The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Today's Vapemail  (Read 397538 times)

Offline MRSpivey

• No matter where you go, there you are.
Re: Today's Vapemail
« Reply #3475 on: June 05, 2018, 10:43:54 AM »
I've had no inclination to try the salts variety since I'm very low (working toward zero) Nic. Not to mention I have about 1.5 L. of 100 mg Nic in the freezer.

Late post of latest Vape mail. Hive RTA and bubble tank.

...and I've spent all of it on vape related supplies!

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #3476 on: June 05, 2018, 11:03:17 AM »
Thanks ian,  so no good for me then   with no throat hit

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #3477 on: June 05, 2018, 02:11:54 PM »
There is a variety of nic salt with throat hit(can't remember the name) and the one with no throat hit called 'Smooth'. No sense in changing for you Caz.

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #3478 on: June 05, 2018, 05:47:59 PM »
Just a hint: go take a look at the modmakers section on Creme de Vape. SX350J v2 is £31,50 + p&p. Better chip than what Wismec (yup, that's what is under the hood) threw in the flasks.

I'm ok with the board in the flask... I vape at 1.8 watts. I just need a device that runs a 26650 and is solid stainless steel. Electroplated die cast metal just don't cut it with me.

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #3479 on: June 05, 2018, 05:51:49 PM »
Just a hint: go take a look at the modmakers section on Creme de Vape. SX350J v2 is £31,50 + p&p. Better chip than what Wismec (yup, that's what is under the hood) threw in the flasks.

I'm ok with the board in the flask... I vape at 1.8 watts. I just need a device that runs a 26650 and is solid stainless steel. Electroplated die cast metal just don't cut it with me.
You're battery must last weeks!!!

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #3480 on: June 05, 2018, 05:58:02 PM »
2-3 days with regular use. It would last Caz a month.

The market has shifted back to 18650's for sub ohming because of the amp draw or some crap. For normal wattage MTL it lasts ages.

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #3481 on: July 03, 2018, 06:39:55 PM »

Some new gear I picked up recently.
1) The Proton Mod by Innokin, dual 18650, 200w. This is a beautiful mod. Has become my new favourite mod.
2) Scion 2 Sub-ohm Tank(on top of the Proton). Great little tank. Sliding top fill. Various types of coils available including Mesh coils
3) On the left is the Kansei Dual Coil RTA by Vandy Vape. Nice tank, easy to build/wick and great flavour.
4) On the right is the Coilart Mage Sub-ohm. Various coils including Mesh coil (which in this tank are soooo overrated)
5) At the front is the Advken CP. Easy to build/wick single coil beast. Wicks like a champ and great flavour.

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #3482 on: July 04, 2018, 09:14:13 AM »
Very sharp looking Ian!  :)). K

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #3483 on: July 04, 2018, 09:31:02 AM »
Very sharp looking Ian!  :)). K

Thanks Kate. The gold colours were not by choice, they were on sale and it's the only colour they had left!!

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #3484 on: July 04, 2018, 09:44:35 AM »
I quite like the gold colour Ian!  Goes well with most other colours!  You are one happy Irishman with all your new goodies!  k. ♥️

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #3485 on: July 04, 2018, 09:53:53 AM »
My problem is I get bored very quickly and feel the need to have something new. I have another list put together that I have to pull the trigger on. Nothing amazing, just some wire and a few tanks. I'm constantly chasing the perfect Vape!!!

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #3486 on: July 05, 2018, 01:54:22 PM »
ian,  with the amount of stuff you have bought over the years,  if you havent found the perfect vape yet   %5%

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #3487 on: July 05, 2018, 03:49:25 PM »
Yeah, I know Caz, it's ridiculous!!!. Funny thing is something I bought about two years ago is something I use everyday, the Limitless RDTA. I'm just looking for something similar but more convenient, that doesn't leak when I put it in my pocket.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #3488 on: July 07, 2018, 06:19:24 AM »
ha ha  you'll be bankrupt before you find your dream   >:D

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #3489 on: July 07, 2018, 07:33:01 AM »
ha ha  you'll be bankrupt before you find your dream   >:D
True!!.... My credit card provider loves me  :)

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #3490 on: November 24, 2018, 07:55:56 PM »
Been a while since anyone has posted in this thread... thought I would give it a bump.

I finally received my FT order... KRMA BF squonker atty the...

Vaporesso Swag 80W....

and the ATHENA Smart-40S 40W...

In true FastTech manner they didn't have the carbon fiber Athena on hand so they sent me the wood grain one instead... I guess they thought they could get it to stick with me instead.... Not interested, as it's not real wood... more like and epoxied, sticker version of it. I gave it a quick try out.. its not as nice as the Vaporesso but it's usable.  Have to deal with all there nonsense returning it to get the right one.

The Vaporesso Swag is like a really nice iStick Pico ... works well and matches the Prime atty I am using it with. Has some nice features in the programing including a ramped setting for the entire stage of a button click in wattage mode. Like if you want it to start hot and then down to suitable run setting. Can even pulse it if that's what you like. It does have a puff counter.. used it for a while but disabled it.

Got an extra SXK Prime atty because it's good and nice to have a second... LOL all my Kayfun atties are in true ark style...... sets of two.

The KRMA is going though its trials now.... I have a 2 ohm coil on it running at 11 watts.... Its a little airy but for the first time I can actually taste my vape on a dripper without using the nuclear setting range. I did make the coil a full 4mm diameter to get it close to the air slots and force more airflow around the coil.

As Cy said it does hold it's air setting well (like that) the air channels seem to be in the right spot for flavor (like that) and the liquid feed hole on the bottom is in a way that when the bottle is un-squeezed it pulls back in any excess liquid (like that).

The air setting seems to work best wide open.... It's more of a unrestricted hit but it's got flavah 

Just have to get used to it and finish breaking in this new coil. :)+1 Thanks for the tip Cy  :()()

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #3491 on: November 25, 2018, 06:38:56 AM »
 It did take me a while to get used to the airflow Darth but I get a satisfying vape from it now.
The best part though I donít flood it and thatís a first for me with a squonker  :]=]
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #3492 on: November 25, 2018, 08:43:42 AM »
Yeah same here.... for the most part they do tend to be leaky.

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently