'm a shut-in. i hate going anywhere. I'm not agoraphobic, it doesn't 'scare' me, i just don't like it. I work for myself, and i work from home, so other than food and this stuff i don't leave the house much. So i want to test out  mixing my own but have no idea how to get started.

could someone point me to a website that's reputable where I could buy all the guts?

Offline KJR4413

• Demon Vaper
  • Vaping Guru
  • Demon on Wheels
Re: taking a shot mixing my own stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:16:46 AM »
Maybe try the Mixing Section board -- should be folks who can point you in the right direction there.

https://www.thevapersden.com/index.php?board=10.0
Keep yer stick on the ice! -- Red Green

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 02:00:31 AM »
I got my most recent bottles of 100 mg/ml nicotine base from Wizard Labs.

I buy my flavorings from several sources, mostly My Freedom Smokes (MFS), Mom and Pop Vaper Shop and recently Vaping Extreme (VX). MFS also sells a good nicotine level test kit.
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 02:04:49 AM »
This should get you started,   mixing guide with link to mixing calculator -  https://www.thevapersden.com/index.php?topic=1877.0

Offline Dom

• Genesis Master
  • Chief Waffler
  • The Den Hobbit
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 08:53:26 AM »
Welcome johnt!

Can't say I've ever heard of minthol. My favourite flavours come from Capella, Flavorart, Mom & Pops and Decadent Vapours so you could try these flavour makers for good menthols.

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »
Welcome.

I have a menthol blend from a local vape shop which has quite a bit of mint in with the menthol. I'm not all that fond of it as it seems like too much mint to me plus some sweetness which I find distracting. I was looking for a straight menthol when I got it.

Can you describe the actual flavors? A tip from pro wine tasters: don't take a puff and ask yourself "What does this taste/smell like?" Instead make a list (mental or written) of possible flavors and smells and after each puff ask yourself, "Does it smell like xxx?" or "Does it taste like yyy?" Do this in succession for each sensation you want to test for. You can save some time by asking yourself about groups of sensations to narrow it down: "Does this taste like spice?" - no - "Does this taste like fruit?" - yes - "...like red fruit?" - yes - "...like berries?" - yes - "...like strawberries? - no - "...like raspberries?" - YES!

This method can be misleading; if you have ever wondered why a complex wine can get such wildly different descriptions from different tasters. The answer may be that their mental lists are in different orders and one person may recognize one flavor first and zero in on it, while another person is "captured" by a different aroma. Concentrating on a specific sensation heightens your ability to sense it, but may "blind' you to other sensations which may be present. Just because you identify one aroma, don't stop going through your list. I had a wine Wednesday evening which had such a pronounced caramel aroma that I couldn't "shut it off" to try for other aromas in the wine; it actually spoiled the wine for me by making it seem "one note". (Just thinking about it has "clogged" my brain to the point where my Sour Cherry vape currently seems to have a caramel overtone.)
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
  • Trying hard to be a geek girl!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 12:07:08 PM »
I don't want to discourage you, but I can tell you from my experience, it is quite difficult to replicate an exact pre-mixed juice that you've found!   I've tried it with a couple flavors and never got very close.   However, I'm not the most patient person and I do know that others have had better luck!
Paulette         Vaping since 10-18-11

"If you choose to do nothing now, don't be surprised when you have nothing (vape-wise) later."   By Mark Burton

Offline johnt

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 12:52:54 AM »
Welcome.

I have a menthol blend from a local vape shop which has quite a bit of mint in with the menthol. I'm not all that fond of it as it seems like too much mint to me plus some sweetness which I find distracting. I was looking for a straight menthol when I got it.

Can you describe the actual flavors? A tip from pro wine tasters: don't take a puff and ask yourself "What does this taste/smell like?" Instead make a list (mental or written) of possible flavors and smells and after each puff ask yourself, "Does it smell like xxx?" or "Does it taste like yyy?" Do this in succession for each sensation you want to test for. You can save some time by asking yourself about groups of sensations to narrow it down: "Does this taste like spice?" - no - "Does this taste like fruit?" - yes - "...like red fruit?" - yes - "...like berries?" - yes - "...like strawberries? - no - "...like raspberries?" - YES!

This method can be misleading; if you have ever wondered why a complex wine can get such wildly different descriptions from different tasters. The answer may be that their mental lists are in different orders and one person may recognize one flavor first and zero in on it, while another person is "captured" by a different aroma. Concentrating on a specific sensation heightens your ability to sense it, but may "blind' you to other sensations which may be present. Just because you identify one aroma, don't stop going through your list. I had a wine Wednesday evening which had such a pronounced caramel aroma that I couldn't "shut it off" to try for other aromas in the wine; it actually spoiled the wine for me by making it seem "one note". (Just thinking about it has "clogged" my brain to the point where my Sour Cherry vape currently seems to have a caramel overtone.)

I'd love to describe it but i don't know how. it is probably what you're describing. it's pure mint, then  with a mint shot of flavor at the end. i love that cool burn. it doesn't taste at all like tobacco and it's one strict solid flavor

Offline johnt

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 12:53:50 AM »
This should get you started,   mixing guide with link to mixing calculator -  https://www.thevapersden.com/index.php?topic=1877.0

wow this is very handy. thank you!

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal