The Vapers Den

Author Topic: The right tobacco flavors  (Read 11084 times)

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
  • Beverage Supplier to the Naughty Corner
The right tobacco flavors
« on: October 21, 2012, 09:18:10 PM »
So apparently I am going to go forward and put together my kitchen (Hellooooo SANTA!!  ;D )  several of you have pointed me in the right direction of where to get my concentrates etc.  It looks like Wizardlab and DYI Shop are the two best with Blue Mist coming in a close second (or third I suppose). 

All that being said, I do like some tobacco flavors but I am super picky about them.  I don't like ciggy flavors (rather funny for a guy that used to smoke 1.5 packs a day) but rather Pipe like tobaccos.  When I did smoke a pipe now and again I liked Dunhill 2200 which is really a rum pipe tobacco.  I think I would like to make myself a two tobacco flavors - a blackberry or other berry tobacco flavor and a rum tobacco flavor.  Can anyone suggest a good tobacco base or tobacco bases from Flavor Apprentice and/or Flavor Art? Or another flavor vendor that i have not seen yet?  Thanks!!!!

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
  • Trying hard to be a geek girl!
Re: The right tobacco flavors
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 08:20:16 AM »
Mark, I am not a tobacco-flavor vaper at all, but I've heard really good stuff about Vaping Zone's alcohol-based tobacco flavors.   I know Craig ordered a bunch and was not impressed with them, but you have to remember that flavors are very subjective.   Here is a link:

http://www.vapingzone.com/DIY-Flavoring-Alcohol_Base/cid-59-1.html
Paulette         Vaping since 10-18-11

"If you choose to do nothing now, don't be surprised when you have nothing (vape-wise) later."   By Mark Burton

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 09:10:43 AM »
Lettie,

Thanks!!! and they have a nice price on their private labeled Vivi Novas!  That was a nice surprise to see.

Offline Victoria

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 12:12:52 PM »
So apparently I am going to go forward and put together my kitchen (Hellooooo SANTA!!  ;D )  several of you have pointed me in the right direction of where to get my concentrates etc.  It looks like Wizardlab and DYI Shop are the two best with Blue Mist coming in a close second (or third I suppose). 

All that being said, I do like some tobacco flavors but I am super picky about them.  I don't like ciggy flavors (rather funny for a guy that used to smoke 1.5 packs a day) but rather Pipe like tobaccos.  When I did smoke a pipe now and again I liked Dunhill 2200 which is really a rum pipe tobacco.  I think I would like to make myself a two tobacco flavors - a blackberry or other berry tobacco flavor and a rum tobacco flavor.  Can anyone suggest a good tobacco base or tobacco bases from Flavor Apprentice and/or Flavor Art? Or another flavor vendor that i have not seen yet?  Thanks!!!!

Mark, did you get sorted with a tobacco base? I'm fancying a pipe like tobacco and I've never really found any tobacco flavours that I've liked. I'm not looking for an ADV just a now and again juice.
Thanks,

Victoria.
Keep smiling; makes people wonder what you're up to  O:-)

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 01:38:52 PM »
Hi Victoria,

I haven't really started DYI much yet, I am waiting for my vacation so I can do it right... but if you like, I can get you some High Brow French Pipe premix and ship it out to you.  It is one of my ADV. 

Here is the link:

http://highbrowvapor.com/collections/highbrowbacco-flavors/products/highbrowbacco-french-pipe-1

Offline Victoria

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 06:15:38 PM »
Yes please Mark, I'd like to try it! I'll send something for you too.......getting a list of what is  available will take a while though; the poor postman is aging fast!

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 06:20:43 PM »
PM me your Address my dear!  Also, I always get it with some honey added into it.  would you like the same? Oh and I get mine with 0 Nic and I think you that you take Nic so let me know.  I take it you want the 30 ml?  Look at some of his other flavors btw I really like his dark chocolate and his Coffee that I add cream to as well.

Offline Victoria

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 06:46:54 AM »
Thanks Mark. I'll take a look and PM you this afternoon. I think I'll go without the honey as I can add that here, Dan got me a honey tobacco recently and I'm undecided about it yet.

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 11:42:14 AM »
Perfect, let me know!

Offline starlyte

• Attention ! Vaping can be good for your health
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 03:52:17 PM »
Hi  8), if you like Pipe Tobacco, take a look at the address Lettie gave you, Vaping Zone alcohol based ultra concentrated. They do some super flavours, which I use at between 2 and 3%, and the French Pipe's not bad at all. The RY4's great, after a good seep, and the Virginian FC is sublime, my all day vape at the moment :P. Sometimes I mix it with Caramel, Coconut, Cream and Vanilla. Don't need to seep, though I do leave them an hour or two first, then I tuck in. ;D
VAPE IN PEACE

Sent by a Puppy Linux PC gratuit.

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 05:33:59 PM »
Thanks Starlyte, I will be checking it out as soon as I finish my holiday shopping!  Thanks Lettie as well.

Offline CraigHB

• Vaping Engineer
  • Mod Maker
  • Vaping Guru
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 06:31:26 AM »
I'll second the VZ concentrates.  I tried all of the tobacco ones.  My favorites are Wensten, Mild Seven, Island Tobacco, and Desert Ship.  I bought big bottles of the best ones so I'll be vaping those for a while.  Tobacco flavors are all I use.  They're highly concentrated.   They say 2.5% on the bottle and you should in fact use 2.5%.  I use 3% on them which is strong.  Though, I came across a few weak ones that didn't seem any stronger than a regular concentrate.  I crossed those off the list.

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 11:04:04 AM »
Craig, do you think that the 2.5% mixing of tobacco flavors is only for VZ brand concentrates or for all tobacco concentrates?

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
  • Trying hard to be a geek girl!
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 11:12:45 AM »
Craig, do you think that the 2.5% mixing of tobacco flavors is only for VZ brand concentrates or for all tobacco concentrates?

Mark, the 2.5% mixing is for all of the VZ "alcohol-based" concentrates; not for just any brand of tobacco concentrates.   
Paulette         Vaping since 10-18-11

"If you choose to do nothing now, don't be surprised when you have nothing (vape-wise) later."   By Mark Burton

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 11:20:04 AM »
Got it, thanks Lettie.

Offline Stan

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 07:44:01 PM »
It's not easy finding the right taste. Most tobacco I tried were awful.
The descriptions sound great, reviews are good but the reality is different.
I don't know if you can get hold of any testers in the US. I managed to buy 2ml concentrates directly from FA. I'd mix only 5ml testers.
Be prepared you'll probably go through a few of them before you find the flavour you like. They also need steeping.
You might be surprised and like something you wouldn't expect to like so get some what you wouldn't go for. Just because a description says it tastes like Marlboro, you can be sure it really doesn't taste like Marlboro.
No point saying what I think is a great one, you could just pull your face if you tried it  :D

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 07:48:16 PM »
Stan, I have my mad chemist stuff all here, but work has kept me from using it... sigh.. I have to find some time to start experimenting.

Offline Stan

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 07:55:51 PM »
I thought you might have! After I posted I realised the thread was started a 'little' while ago.

You should do it when you get the chance because then you'll have to wait for a few weeks for the mixes to steep as well. It's great when you find the one you like a lot, but very frustrating when you only have 5ml and have to wait again for a bigger bottle to steep.

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 08:39:17 PM »
Good point. I am hoping that I will take a bit of a break in August (late summer tends to be quiet (read dead or disaster) in my industry.  I should probably take advantage of that to chill a bit.

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 10:57:48 PM »
Bump.  O:-)

" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Chief Waffler
  • Mechs are dead!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 11:42:30 PM »
Yey

Bring back a 15 month old thread   w:)w

Why?

Do you need to find a tobacco flavour?

5th vapersary 23/12/2016

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 07:56:56 AM »
Yes - and the thread was buried so deeply that I only stumbled on it by accident.  I hope I haven't violated some sort of policy by unearthing the dead.   #T#

In any case, just ignore it and it will slowly crawl back into its grave.  >:D
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently