The Vapers Den

Author Topic: So I got a pod system.  (Read 1219 times)

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
Re: So I got a pod system.
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2019, 10:32:12 AM »
kate,  when i bought the kids their laptops  i bought refurbished ones from ebay,    wasnt just from individuals but from well know stores like argos and tescos with guarantees,   think i only paid 80 for my sons a few years back and he still uses it now all the time.  its just a small notebook hp stream,   took awhile to get it for that price and a lot of bidding on different ones.

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2019, 11:16:09 AM »
Thanks Caz, I remember you posted when you got those!  I'm just going through the winter "blahs"!  To be honest I'd likely get a new one plus cable and then complain about spending the money!  This wee ipad2 and my neighbors wifi, can't get cheaper than that eh! 

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 08:40:04 AM »
i couldnt live without my laptop  i watch everything on it

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 10:18:20 AM »
remember i said i won a laptop not last christmas but the christmas before,   my nephew was giving his away in a quiz,   he only used it a couple of times and realised he didnt need it,  it was brand new at the time,     well i have only just started using it because my old one is still working. 

cant believe my luck at the time

its this one on the link    its black  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-ES1-572-15-6-Inch-Notebook/dp/B01N6PHZPK

Looks OK, except that it is Windows 10. But I think downgrade to Windows 7 Pro is still possible.
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 06:28:13 PM »
For a Windows 10 machine you want to have at least 8gb of ram. At 4gb it will be a pretty slow system once your install a bunch of programs and windows updates.

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently