The Vapers Den

Author Topic: My Pico mended itself  (Read 292 times)

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
My Pico mended itself
« on: July 07, 2019, 05:45:24 PM »
 My little Pico was acting up, erratically misfiring to the point of annoyance.
Made the decision to pop in the vape shop and get another but since then it has behaved itself.
Its the device I always have with me regardless of any other mod I take out with me, it must have lived in my pocket for around 3 years (got it when they first came out) so I don't think I could complain if it was giving up on me.
Looks like the threat of retiring it gave it a new lease of life.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
Re: My Pico mended itself
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 08:10:05 PM »
Wow Cy.. you have had a pretty good run with that Pico.

I have been using my Vaporesso Swag for some time now... same form factor as the Pico... like it a lot.

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 10:42:08 PM »
My experience with a great number of mods is that unexplained problems usually boil down to dried up juice on the center contact. A bit of alcohol on a q-tip usually cures it.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 05:27:46 AM »
 I got in the habit of regularly cleaning my contacts in the days of the mech mod Pete so that wasn't the problem.
Using same tank & coil so that wasn't the problem either.
Think I will get another to put away in case of disaster, would be lost without a Pico in my pocket but hopefully it will keep going.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 10:09:34 AM »
is the pico heavier than the istick?      my recent istick is breaking already, the whole top of it is coming off the body, have to be real careful with it plus  the display keeps vanishing and wont come back on unless i turn it off and put it back on    its annoying piece of crap

Offline oldude

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 11:25:58 AM »
AT LONG LAST!!!!  A VAPING POST........
I would like to hear from all of you old, old Den members what instrument of vaping you currently use, what tank or RDA, what nic strength,
at what wattage,etc, etc.  My current favorite is the Joytech Primo with WOTOFO Serpent RDTA (the least leaking tank I have found),.6 mg. with coil at 1.8 ohms.  Let us hear about you, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou
I wish I wuz whut I wuz when I wished I wuz whut I am now!

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 04:08:56 PM »
is the pico heavier than the istick?      my recent istick is breaking already, the whole top of it is coming off the body, have to be real careful with it plus  the display keeps vanishing and wont come back on unless i turn it off and put it back on    its annoying piece of crap
According to my scales its 89g without battery & 133g with.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 05:49:54 PM »
Always a good day when Lou posts  :()()

Caz just get the Pico.... being able to change the battery will have that thing lasting forever ...... Cy will tell you resistance is futile.. don't make me break out the ole "farce" on ya  <:>

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 06:44:00 AM »
I would like to hear from all of you old, old Den members what instrument of vaping you currently use, what tank or RDA, what nic strength,
at what wattage,etc, etc.  My current favorite is the Joytech Primo with WOTOFO Serpent RDTA (the least leaking tank I have found),.6 mg. with coil at 1.8 ohms.  Let us hear about you, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou
Rather than hide this potentially interesting series of answers under the totally unrelated title of "My Pico mended itself ", please start a new  thread with a title more like "Favorite Vaping Rigs". This would make it stand out and maybe attract more and better answers. I would certainly be attracted to such a thread.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 12:56:56 PM »

Lou
Rather than hide this potentially interesting series of answers under the totally unrelated title of "My Pico mended itself ", please start a new  thread with a title more like "Favorite Vaping Rigs". This would make it stand out and maybe attract more and better answers. I would certainly be attracted to such a thread.

The topic is ready.  https://www.thevapersden.com/index.php/topic,13112.msg279243.html#msg279243

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 07:12:24 PM »
Made the thread a sticky Pete   x:)x

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 08:54:00 AM »
lol  dont like batteries,  only the built in batteries, i dont even bother looking at new devices anymore,   just stick with what i know,   i'm boring   ::)

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 06:09:44 PM »
lol  dont like batteries,  only the built in batteries, i dont even bother looking at new devices anymore,   just stick with what i know,   i'm boring   ::)
You can charge it with the USB port & never take the battery out, I never have but you can.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 08:26:49 AM »
interesting,   when i get chance i'll have a look at it.  thanks cy  xxx

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 07:22:58 PM »
I got in the habit of regularly cleaning my contacts in the days of the mech mod Pete so that wasn't the problem.
Using same tank & coil so that wasn't the problem either.
Think I will get another to put away in case of disaster, would be lost without a Pico in my pocket but hopefully it will keep going.

I have a couple of Picos squirreled away, just in case the original one that I am still using ever fails.

With interchangeable batteries, battery capacity loss in not an issue. 
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 07:29:56 PM »

It may be that the top retaining screws are getting loose. That happens on my Pico bottom plate, but the screws are easy enough to tighten. The hardest part is finding small metric sized hex wrenches here in the US. So far I have not been successful, but I have been able to use a small flat bladed screwdriver.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 07:33:09 PM »
You can charge it with the USB port & never take the battery out, I never have but you can.

Plus, the port is on the front, so you can keep it standing upright when it is charging.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 06:50:53 AM »

It may be that the top retaining screws are getting loose. That happens on my Pico bottom plate, but the screws are easy enough to tighten. The hardest part is finding small metric sized hex wrenches here in the US. So far I have not been successful, but I have been able to use a small flat bladed screwdriver.
Are they hex or Torx? At that size a good magnifying glass (or better yet an illuminated jeweler's loupe) is needed to tell the difference. The fact that you can get some effect with a small flat blade suggests it may be a Torx.

This is one of the best illuminated jewelers loupes I have found. It's a Hastings Triplet (best lens setup for flat field and minimal color aberration) with good even illumination. https://www.sciplus.com/10x-triplet-loupe-47885-p

EDIT: American Science & Surplus also has several sets of mini drivers under $15 which may have the tiny hex or Torx bits you need.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 07:06:49 AM by pwmeek »

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 05:41:33 AM »

Are they hex or Torx? At that size a good magnifying glass (or better yet an illuminated jeweler's loupe) is needed to tell the difference. The fact that you can get some effect with a small flat blade suggests it may be a Torx.

This is one of the best illuminated jewelers loupes I have found. It's a Hastings Triplet (best lens setup for flat field and minimal color aberration) with good even illumination. https://www.sciplus.com/10x-triplet-loupe-47885-p

EDIT: American Science & Surplus also has several sets of mini drivers under $15 which may have the tiny hex or Torx bits you need.

They are hex. I will check out their metric drivers and see if they have anything suitable.

I Vape and I Vote!

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently