The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Vapers tongue.  (Read 21167 times)

Offline Pedaldog

• Vaping Guru
  • An extremely intelligent chicken.
Vapers tongue.
« on: January 07, 2014, 05:45:28 PM »
Get your minds out the gutter -T-

Everybody gets it at some time in their Vaping life. The day when everything either tastes bad or just doesn't taste at all.
There is no way of avoiding it or knowing when it will come but there are a couple of things that can be done to help move it on.First of all is to drink plenty of water as dehydration seems to be a part of it.
The other, commonly advised, thing is to vaoe something fresh and clear, generally a menthol if you don't have a problem with that, and clear your taste buds a little.
The main thing is to NOT GIVE IT UP!

Offline danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Chief Waffler
  • Mechs are dead!!!
Re: Vapers tongue.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 05:57:01 PM »
Rinsing your mouth with lemon juice is also another way to help.
5th vapersary 23/12/2016

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
  • Beverage Supplier to the Naughty Corner
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 06:08:22 PM »
I've heard ginger prepared as they do it for sushi restaurants, can be helpful as well.

Offline jdlgail

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 12:33:03 PM »
been having this problem for some time now,no taste or things taste spiceeee,beef seems the worst,been using act dry mouth wash ,and this seems to work the best,tip of tongue very tender, hope I can find the cure soon, cause I love my beef.jdl {W}

Offline Dave

• Vapeologist
  • Smoking is a drag, Vaping is a gas.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 08:25:55 PM »
I have at least 4 differant flavors that I keep changing so I don't get vaper tongue.  :P

Offline andydurose

• Pending Membership
  • Tapatalk User
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 09:53:03 PM »
I keep to my favourites and change between them too
Using Tapatalk

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
  • Trying hard to be a geek girl!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
been having this problem for some time now,no taste or things taste spiceeee,beef seems the worst,been using act dry mouth wash ,and this seems to work the best,tip of tongue very tender, hope I can find the cure soon, cause I love my beef.jdl {W}

Wow jdl, sorry to hear this and really hope it gets better!
Paulette         Vaping since 10-18-11

"If you choose to do nothing now, don't be surprised when you have nothing (vape-wise) later."   By Mark Burton

Offline vietorjames

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 10:57:05 AM »
I have recently stopped drinking darker sodas , and had like 4 2 liters of Canada Dry Ginger ale, laying around that i started drinking both with a tastey vodka, but have been enjoying on its own when i get home from work, i work outside in all weather conditions and am usually quiet parched when i get home, and my juices seem to dull down by the end of the day, when i get home i was drinking some of it just straight and it did notice it helped clean my palette off and brought a new refreshing taste to my juices just an idea and just my own experience!

Offline Ean33

• Vaping Guru
  • 3rd june 2011 vaping ever since
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 12:49:32 PM »
as dan says lemon juice neat swilled around your mouth
drink loads of water also
Caravela, dani box mod, Dna40 lost vapes, kayfun v3 mini, kayfun 5
house of liquid cigarello

Offline matrix42

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 04:51:26 PM »
Ummm.. i am already tested it...

Offline sickofsmoke

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 12:21:50 PM »
I'm still a newbie, using Blu starter pack in Magnificent Menthol, which I do like the flavor, but I notice an overall dryness on my tongue.  I'm using their highest nicotine cartridge, and I thought I read somewhere the high nic level causes it, and I'm wondering if i should try the lower nicotine level - I drink lots of water all day, so I'm staying hydrated (except no relief for my tongue it seems).  And I am smoking tobacco cigs still as well, about half-and-half, although those never bothered me before.  Anyone with experience with this or any suggestions (as well as those i have gotten reading all your helpful great posts) let me know. Thank you for this great informative forum, I'm so glad I found it!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:49:04 PM by sickofsmoke »

Offline danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Chief Waffler
  • Mechs are dead!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 01:55:17 PM »
Plenty of water to keep hydrated

You will also find tobacco very dry after vaping

Just keep hydrated is the best advice.
5th vapersary 23/12/2016

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 10:43:27 PM »
Hi, Sickofsmoke.

Welcome to the Den.

Why don't you bop over to the New Members section and introduce yourself. We are a curious (nosy) crowd. 

You might also want to click on the Profile link at the top of any page and update your profile.

" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline Dom

• Genesis Master
  • Chief Waffler
  • The Den Hobbit
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 10:32:16 AM »
A good way I've found of getting rid of Vapers Tongue is sparkling water or as the spanish call it: agua con gas

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 11:21:36 AM »
agua carbonatada
agua gasificada
soda
agua limpida
agua mineral

There are probably more.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline Pedaldog

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 07:46:35 PM »
SIS (Science In Sport) "Go Hydro" tablets are a Sports rehydration tablet that I mix with about 300ml of Iced water and am finding that not only does it help withthe Vape flavour but I dont feel as dehydrated so it works "Like it says on the Box" %6%

Offline RickTor

• Just another Vaping Day!
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 10:05:26 PM »
Agreed, Hydration helps. I also have a tongue scraper now and use tongue "paste" to brush it.  Never thought I had a need when I smoked, but seems more important now, not only from a health standpoint, but from taste as well.

Offline jdlgail

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 10:46:05 AM »
hi ricktor; going to give the tongue scraper a try;plus the tongue paste a try; been having lots of problems with taste lately , I'm a chain vapor and have really had dry mouth and sore tongue lately,don't know if my age has any thing to do with it,70 yr. never had the problem when I smoked +1 pack a day. have cut back on nic, level and this seems to help a little, hope I

Offline RickTor

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 11:06:49 AM »
Hiya JD,
   i never did either (when I smoked {1-2 packs/day} - well might have, but didn't notice)  I tend to notice things like taste and lack of, dry mouth, etc more now than I did.  I think that's a good thing??  My senses being a bit more acute on what's going on?  Gotta be good, right?!   I'm 52, so yeah after 40+ years of smoking, I gotta figure there will be some changes that i'm not going to be used to feeling.

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 04:21:16 PM »
Hiya JD,
   i never did either (when I smoked {1-2 packs/day} - well might have, but didn't notice)  I tend to notice things like taste and lack of, dry mouth, etc more now than I did.  I think that's a good thing??  My senses being a bit more acute on what's going on?  Gotta be good, right?!   I'm 52, so yeah after 40+ years of smoking, I gotta figure there will be some changes that i'm not going to be used to feeling.

You started smoking when you were 11 or 12 years old? Hell, your taste buds weren't even fully developed then. You must be encountering all sorts of new and interesting tastes.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline RickTor

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 05:48:45 PM »
You started smoking when you were 11 or 12 years old? Hell, your taste buds weren't even fully developed then. You must be encountering all sorts of new and interesting tastes.

Actually I was 9, but yeah, all kinds of fun things!!  Love things I didn't, hate things I loved... it's kind of neat

Offline Pedaldog

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 06:57:14 PM »
Actually I was 9, but yeah, all kinds of fun things!!  Love things I didn't, hate things I loved... it's kind of neat

Same as me, just a bit after my 8th birthday I started smoking!

Offline alexv

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 08:25:24 AM »
The tongue scraper is a great tool, I also use hydrogen peroxide mouthwash whenever I want to feel the real taste in my mouth.

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
  • Trying hard to be a geek girl!
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 08:32:31 AM »
The tongue scraper is a great tool, I also use hydrogen peroxide mouthwash whenever I want to feel the real taste in my mouth.

Hey alexv -- welcome to The Den.   Why don't you head over to "new members" and start a thread and let us know all about you; i.e. where you're from, what device you're using, what atomizer, how long you been vaping, etc.   Yep, I'm one of the nosey ones here!   :]=]
Paulette         Vaping since 10-18-11

"If you choose to do nothing now, don't be surprised when you have nothing (vape-wise) later."   By Mark Burton

Offline Gotridge

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 05:22:43 PM »
I picked up a little spray bottle of Biotene and it has helped me tremendously. 
Patti
OIu

R.I.P.  Cigs 10-3-2014

Patti

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently