The Vapers Den

Author Topic: US Shipping Companies To Stop Shipping ALL Vape Products.  (Read 191 times)

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Always be honest and tell the truth.
US Shipping Companies To Stop Shipping ALL Vape Products.
« on: February 05, 2021, 02:48:14 PM »
This one slipped in under my radar, but a friend brought it to my attention.

FedEx stops shipping ANYTHING vape related on March 1, 2021.

I know this was part of the TRUMP Vape360 plan to curb the vape epidemic of the youth, but WTF???

Anyone in the know got input???
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
Re: US Shipping Companies To Stop Shipping ALL Vape Products.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 11:18:26 PM »
This is the first I have heard of it... don't really get any vapemail from FedEx though.

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 09:06:41 PM »
I haven't heard of it either. And I think I have only received a couple of packages by FedEx in my lifetime - they tend to be even more expensive than UPS for small packages.

As long as UPS and US Mail still will ship them, I am happy.

All I could find on the FedEx site was that shipping of PVs/Ecigs to Singapore was prohibited.
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 12:01:42 AM »
Finally did a little digging on this one.

Trump signed it, "in an effort to curb the vaping epidemic of kids."  Back in the summer of 2020.

Shipping of all vaping materials by UPS, USPS, FEDEX and the like, all end in the first quarter of 2021.

This includes, juice, coils, and all hardware.

The one company that I had been using for juice, a wholesale account, ended up charging me as much to ship as the cost of the purchase, end of Feb.  So, for each $ spent, an equal amount to ship.

Now that most of the shipping bans have went into effect, they're being forced to get legal documents for each customer to continue working towards a workaround.  Business licenses, Tobacco licenses, Tobacco permits, and more.  Just a heads-up, but a Tobacco license here in the state of Georgia literally costs thousands of dollars, requires proof of warehousing, and a ton of other palm greasing to get, so that old wholesale account of mine is going to be dead. 

Big Tobacco and Pharma seem to have won, what a fucking joke.
-- Rik

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 07:56:33 PM »
Hey guys. From what I have heard from a few YouTube reviewers that I follow, it's ALL major postal companies in the US that will ban shipping of all vape products. Not sure of dates but I believe its the first quarter of this year. Vape shops can still receive their orders but can't ship to customers.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 12:55:42 AM »
If this ain't another case of "Barbarians Storming The Gates" I don't know what is.

The pure insanity of this just hurts my brain.
-- Rik

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 05:27:00 AM »
Does anyone know their reason for not shipping vape products anymore??

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 10:40:11 AM »
Does anyone know their reason for not shipping vape products anymore??

Trump said it was to stop the spread (or maybe epidemic) of vaping among teens.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 12:05:31 PM »
I have no words,  this entire world is going to shit.    ::)      So sorry for you guys across the pond.   Hope you have already found local shops to get your stuff from regularly  x:)x

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2021, 03:11:25 PM »
I placed a final order through my wholesale account back around Feb 17.

Then the Arctic Vortex hit.

I'm still waiting on one of my drop shipments.  Funny thing it while USPS shipping's tracking went totally down during the Arctic event, my last package showed tracking that it made it to Ireland for St. Patrick's Day.  No joke.

Also, since all of the extra special laws and regulations hitting, I won't be able to use the wholesale account anymore.  To do so, or even set up a real small business, it would literally cost me thousands of dollars just for hundreds in purchases and sales.

Some local shops seem to have already had to comply, so their shipments will still happen in the future, all for the safety of the kids.  Right.  Checks in the mail and . . .

I've only been in a brick and mortar store like twice in the past 3 years to shop, so it looks like I have to head out and do that regularly.
-- Rik

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 05:26:04 AM »
I have been waiting on an order from Wizard Labs for a week now... seems they are backed up with the demand spike.

All the many local vape shops around me have focused more on selling crack pipes and the like this last year... very little in the display for nicotine devices...and most of it is pod setups. The sub-ohm stuff doesn't seem to be selling and none carry anything for the single battery 1.5ohm+ MTL crowd.

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2021, 03:44:42 AM »
It was a provision snuck into the CARES act last summer.

The anti crowd claims that there is a vaping epidemic among youngsters. Yet only a few percentage of youth vapers had never smoked cigarettes before starting to vape. Also, last I heard, the percentage of youth smoking cigarettes is the lowest it has been in decades.  According to the CDC in 2016, cigarette smoking among U.S. school students is the lowest in 23 years. Cigarette smoking among high school students has dropped to the lowest levels since the National Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) began in 1991.

But, of course, such facts mean nothing to the fanatics. They won't stop their crusade until tobacco and nicotine are erased from this planet.

They also ignore the fact that, since innocuous vaping products are going to be much more difficult for teens to obtain, they will just start smoking cigarettes again - which are much easier to obtain.
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently