Eliquid Discussions > Mixing Section

Adding Nicotine to 0mg liquid

(1/1)

John_Vella:
Hi all,

I just wanted to double check that I hadn't been given duff information before I start mixing...

I bought a 120ml bottle of Loaded Cookie Butter liquid which is 0mg and I also bought 6 10ml Nicotine Shot bottles which are 18mg/ml

I want to end up with 12mg strength liquid and the lady at the shop said I'd have to remove some of the flavoured liquid then add all six bottles of nicotine.

Can anyone tell me how much flavour I would have to remove, and if I should add all 6 nic bottles, as she advised?

Thanks in advance,

John.

pwmeek:

--- Quote from: John_Vella on May 04, 2019, 10:52:23 AM ---Hi all,

I just wanted to double check that I hadn't been given duff information before I start mixing...

I bought a 120ml bottle of Loaded Cookie Butter liquid which is 0mg and I also bought 6 10ml Nicotine Shot bottles which are 18mg/ml

I want to end up with 12mg strength liquid and the lady at the shop said I'd have to remove some of the flavoured liquid then add all six bottles of nicotine.

Can anyone tell me how much flavour I would have to remove, and if I should add all 6 nic bottles, as she advised?

Thanks in advance,

John.

--- End quote ---

This is not too difficult to figure out. You have 6 nic-shot bottles of 10 ml each. Each bottle has 180 mg of nicotine (10 ml at 18 mg/ml), so you have 6x180 mg of nicotine = 1080 mg of nicotine.

You want to end up with 12 mg/ml. 1080/12 = 90. Using all six of your nic-shots, you are going to end up with only 90 ml of 12 mg/ml e-juice.

Now you already have 60 ml of liquid in your nic-shots, so you can add only 30 ml of your flavored e-juice to end up with that 90 ml of your desired strength. You would have to remove 90 ml out of the 120 original ml.

Frankly, you've been had. You will have to dilute your flavored e-juice to 30 ml flavor and 60 ml nic-shot. (I don't know what the vape shop salesperson expected you to do with the rest of your 120 ml. Throw it away?) You would need another 18 nic-shot bottles to mix up the whole 120 ml to 12 mg/ml. (You would end up with 360 ml of 12 mg/ml e-juice.) You just can't efficiently use 18 mg/ml "shots" to end up with 12 mg/ml.

If you want to convert 0 mg/ml flavored e-juice to a final product with anything close to the original flavor strength, you are going to need some full-strength nic-base 100 mg/ml (if you are in the US) or 67 mg/ml (max legal strength in UK/EUR if I understand the regs correctly).  With full-strength nic base, you can hope to retain some flavor when you mix to your desired 12 mf/ml.

If you don't want to work with high-strength nic-base, you are going to have to buy your e-juice at the strongest nic level available (up to your desired strength). Then you might be able to add a small amount of slightly stronger nic-shot to bring it up to your desired strength without completely diluting your flavor away.

Ian:
There are nic shot calculaters out there. Google for a list of them...

pwmeek:
I don't think a calculator is going to help with the fact that two parts nic shot to one part flavored e-juice is going to leave a pretty weakly-flavored e-juice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version