The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Failure  (Read 372 times)

Offline jeddy 3

• Vaping Guru
Failure
« on: April 25, 2018, 10:54:51 AM »

Well Peeps,

After a mini success on my 10th attempt, (I don't even really know what I did to get that!), I have now totalled 14 attempts and its either error message "no atomizer", "atomizer short", dry hits after a few vapes or leakage or spitback.

It doesn't seem to matter what advice I get or what tutorials I watch.

I don't really get a lot of spare time, so I'm gonna have to put this down as an expensive mistake and stick with my iStick.

Gutted!

Jed

Vaping Like A Train Since 1st August 2011
Money Saved: None   Cigs Avoided: Loads

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
Re: Failure
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 01:08:48 PM »
That is a pity Jed. I know it's a frustrating tank to get right, I was the same but it is great when you nail it. ALL the tanks I run are RTA'S/RDTA'S. I haven't bought coils in about 2yrs but my next tank will be a mesh coil sub ohm tank. I'm seriously considering the Horizon Falcon. It has a choice of 4 coils. Apparently the mesh coils are amazing and last longer than normal coils. Might be worth having a look at??

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Always be honest and tell the truth.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 04:49:25 AM »
Sorry to hear that Jeddy.  If I've learned anything it's that if it can work, Ian gets it to work.  Trust in Ian and try not to give up just yet.

Then again, if it's that frustrating of a tank, I'd have given up long ago.  I've got a short fuse with such things. x} x} x} x}
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 07:58:14 AM »
I agree Rik. I'm a stubborn fucker too. That's why I stuck with it, plus I knew from reviews that it was a great tank, I just had to get it right!!.
So Jed, if you want to continue trying, I'm more than happy to keep helping. DON'T think you are bothering or annoying me. If you like, if it helps, and you can give me a few days, maybe I could make a video and show you how I wick it. It will be raw, unedited and not very professional but it might help. I know it works because it works for me and despite what Rik says(which is flattering), I'm am far from an expert. So if I can master it, you can too.

Offline jeddy 3

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 10:34:35 AM »

Hi Guys,

Yeah I will keep trying....saw a video the other day where the guy TUCKED the cotton under itself and into the area, might give that a go....his wicks seemed longer than I cut mine.

My problem/enemy is time. I have three jobs which take up most of it, so I didn't envisage faffing around this much; most people said I'd have the hang of it after a couple of attempts. Sadly they were wrong. I have since read (on another forum) that a guy who had had loads of RTA's also couldn't get this one right. I have also seen a review where under "cons" was typed "fine line between enough cotton and not enough" or words to that effect.

Anyway, thanks for your encouragement.

PS Ian, I looked at the Horizon Falcon, it seems that the coils are best vaped at the 70-80W mark, which means more juice, battery power. I usually vape at around 35W. Also it seems the replacement coils are like gold dust.

PPS I will ask this: Is this current set-up (Reuleaux RXGen3 Dual & Ammit 25) not designed for chain-vaping? The reason I ask is when I detected the dry-hits coming this morning(Flavour becoming less and slight metallic flavor) I put the thing down. Came back from work later and it was fine again (Once more for a few vapes only).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 10:42:12 AM by jeddy 3 »

Vaping Like A Train Since 1st August 2011
Money Saved: None   Cigs Avoided: Loads

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 02:59:52 PM »
Yeah, the Falcon is a thirsty tank. My mistake, I thought you Vape higher wattages!!. Yeah, that tank wouldn't be ideal for chain vaping. I take two-three drags, then leave it for a bit. A good sign that it's wicking well, is when you see a decent size bubble after you Vape it. When wicking it, maybe your wick is too tight??. I twist the ends and then gently roll the middle. Don't roll it tight, when you feed it through the wick will fill the coil with enough cotton. You should be able to move the cotton through the coil with a little resistance but you shouldn't need force to move it. Dry hits are too much cotton/too tight. I'll be rewicking my tanks tomorrow, I'll post pics then.

Offline greendog

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 04:56:17 PM »
That is a pity Jed. I know it's a frustrating tank to get right, I was the same but it is great when you nail it. ALL the tanks I run are RTA'S/RDTA'S. I haven't bought coils in about 2yrs but my next tank will be a mesh coil sub ohm tank. I'm seriously considering the Horizon Falcon. It has a choice of 4 coils. Apparently the mesh coils are amazing and last longer than normal coils. Might be worth having a look at??

I have 2 Falcon tanks and the best coil IMO is the M2 coil. I use them daily and 70 watts is what I find the best. Bubble glass is a must as I can empty a tank in 20 mins. Worth a punt tho. Custard vapes taste ok but fruit flavours is where it shines IMO.

M2 coils are hard to come by but my local B&M stocks them so all ok for me. Ignore the triple coils, flavour great but only last 3 days max

https://www.evolutionvaping.co.uk/

lost or stolen dog ?

www.dogtag.org.uk

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently