The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Need help trying to recreate my fave's  (Read 8162 times)

Offline thomac13

Need help trying to recreate my fave's
« on: September 04, 2013, 10:34:43 AM »
I am looking to get into mixing my own and would like to try my three favorites to start with. I have a hard time picking the top so I just go with my top 3 that I rotate throughout the day. They are the Nicquid 18mb Apple Frost, Bahama Breeze, and Southern Freeze. Being new to this I was hoping to keep it as simple as possible such as getting my nicbase in say either a 24, 36, or 48mg. I would like my final breakdown to be about 60/40 pg/vg as the higher pg juices I have tried seem to be a dryer hit. Any help or direction would be great. Thanks in advance.
 :)Y)

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
  • Trying hard to be a geek girl!
Re: Need help trying to recreate my fave's
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »
Thomac13 -- first let me tell you that it is kinda hard to replicate pre-mixed juices because a lot of times you have no idea of ALL of the flavoring that is in the mixes.    Even when you know the base flavor, if you don't know the manufacturer of that base flavor -- it won't be the same.   I have tried every single one of Nicquid's flavors and I believe a lot of them can be complex, especially that Bahama Breeze.   

Also, how high of nicotine content do you vape?
Paulette         Vaping since 10-18-11

"If you choose to do nothing now, don't be surprised when you have nothing (vape-wise) later."   By Mark Burton

Offline thomac13

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 11:27:45 AM »
18mg, yeah I agree on the complexity which is why I was hoping some veteran diyers might have a better idea.

Offline Gazza35

• Flavour chaser.......Yum!!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 11:40:35 AM »
lettie is very clued up in almost everything...and she is right to say replicating a flavour is near imposable. i been trying to replicate mdv666 by vapeking and not even close to it tbh lol mind you i did fall over there cool orange almost by accident lol. i would say dont try to replicate but make your own version. if your new to mixing first thing you will have to do is start trying flavours i been lucky and found some great flavours almost by accident. but theres so many manufacures it is imposable to hunt there exact blend and most mixers dont bother trying they just invent there own or buy pure flavours.

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 11:43:13 AM »
18mg, yeah I agree on the complexity which is why I was hoping some veteran diyers might have a better idea.

With vaping at 18mg, I wouldn't get 36mg nicotine.   I would go with 50 or 60mg.

All of these flavors have a menthol flavor in them.   

Bahama BLIZZARD (not Breeze) is:   orange, cranberry and peach which is blended and frozen with cool sweet menthol.

The other two are just green apple with menthol, one more mentholly than the other.   I wish I could recommend a green apple, but I've used Loranns in the past and while it is good, it is not very potent.   I used to vape green apple and menthol for about 6 months, but don't have the recipe anymore!       

"If you choose to do nothing now, don't be surprised when you have nothing (vape-wise) later."   By Mark Burton

Offline thomac13

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 11:54:36 AM »
I always mess up the name on the Bahama juice, I do taste a bit of peach and strawberry in the Souther Freeze, I also have a juice by Buckeye Vapors called Super Juice that I want to try adding a bit of menthol to it, I like it but it seems like it is missing something w:)w

Offline thomac13

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 11:56:28 AM »

With vaping at 18mg, I wouldn't get 36mg nicotine.   I would go with 50 or 60mg.

Bahama BLIZZARD (not Breeze) is:   orange, cranberry and peach which is blended and frozen with cool sweet menthol.

The other two are just green apple with menthol, one more mentholly than the other.   I wish I could recommend a green apple, but I've used Loranns in the past and while it is good, it is not very potent.   I used to vape green apple and menthol for about 6 months, but don't have the recipe anymore!     

Looks like I will start making my order list, are most flavors mixed in pg or vg or does it just vary?

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »
I always mess up the name on the Bahama juice, I do taste a bit of peach and strawberry in the Souther Freeze, I also have a juice by Buckeye Vapors called Super Juice that I want to try adding a bit of menthol to it, I like it but it seems like it is missing something w:)w

When I used to make my menthol, I would use a pre-mixed menthol and add the apple to it.   They don't make that pre-mixed menthol anymore.   I did buy some "menthol" flavoring, but have never used it.   I pretty much stopped with the menthol after about 10 months of vaping.   Hopefully someone that mixes with menthol can give you a recommendation.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 11:58:48 AM »
i only vape apple flavours  and the strongest tasting apple i've come across in 5 years of vaping is  capella green apple,  i vape this all day  every day,   when i want a slight change i go for the perfumers apprentice candy apple. 

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 12:00:43 PM »

Looks like I will start making my order list, are most flavors mixed in pg or vg or does it just vary?

It varies!    Wizard Labs used to let you buy them in many different increments, but now only offer 100% PG or 100% VG.   If you are interested in seeing a shopping list I put together for Mark some time ago, I can forward that "e-mail" to you -- just PM me your email address and I'll be happy to do it.   It is just the basics to get you started.

Offline Erick

• Living the Dream
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 05:37:38 PM »

Welcome to the wonderful world of mixing.  Around my house I am known as the Elixir Mixer.  If you are a menthol lover, order Menthol Crystals (15 grams) from Wizard Labs.  It should come with a little spoon.  First crush a small amount of crystals and start by adding 1 spoonful (appox. 1cc) to an empty bottle and ad 10ml of PG on top of it.  IT WILL NOT melt in the cold PG.  You will need to cap your bottle and steep it.  Put a cup and a half of water into the micro and bring it to a boil (approx. 3 1/2 minutes). Remove the water from the microwave and put the bottle of menthol/PG into the water.  As the PG thins, vigorously shake the bottle and return it to the water.  Continue this operation until the water cools to tepid.  You may have to repeat this a second time.  Wa La, 10% menthol solution (it is actually a suspension).  Because, the menthol particles are no all turned to liquid, the solution may have to be resteeped before using if it sits for a prolonged period. 

Good Luck    Eric  :})>
Eric  :>}>  Full Time RV'ers - Coming to a Town Near You

Offline thomac13

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 11:36:33 PM »
Thanks again for the info everyone!  The more I read up on mixing the more I am looking forward to trying out different flavors.  I do enjoy menthol so the advice is much appreciated.  Hopefully I will get to order my first batch of ingredients and will be able to share with you.  :()()

Offline SamIam

• Vapeologist
  • Hulk Smash! Hulk Smash Hard!
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 03:15:26 AM »
Thanks again for the info everyone!  The more I read up on mixing the more I am looking forward to trying out different flavors.  I do enjoy menthol so the advice is much appreciated.  Hopefully I will get to order my first batch of ingredients and will be able to share with you.  :()()

Good luck with your foray into mixing your own liquids  :)+1  Once you start you'll find you are buying new flavorings left and right  :D  at least I have!  I like to make my own and not replicate others but it does help to keep trying new stuff that's premixed for a change up and to keep you with fresh ideas about what can be done...

Offline Gazza35

• Flavour chaser.......Yum!!
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
tell me about it lol i have 63 diffrent flavours in my mixing set atm and i just ordered 4 more lmao. my wife starting to frown when she sees my mixing set. lmao

Offline venom ballistics

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 12:02:00 PM »
Bahama breeze, if anything like VaporFi's, will be pineapple, mango, and lemon.
I wouldn't worry about nailing the recipe. Anytime pineapple, mango, lemon, orange, key lime, and bourbon meet up in nearly any combination ... good things seem to happen

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently