The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Remember those contributions we made to CASAA for the research fund . . .  (Read 15979 times)

Offline VapeFan

• I'm always learning here
Re: Remember those contributions we made to CASAA for the research fund . . .
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 06:39:05 PM »
I tried Chantix. All it did was give me horrible horrible nightmares. I couldn't take it.  Plus as I understand it blocks nicotine receptors in your brain. Yes you can smoke the first week, so I began to go though nicotine withdrawal after a few days and smoked twice as much to get enough nicotine. The nightmares did it in the end plus I was impossible to live with as my fiance put it. I was angry all the time, depressed, irritable... Similar symptoms to quitting cold turkey. Perhaps I didn't have success because I new how it worked. I new my nicotine receptors weren't getting the nicotine. If I didn't research it maybe I would have had more success. Knowledge isn't always power I guess.

My fiance also tried Chantix. She had many of the psychiatric symptoms to the point where she had to be hospitalized. 

For those who it worked for, and I'm guessing it didn't for anyone on this forum because everyone uses e-cigs, that's great! But it just wasn't for me or anyone else I have known to take it.

Offline VapeFan

• I'm always learning here
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 10:20:40 PM »
This is what the FDA emailed me in response to my question, "Is there any proof that electronic cigarettes are harmful or if second hand vapor is harmful?"

Thank you for contacting FDA's Center for Tobacco Products (CTP).  CTP does not currently regulate electronic cigarettes.  However, FDA has stated its intent to issue a proposed rule that would extend FDA’s tobacco product authorities to products that meet the statutory definition of “tobacco product.”  For further details, please see the Unified Agenda entry describing this rulemaking:  http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=201210&RIN=0910-AG38.

Please continue to monitor our website for updates at fda.gov/tobacco.  You may also sign up for automatic email updates on various topics at (http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/ResourcesforYou/ucm176164.htm).

-

Center for Tobacco Products

Food and Drug Administration

CTP Call Center: 1-877-CTP-1373

www.fda.gov/tobaccoproducts

This hints that the FDA is working on a new rule that will treat E-cigs like tobacco cigs. Kind of a blanket response though...

Offline Lettie22

• Vaping Goddess
  • Chief Waffler
  • Trying hard to be a geek girl!
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 08:31:54 AM »
Hey VapeFan, yes, we've been waiting for the FDA to issue this "deeming regulation" for years now!

They keep giving new dates for issuing it, the last being October, 2013 (I believe); however, from what I understand, it won't be too long now.
Paulette         Vaping since 10-18-11

"If you choose to do nothing now, don't be surprised when you have nothing (vape-wise) later."   By Mark Burton

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently