The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Getting the most flavour out of your build  (Read 369 times)

Offline diggerjohn

Getting the most flavour out of your build
« on: November 10, 2019, 07:10:27 PM »
Hello, don't usually post here. Only when I'm in need. So my problem: I recently have tried to move away from tobacco flavoured juice. I have used tobacco flavour for 4 years so absolutely new to me. I am now try to vape a strawberry custard juice. Which out of my Breeze 2 I have a lot of flavour especially on the exhale. What I have notice on my rebuildable atty I'm not getting that same flavour, I'm using an Ares MTL. My build is probably primitive - 28 ga kanthal 4 wraps around 3mm. I am using Koh Gen Doh cotton (prob screwed the spelling). This build will generally give me .8 to 1.0 ohms. Why do i use it, its simple and it has worked. Unfortunately not getting the flavor. Should add I am Vaping at a low wattage - max 15 watts.
I will say when I purchased the Breeze 2 i was skeptical. I went on a holiday and didnt want to pack the full size. The Breeze 2 has impressed. Although, I like the building aspect and full size with more battery life and volume of juice.
Any tips, tricks or hints would be greatly appreciated.
diggerjohn (4yrs + analog free)
diggerjohn

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
Re: Getting the most flavour out of your build
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 07:27:27 AM »
Only my opinion.
I think you would do better useing a higher Ω build for MTL vapeing, your 0.8 to 1.0 is more for DRL
I build all my MTL coils at 1.8Ω  - 10w, try 8 wraps round your 3mm mandrel & lower the power you use. 
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline diggerjohn

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 07:33:22 PM »
Thank you Cyborg. Have already tried a 8 wrap build will let you know how i make out. Want to give it a few days before I report back. Your opinion matters and is appreciated
diggerjohn
diggerjohn

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 07:50:26 PM »
Is the Breeze 2 an MTL or DTL??. The reason I'm asking is because, I'm a DTL Vaper and I find I don't get much flavour from a MTL vape. Another reason and It might sound odd but are you cleaning your hands before you wick your Ares. I find if I don't clean my hands before I wick, it can mute the flavour on my vape!!!. I just wet my hands and dry them well with kitchen towel(paper towel).

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 05:24:23 AM »
 Vaping is strange Ian.
I am the opposite to you, I get more flavour from MTL.
Lots of variables to contend with the model of tank or dripper, wire used, wick used, the coil build, % VG / AG, air / liquid flow if available & the particular flavour all make a difference to the experience.
 Keep experimenting Diggerjohn
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 07:50:56 PM »
I'm in the same boat with Cy.

Like he said earlier... 1.8 ohms is the target.... just dont crank up the wattage past 11 too much..... 9 - 10 ohms should work best.

Once that wick is burnt you wont get it to vape right after that.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 06:27:35 AM »
How things change Darth.
When we started vapeing you couldn't get an atty as low as 1.8Ω but when you could it was considered stupidly low, now its all low as you can go and ridiculous power.
I try a sub build now and then to see if I am missing out on something but all I get is a flat battery, empty liquid bottle & clouds that annoy everyone but no benefit in flavour.
The only change I have made is that I use cotton instead of silica for a wick, still use a 3mm 1.8Ω spaced coil using 28G kanthal.   
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 05:19:39 PM »
Yeah same exact thing here with the wick and the coil. The guys at work are getting curious about my setup now that they are realizing my battery lasts more then a day... i use 3ml .... and my rig always works.

Hahahaha they are always fussin about with burnt wicks and other various sub-ohm nonsense. I tried it.. not for me that's for sure.

A couple of them switched over to pod setups.

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently