The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Problems with provape.com  (Read 5523 times)

Offline NooN3000

• Vape on!!
Problems with provape.com
« on: December 03, 2013, 03:01:12 AM »
So, I recently ordered a ProVari (zombie addition) from provape.com, and thought everything was fine since they charged my credit card. Days later they email me saying they couldn't process the order, and would refund my card. They also said they took my card info off there system. This was 8 days ago. The money is not back on my card and when I checked my account info the order was still processing. And, the card info was still there. WTF. I emailed provape.com and they said everything was takes down and the money should be back soon and it is probably my card company's fault it's taking so long. I do not believe this since my order is still being processed. When I tried to cancel the order the site told me I couldn't due to the order has been shipped or is in the last faze of processing. I hope they didn't ship it after all since I bought the ProVari at a local dealer since receiving there emai that they could not process my order. I feel they're giving me the run a round. Either way I will not due any more bussness with them. This has been a nightmare.  :)-1
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Chief Waffler
  • Mechs are dead!!!
Re: Problems with provape.com
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 03:13:54 AM »
Hey NooN

Provape are usually pretty good with this kind of stuff.

I reckon if they say they are refunding your card, then for sure they are.

I have known places to take two of three weeks to refund me, through no fault of their own.

Just keep an eye on your account, and if by chance they do send you a Provari Zombie, it will have no problem in being sold on for cost.
5th vapersary 23/12/2016

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 10:00:32 AM »
A +1 for credit card companies taking a long time to process refunds. Dunno why, but they do.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 11:16:52 AM »
 If you end up with a Provari & a refund make sure it takes an age to return either one.

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline SamIam

• Vapeologist
  • Hulk Smash! Hulk Smash Hard!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 01:59:23 PM »
If you end up with a Provari & a refund make sure it takes an age to return either one.

:}}}  :)+1

Offline CraigHB

• Vaping Engineer
  • Mod Maker
  • Vaping Guru
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »
I woudn't be surprised by 8 days.  If it takes more than two weeks I'd get concerned.  I don't think I've ever seen a credit go through faster than a week on my cards.  I don't think I've ever had a vendor say they've refunded my card without the credit showing up eventually.  In any case, they should know what the hell is going on with that if you ask them.  Sounds like there's a problem with the website getting updated properly rather than a problem with what the sales staff is doing.  Web services and the people running them can sometimes lead to a lot of confusion.

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »
I know ProVape does a lot of volume. With the price of there devices on the high end I can only imagine its on many vapers Christmas list and they are swamped with a high volume of sales right now.

With that said sometimes these companies grow so big issues like this will crop up from time to time. I'm pretty certain though they will make the situation right as they aren't a fly by night outfit or a new vendor. They don't have a reputation for shoddy devices or ripping people off.

From what it seems with this issue both you and ProVape are at the two banks mercy(there bank and yours) ... and there pretty swamped too right now.

Give it a little more time and keep us posted NooN ... I'm pretty sure though all will work out well in the end.

Offline Puppybreath

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 02:08:12 AM »
So, I recently ordered a ProVari (zombie addition) from provape.com, and thought everything was fine since they charged my credit card. Days later they email me saying they couldn't process the order, and would refund my card. They also said they took my card info off there system. This was 8 days ago. The money is not back on my card and when I checked my account info the order was still processing. And, the card info was still there. WTF. I emailed provape.com and they said everything was takes down and the money should be back soon and it is probably my card company's fault it's taking so long. I do not believe this since my order is still being processed. When I tried to cancel the order the site told me I couldn't due to the order has been shipped or is in the last faze of processing. I hope they didn't ship it after all since I bought the ProVari at a local dealer since receiving there emai that they could not process my order. I feel they're giving me the run a round. Either way I will not due any more bussness with them. This has been a nightmare.  :)-1
A hold on the authorized funds, will remain on the customer's card until the card issuing bank removes the authorization. As a result, the held funds may be subtracted from the customer's available balance, and an online statement may reflect the authorization request which often is mistaken by the customer for an actual charge. Most card issuing banks will remove authorizations within 37 business days if they are not claimed for settlement. But believe me, I've waited longer.

Based on my calculations, I can retire about 5 years after I die.

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 08:38:23 AM »
Also, don't forget the economics: when a vendor credits you, they no longer have the money. Until you are credited, you don't have the money. The money still exists, so who has it? The credit card company.

Multiply this by millions of transactions and think of the value of millions of interest-free seven day "loans". I'm sure it is a balancing act, just tuning the delay time to maximize the value while keeping the delay short enough that people don't rise up in protest.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently