The Vapers Den

Author Topic: The Waiting Room..  (Read 486552 times)

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
Re: The Waiting Room..
« Reply #2950 on: May 04, 2017, 01:15:50 PM »
Only partly true. If a vendor sends the wrong item by "mistake", the vendor must be allowed the opportunity to pay for its return.
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #2951 on: May 04, 2017, 01:42:43 PM »
I think you should keep the Brass one and send moi the Copper one!  Imagine how good you would feel Cy by "lending a 1/2 lucky hand to this poor wretch". . K

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Always be honest and tell the truth.
« Reply #2952 on: May 04, 2017, 03:39:53 PM »
VF - I'm talking about something absolutely unsolicited, someone you have no dealings with.  A vendor mix-up or error doesn't apply.

Something like if you received a brand new, top of the line, biggest and baddest video graphics board.  That someone screwed up at the manufacturer and instead of reviewers, they sent the boards to the first 47 who had your birthday or nearest.  They screwed up and you profited from it.

There was a time when someone could send something and keeping it meant a contract was entered into.  This was considered akin to forcing a sale on a person, so they changed the law and saved the public a ton of postage.
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #2953 on: May 05, 2017, 12:11:03 AM »
There is an actual law here in the US that basically states if you are sent something without ordering or asking for it, it's your's free and clear.

The law you speak of regards unsolicited merchandise. If a company sends you something without you requesting it, and then bills you for it, you are under no obligation to pay for it or return it.

That would not apply to an error in fulfilling an order. You would have to return the wrong item (at the seller's expense if it was their error) as part of getting the error corrected. You did ask for it (the correct item) but the company sent the wrong item. It is essentially like a defective item. The company can insist that you cooperate in correcting the error to the extent of returning the item at their expense.

In cases of something inexpensive (or expensive to ship), the seller MAY send the correct item and say to keep the wrong item (or in cases of defective items, the defective item) but usually you have to return it.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #2954 on: May 05, 2017, 02:58:27 AM »
 Update.
They  (Taste The Vape )  offered £10 refund if I wanted to keep the Brass one or If I wanted the Copper they would send a courier to pick the wrong one up and send me the copper one
A  courier arrived the same day for the Brass one so I am now awaiting the replacement.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #2955 on: May 05, 2017, 08:21:32 AM »
If you wanted brass, you would have ordered brass, right? 

I won't order twice from a company who screws up a color order.  They can fix it, but our relationship is through 'cause either their quality checks suck, they're out of the color requested and figured that you wouldn't make a stink about it, or they just don't care.  Accidents do happen, but something as big as COLOR is unforgivable. %6% %6% %6%
-- Rik

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #2956 on: May 05, 2017, 11:00:04 AM »
 Itís a  :)+1 for Taste The Vape

Received a prompt reply to me email regarding the wrong colour.
They offered £10 off the price if I decided to keep the Brass one or they would exchange.
I reply that a want the Copper so they immaterially sent courier I say immaterially because I hardly had time to package it back up before he arrived.
The Copper on arrived next day.
I received email notification for the delivery times with the option to change them.

I understand mistakes happen but its how you rectify them that counts.
I don't think you could ask for better than that

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #2957 on: May 09, 2017, 04:03:16 AM »
I agree, that is superb service. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

Items sometimes get placed in the wrong stock bin. There is not a huge difference between copper and brass colors, unlike say blue and yellow.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #2958 on: May 19, 2017, 11:43:34 AM »
I just bought 150ml  45mg Bitextra unflavoured nic base for £3  last ones

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #2959 on: May 20, 2017, 01:32:50 AM »
Also waiting on another bottle of sweet strawberry and a bottle of Fruit Twist  being delivered with my food shopping today,  not sure what is in the fruit twist as it didnt say on the description,  sure hope there is no banana in there   :{

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #2960 on: May 20, 2017, 09:10:46 AM »
and yes  yuck yuck yuck  its got banana,  in fact thats all i can taste  noooooooooo    :=3

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #2961 on: May 20, 2017, 02:42:31 PM »
Send it my way!!!

Seriously, sorry to hear you got snookered.  I'm gritting my teeth going through my last year of Zamplebox, 6 random flavors according to my flavor profile each month.  I'm not a fan of custard, cinnamon, milks, coconut and several others I've learned as the year has gone along.  You are the Apple Queen, well, I'm the Strawberry King!  If the mix has strawberry in it I can pretty much vape it, unless it has one of those four.  I find I'm on the wall about stuff with baked goods flavorings.  They can be hit or miss with me.

I'm rambling, so I'll shut up now.
-- Rik

Offline beyonder

• Harrow
« Reply #2962 on: June 01, 2017, 03:47:35 AM »
20 bottles, BF conversion kit for Wotofo Lush and CoV Wraith are on their way.
Where we're going, we won't need resistance | DIY juicer
Weird boxes and tubes
Known to drip sometimes but gennies with SS rope + mesh > *

Offline beyonder

• Harrow
« Reply #2963 on: June 01, 2017, 05:53:50 AM »
4x Enercig 18350 batteries and a Provari mini 2.5.

That's the last mod I buy.

PS: I lied about that being the last mod I'll buy.
Weird boxes and tubes

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #2964 on: June 01, 2017, 08:44:19 AM »
PS:  we knew that you lied!  .

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

Offline beyonder

• Harrow
« Reply #2965 on: July 26, 2017, 05:41:00 PM »
Bits and pieces.

Those squonk bottles are slightly smaller than a 18650 and meant for a mod I'm about to start tinkering with. Thread coming later.
Weird boxes and tubes

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #2966 on: July 27, 2017, 07:54:48 AM »
Sounds interesting... you want a variable wattage kick module though. You will have to adjust it way less often.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #2967 on: July 27, 2017, 07:58:19 AM »
i havent bought any vape stuff for what seems like ages now,   shit havent even bought any juice

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #2968 on: July 27, 2017, 01:36:12 PM »
Sounds interesting... you want a variable wattage kick module though. You will have to adjust it way less often.

I didn't know they made such a thing. I want to replace double C-cell and Double D-cell rigs with 18650 batteries. I've been worrying about things like over discharging, drawing too much current, and the like. (I would recharge externally with a good charger.) I wonder if I could measure the wattage (as current) drawn from the original cells and program that (as a wattage) into the kick and get all those protections with a simple insertion. Making a housing that imitates the original cell size should be easy enough.

Where's a good place to research and buy these items?
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #2969 on: July 27, 2017, 02:58:38 PM »
Evolve was the original maker of the Kick and still makes them.

I bought a bunch vw kick clones off of Fasttech after my first two Evolves died from putting the battery in backwards.

https://www.evolvapor.com/shop it goes by the Kick2 now and is a bit cheaper. Some specs listed on that link.  :()()

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #2970 on: October 26, 2017, 08:49:34 AM »
waiting on a new black istick,  hope it comes tommorrow as my mini volt stopped working,  using an istick clone at the moment which has lasted very well, almost a year,  but has gone a bit weak,  dont think the one coming is a genuine istick but i'm desperate and it was china price with good feedback so went for it.  present from my boy. 

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #2971 on: November 03, 2017, 07:17:05 AM »
Bits and pieces.

Those squonk bottles are slightly smaller than a 18650 and meant for a mod I'm about to start tinkering with. Thread coming later.

That is a great price on the 18650 heat shrink tubing. I could use some in my electronics experimentation. Who is the vendor?

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #2972 on: November 03, 2017, 07:30:21 AM »

I didn't know they made such a thing. I want to replace double C-cell and Double D-cell rigs with 18650 batteries. I've been worrying about things like over discharging, drawing too much current, and the like. (I would recharge externally with a good charger.) I wonder if I could measure the wattage (as current) drawn from the original cells and program that (as a wattage) into the kick and get all those protections with a simple insertion. Making a housing that imitates the original cell size should be easy enough.

Where's a good place to research and buy these items?

I have the Smok Tech version. It is variable over roughly 3 to 12 watts and the instructions say to use it with IMR batteries only. There is a ground contact on the side that has to make contact with the negative case. But you could probably hard wire it to the negative battery contact if the device has room for the wire. The one I measured is 17 mm tall - so you need that much extra length in the battery compartment.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline beyonder

• Harrow
« Reply #2973 on: November 03, 2017, 08:33:31 AM »
That is a great price on the 18650 heat shrink tubing. I could use some in my electronics experimentation. Who is the vendor?

Fasttech
Weird boxes and tubes

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #2974 on: November 03, 2017, 08:45:21 AM »
Thanks, beyonder.

I think it would work great for encapsulating electrolytic capacitors.

I Vape and I Vote!

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently