The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Finally tried ribbon wire  (Read 898 times)

Offline NooN3000

• Vape on!!
Finally tried ribbon wire
« on: December 09, 2013, 05:49:38 AM »
I did a single coil build in my Nimbus (for my ProVari) Using ribbon wire, and I love it. Tho it can't replace my 28g wire, it has a special place in my heart. I made a 1 ohm coil using 3 wraps with the ribbon on 3mm Eco-wool wick (the 28g would take 4 wraps). Which makes sence to me, since there is more material. It's producing more vapor ( I assume that it's due to the ribbon covering more surface area). It's also a little warmer of a vape too ( which I like). The only thing is, I haven't been able to successfully do a dual coil build, since the ribbon wire is a little harder to build with. So far I've had to tighten the wire once installed on the atty. You also have to make sure you dont twist th wire while wrapping the coil. It's hard to explain, but the ribbon wire doesn't like to stay taught on the wick on it's own. I'll keep trying till I get it, and once I do it will be amazing, I'm sure. I would recommend this wire to anyone who like to tinker with their atty's, or just wants to try something new. Two thumbs up!
Chance favors the prepared mind.

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently