The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Storing Nic  (Read 1045 times)

Online Ian

• Vaping Guru
Storing Nic
« on: April 16, 2016, 04:00:32 PM »
I just received 2ltrs of 72mg VG nic. It arrived well sealed(double bagged) in 500ml plastic bottles. This should last me a very long time. I know glass amber bottles and the freezer is best but I want to know what's the best way to separate it. What i'm thinking is 1x1ltr amber glass bottle, 1x500ml amber glass bottle and then the rest in 30ml amber glass bottles. Keep one in the fridge for use and the rest in the freezer and remove as needed. As it's a fairly large amount of Nic, so I want to store/use it correctly and not spoil it. So am I on the right track??. All opinions and suggestions welcome  :)+1 :)+1

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
Re: Storing Nic
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 06:42:39 PM »
Donít see anything wrong with your plan Ian.
I used 500ml amber bottles in the freezer, the hard part was claiming the space in the freezer from the wife.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Online Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 08:05:25 PM »
Cheers Cy. Do you just take the nic out every time you want to use it. I was reading about this subject from other sources and as usual I was seeing mixed opinions. I'm a bit worried about oxygen spoiling the nic and turning it peppery. Am I just being paranoid??
PS...My mother has one of those big chest freezers in her house which is half empty, so I have plenty of space.

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 08:10:49 PM »
Ha, I think Cy would be very cautious about removing in fear of losing the space!!

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 08:21:09 PM »
Nice one Kate  :D
I havenít used any of it yet, it is my emergency stash for the vapeing apocalypse, I buy & use as necessary at the moment.
I wanted the leave the bottles full so the air canít get at it.
When I used to do my own photographic developments if air was left in the bottles of chemicals it went bad. I had concertina bottles so I could push the air out then screw the top on.
Donít know if I am being over cautious but thought it best to play safe. 
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • -Sesquipedalian Man- You can call me Pete
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 10:35:11 PM »
Keep it in the glass bottles and freezer, but as needed, transfer 500 ml or so to smaller glass bottles (I use 2 oz/60 ml bottles). Keep the small bottles in the freezer, too. The idea is that you do not warm a large bottle and introduce oxygen every few days to mix new juice. Open the large bottle once to transfer to smaller bottles, and open them once to mix a new batch of juice.

Strong juice (72 mg/ml) carries a responsibility. Label it well; get a lockable box and label the box before you put high-nic base in a food-oriented freezer. Include disposal instructions and a MSDS, just in case that the next person who needs to deal with the contents is unfamiliar with the risks of nicotine. I put my nicotine base away each time assuming that I will be the next person to deal with it. This is obviously unrealistic, because someday it will be someone else, maybe someone I care about.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently