The Vapers Den

Author Topic: What NOW???  (Read 305 times)

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Always be honest and tell the truth.
What NOW???
« on: July 08, 2018, 06:42:37 PM »
Being sick has given me a short fuse, on top of shakey hands.

I've dropped 2 Asmodus Minikin V2's and turned them into bricks.  One I only had for a little over a week.  Went to using my Asmodus Colossal until it started doing its own thing and NOT what it was set for or what it was displaying.  I'm sending all of these back for repairs and am currently using my VTC mini.

The reason I'm here is that 2/3 of my Vandy Vape Beserker MTL RTA's are leaking like crazy and I can't make them STOP!!!

I need a reliable a MTL RTA that just WORKS WITHOUT BLEEDING LIKE A STUCK WHORE.   Help, please?
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
Re: What NOW???
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 07:27:31 PM »
Did you see the video review Caz posted the other day for the Berserker that uses premade coils?

Might be worth a shot Rik. https://www.thevapersden.com/index.php/topic,13031

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 08:49:44 PM »
I'm only using the SXK Kayfun 5 right now.

Everything else I've touched leaks like a moose after a kegger!

Vandy Vape is not on my radar, NEVER AGAIN.  I have three of their tanks.  They may VAPE perfect for me and be easy to build on, but if I need a strainer, I'll get it from the kitchen.

LOL

Went through three wickings, burned them all before I realized I didn't open the juice flow!

I'll make a post on my thread updating other things.
-- Rik

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 05:32:03 PM »
The SXK Kayfun Prime is a pretty good atty Rik..... Liking it better then the 5, mostly for better airflow control.

Still using the first coil I made for it... think its been 6 months now... I just dry burn and rewick the coil cotton once a week. As long as you get the wick down onto the liquid ports it is leak free.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 07:06:35 PM »
 :]++
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 12:02:33 PM »
I loved those Beserkers.  *sniff*

I've got a Prime around here somewhere.  I stopped looking when I found the 5 'cause nothing else was working, just leaking everywhere.

I had done some searching on The Den before I started this thread and while I saw that everyone was VERY happy with the Prime, but I was quite upset with it mostly from the building aspect of the deck.

I've become a lot more proficient with my builds since then and a lot faster too.

I'll give the Prime another shot if I can find the damn thing.   LOL  The 5 has been doing quite good once I remembered to close the air flow BEFORE refilling the tank!

Thanks everyone!!!  I really appreciate the help!!!
-- Rik

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 06:49:18 PM »
All you gotta do is make one good Kanthal coil.... it will last for ages

Take a little care when removing the old cotton that you don't mess the spacing up on the coil. 

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 07:25:40 PM »
Get that Prime found Rik, if you can build the 5 then you can build the Prime and then you won’t look back.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 03:37:18 PM »
Guess what?

I dropped the whole setup, mod and RTA, and then hours later noticed that I was missing the mouthpiece!!!

I've searched the entire house - nothing!

Now I need a couple of replacement mouthpieces and at least one set of O-rings for the outer part of the metal sleeve that the mouthpiece fits into.

Time to go searching.
-- Rik

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 07:00:56 PM »
While your searching the Internet, have a look at the Proton mod by Innokin. I can highly recommend it. Its a beautiful small dual 18650 mod with a great screen. Its light but really well built(is it is Innokin after all!!). It's my new favourite mod and I even prefer it to my RX Gen3. It only seems to come as a kit with the Scion tank but have a look on Everzon and you should get it cheap enough.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 08:33:57 PM »
Thanks Ian.

I'll have that on the back burner but will look into it.

I have like 8 different things I NEED to do on the net and they're all high priority!!!
-- Rik

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently