The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Kanger Evod & Kanger Pro tank II fix.  (Read 5253 times)

Offline mus1cman

Kanger Evod & Kanger Pro tank II fix.
« on: January 30, 2014, 10:19:17 AM »
Hi everyone,
Firstly kit I have been using KTS+ mechanical mod 18650 battery also a variable Ego with a Kanger  Evod (2.0 ohm)& a Kanger pro tank II (2.0 ohm) 70/30 18mg nicotine E-juice in both …everything worked excellent for a few months.

Recently I had become very despondent for a while as when using Evod (2.0ohm coil) it had began to fail quite regularly &also leaking E-juice into the 510 well. Also the Kanger pro tank II which worked great & then completely failed (no leaks at all) it just stopped working altogether. I had done all the usual stuff regularly cleaned them all thoroughly changed coils etc... But all to no avail…big sigh!

Then I came across this brilliant article http://godofsteam.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/how-to-fix-kanger-evod-leakinggurgling-issues/  (this guy has put the vaping smile back on my face) whilst searching the internet for a solution.

I read it through & decided to do the bit he stated about turning the silicone cup (it surrounds the chimney)upside down & then also adding a flavour wick to sit on top of the coil. It has resolved all of the above issues (on all my vaping configurations) & I might add the flavour & cloud vape is now amazing.

I felt the need to share this & I hope it helps, once again a big thanks to this guy as he resolved this & not me.

Keep on vaping!
Keep on Vaping! :)

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
Re: Kanger Evod & Kanger Pro tank II fix.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 01:08:00 PM »
You might want to review this topic.

https://www.thevapersden.com/index.php?topic=5590.msg146363#msg146363

There may be some risk of dislodging a glued joint on some tanks by making that internal stack a bit taller. I don't know it either of your tanks would have this problem, but no sense having avoidable trouble.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline mus1cman

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 01:31:00 PM »
pwmeek  Firstly...a big thanks for the concern & warning, much appreciated!

I did read the link you posted.

The only thing that is different from your link & my thread is that I did not stack the rubber cup upside down on top of another  cup , I just turned the original rubber cup up upside down. However I will keep my eye on the Protank II  & I will report back here if it causes that problem or any other issues.

Keep on Vaping !
Keep on Vaping! :)

Offline failte

• Vapeologist
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 03:47:23 PM »
As I understand it, there is no glue in a ProTank II (or Mini).  But there is in EVODs.
Hey Todd, how's it goin'?

Offline KJR4413

• Demon Vaper
  • Vaping Guru
  • Demon on Wheels
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 11:36:36 PM »
The Protank I is glued.

I tried the double-cup trick thingy in a couple of EVODs I have, and it seemed to work for a while.
Keep yer stick on the ice! -- Red Green

Offline gaffer

• Vapeologist
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 08:43:30 PM »
Sorry for the semi necro post but my 2 cents.

I deal with this "problem" every day with customers. The causes of it are as follows:

The tank is tightened down too much and the insulator has flared out, this blocks off the air flow so when you draw on the tank you pull a stronger vacuum on the tank pulling more liquid in than it can handle.

The vaper is drawing too hard or doing sharp puffs before inhaling like they would on a cigar to warm it up again pulling too much liquid in.

The air holes are blocked, same issue as above.

And finally the tank is cracked not holding a vacuum and allowing liquid to flow freely.

Usually a new coil or pulling to bottom of the coil out and fixing the insulator then only tightening the tank slightly after the center pins touch fixes this.

For the OP, the KTS mods i have seen have a VERY high center pin and have a tendency to really push center pins.

Offline KJR4413

• Demon Vaper
  • Vaping Guru
  • Demon on Wheels
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 08:48:20 PM »
Welcome back, gaffer.  Missed ya.

Good advice there, too, BTW.
Keep yer stick on the ice! -- Red Green

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 07:35:32 AM »
<snip>
The vaper is drawing too hard or doing sharp puffs before inhaling like they would on a cigar to warm it up again pulling too much liquid in.
<snip>

This can be a problem with a lot of different devices, not just these Kanger models. I vape this way myself, and had to try different tanks until I found one that would tolerate this kind of vaping. For me it was the ViVi Nova tanks.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently