The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Help! My Kayfun Prime clone is plugged! No air!  (Read 606 times)

Offline MaineVaper

• I smell like vape. You do too.
Help! My Kayfun Prime clone is plugged! No air!
« on: May 28, 2022, 07:52:51 AM »
After long hard use, my Kayfun Prime clone airway is plugged tightly now. It had been getting worse. I can't get any vapor through it at all. I tried taking it apart but it seems the plugged part doesn't come apart. How can I fix it? If I can't, I'm going to look for another tank atty. Any recommendations? I'm on a tight budget.  #?#
Former cigar and pipe smoker. Using Kayfun Prime clone with Eleaf iStick Pico 100W mod. Usually at about 10-12 watts.

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
Re: Help! My Kayfun Prime clone is plugged! No air!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 03:04:54 PM »
A cheapo jewelry ultrasonic cleaner might do the trick for you.

Otherwise a sewing needle and digging with it into the airways should work.

Offline MaineVaper

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 03:29:43 PM »
Here's the whole story, please read! This is the second Kayfun Prime clone that I've had this problem with. When I couldn't get my original one unplugged, I bought two new ones from Fasttech. When they arrived, one wouldn't pass any air. I believe something wasn't drilled through or wasn't machined correctly. The other one had one of the coil attachment screws stripped. I managed to scrounge parts from one of the new ones to get my original one working. Until now, when it also plugged up. So I went looking for parts again. The part I needed, the only one left, had the stripped screw. The screw was all the way in and trying to unscrew it, it just turned round and round but didn't come out. So I got a knife blade under it and forced it up while turning it with a screwdriver. I didn't know whether the threads in the coil base would be good or not. But it turned out they were. So I scrounged a screw from the other clone and made a new one from parts. It's working well. These things are a bitch to attach the coils to. I've seen some attys that have a hole to poke the wire through and a screw to hold it there. That would be easier but I don't remember which one(s) had that. Fortunately I almost never have to change a coil. Anyway, I want to mention some changes to the design from my original one. If I remember correctly, my original came with two tanks; one solid stainless steel and one glass. I think I must have broken the glass one; can't remember when I last had it. The new ones come with a stainless tank that has a narrow band of semi-transparent material at the bottom so you can see when your juice is getting low. The new tanks fit the old attys. Apparently the quality has gone down as both new ones had serious issues and were unusable as shipped. I used them for parts, twice. So I have a working one again. But I am a very heavy vaper, so I'm sure I'll need a new atty in the future, and I don't trust the new ones to be functional. If anyone knows a good rebuildable tank atty for not too much money, please let me know. Thanks for reading.
Former cigar and pipe smoker. Using Kayfun Prime clone with Eleaf iStick Pico 100W mod. Usually at about 10-12 watts.

Offline MaineVaper

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 02:49:25 AM »
Conclusion. I finally figured out how to take apart the piece that I thought couldn't come apart. It's not at all obvious. They should supply instructions; they do supply spare parts and O-rings. I also bought an ultrasonic cleaner. What a useful thing it is! For many things. I bought a good one. Anyway, I managed to scrounge enough parts to assemble two good working Kayfun Prime clone  attys. Yay!

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 05:18:41 AM »
Glad to hear you got both working again.  :)+1

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal