The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Defending e-cigs on a drone forum.  (Read 518 times)

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
Defending e-cigs on a drone forum.
« on: December 09, 2019, 04:18:18 PM »
 On Mavic Pilots forum.
After someone's strobe light battery caught fire, the usual reference to e-cigs exploding started along with how bad they are in general.

My responses.

As a user of e-cigarettes for the last 12 years I can assure you they are no more dangerous than any other device containing a battery, all the e-cigs I have use 18650 battery's the same as in most power tools and laptops (at leas the older ones) but they use multiples connected together I use one or two.

As this thread highlights a strobe light set itself on fire but it wasnít covered by the national press.

With all the money behind the tobacco industry they make it a priority to leak any story true or alleged that could harm those horrible intruders into there profits namely the e-cig.

Remember how fast the exploding iPhones & Samsung phones disappeared from the press because everyone has a phone, e-cigs are a better target.

And

E-cigs donít use oil, they use vegetable glycerine like you get from a chemists for a sore throat along with phama grade propylene glycol as used in many foods and drinks and what basically amounts to food flavouring for taste.

Cigarettes killed my wife and I couldn't say if vaping is 100% safe but its safer than burning tobacco, it hasnít got arsenic in it and that's only one of the thousands in burning tobacco.
I am confident if my wife had vaped she would still be alive. 

Facts are facts Ė Headlines can be reportedly, allegedly or simply fake news.
Sorry if I sound condescending  but this is something I feel strongly about.   

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline oldude

Re: Defending e-cigs on a drone forum.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 10:48:16 AM »
Hi  All,
Many,many years ago, I grew up on a farm in middle Tennessee.  We raised burley tobacco--our only money crop.  The same big fat green catapillars that eat tomato plants also find tobacco delicious.  My mother would sew cloth bags big enough to hold about half a pound of arsenic.  When the plants were about 2 feet tall, we would hold the bags over the plants and pop our arm down; this arm motion spread the arsenic all over the plants to keep the tobacco worms away.  This method was very efficient--it did it's job!!!
I wish I wuz whut I wuz when I wished I wuz whut I am now!

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 04:58:10 PM »
Hey Lou good to see you post again... you too Cy.

Yeah all these health issues reported in the news lately have caused me to deal with a lot of grief from ill informed family and friends. One went back to smoking because of it  :{

Easiest way I have defended it is that after a good decade there were no problems.. once THC and CBD oils hit the market there is a problem. I just explain that oils never truly vaporize... they atomize only to become a oil in your lungs.

Usually end with "FAKE NEWS" and they shut up after that.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 09:37:11 PM »
Only haven't posted much because everything is the same with me Darth.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 02:52:50 PM »
I understand Cy.. pretty much the same here.... I live a very boring vape life. Not a bad thing though.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 04:37:52 PM »
Great post cy   8)

No change for me either,    dont think you want to hear about me buying a charger for my istick   :D

As for all the health news lately,    luckily i dont have to deal with that from my family any longer as my sister vapes and is usually with me and they dont wanna take on two of us   :/X

Nothing really new with all the vaping health scares/alerts,   we have dealt with those for over a decade   and probably will as long as money is being lost.

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 10:50:40 PM »
<snip>  dont think you want to hear about me buying a charger for my istick<snip>
Au contraire, we await this news with bated* breath.

==============
* unlike the cat that ate some Double Gloucester and waited by the mousehole with baited breath.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 10:58:25 PM by pwmeek »
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently