The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Death Knells for Squonking ??  (Read 343 times)

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
Death Knells for Squonking ??
« on: July 06, 2018, 10:25:45 AM »
I was in the vape shop today and the manageress received a message from the owner saying that some new regulations ban squonk bottles over 2ml and any tanks that have non-essential parts that if removed can increase the capacity to over 2ml.
She was to busy to go into detail so I don't know if this is speculation or imminent.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
Re: Death Knells for Squonking ??
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 10:37:00 PM »
For a country/jurisdiction that has supposedly embraced vaping, the bureaucrats there sure seem to be fighting it to the last jot and tittle.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 06:13:30 AM »
its a shame they dont sort out the state of the country instead of making stupid pointless rules  to block people trying to live healthier lives

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 07:45:20 AM »
We don't follow the 'rules' over here!!. Shops still sell hardware above 2ml. We do follow the rules on juice but the short fill/nic shots solution fixes that. There's always ways around stupid rules.

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 09:08:36 PM »
For a country/jurisdiction that has supposedly embraced vaping, the bureaucrats there sure seem to be fighting it to the last jot and tittle.

Unfortunately, the UK is still in the EU and has to follow their asinine regulations. It is because of such stupid/overbearing laws that the UK citizens voted to exit the EU. From what I have heard, other countries are considering doing so as well.

" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 09:40:58 PM »
Not sure what other countries your talking about, haven't heard any myself. Some of the laws in the EU are ridiculous but I bet many Americans would take the EU regs over some of the current/pending state laws in the US!!!!

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 03:42:03 PM »
i remember reading awhile back about other countries may follow us out of the EU,  cant remember which though,  probably waiting to see what happens to Britain,   looks like its a shambles at the moment,  dont really understand politics much.

I consider us extremely lucky at the moment compared to whats happening in the US,    although who knows what will happen in the future and if our luck changes   w:)w

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 03:58:48 PM »
As bad as our systems are Caz, I don't think we are as corrupt as the US government is!!!

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 08:14:45 AM »
As bad as our systems are Caz, I don't think we are as corrupt as the US government is!!!
Relative corruption aside, I suspect that ALL governments tend to attract corrupt and corruptible people. Such people are drawn to power as honey attracts flies - or maybe more like warm blood attracts mosquitoes.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 05:37:52 PM »
Relative corruption aside, I suspect that ALL governments tend to attract corrupt and corruptible people. Such people are drawn to power as honey attracts flies - or maybe more like warm blood attracts mosquitoes.

Yep. In Mexico they even have a belief/saying - "A poor politician is a poor politician."
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently