The Vapers Den

Author Topic: My Provari got brokted  (Read 404 times)

Offline beyonder

• Umpteen to the elfteeth
My Provari got brokted
« on: January 22, 2018, 01:39:38 PM »
So I fixed it. For whatever fucking reason Provape decided to trust two small blobs of hotmelt to keep the chip in place...  #@# Over time those gave up and the chip moved just slightly, about a millimeter, towards the 510 causing a not fun issue: battery contact was "meh" even with AW's 18490s. Had to pop magnets on them, yup magnets on nipple tops.

First part of glue up is curing and I'm using two-part epoxy, that chip is not going to move ever again. Also sanded the tube as that black paint was mostly gone, two tone looks much better and is a bit satin-ish.

Just in case you need to take a Provari 2 or 2.5 apart: hit it. I'm not kidding, get a long screwdriver, put it against the 510 body / top cap on the inside and give it a few whacks. Make sure there is something soft for it to land on as the chip and 510 come out like a bat out of hell. Reassembly is also somewhat violent, its press fitted together.

Yay.
Where we're going, we won't need resistance | DIY juicer
Weird boxes and tubes
Known to drip sometimes but gennies with SS rope + mesh > *

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
Re: My Provari got brokted
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 06:47:24 PM »
LOL I thought it was just a well worn stainless with patina in the pits... looks good like that.

When you press fit it back together make sure you protect each end with some wood... if the top doesn't stay on you might have to put a thin shim to get it tight.

Press fit stuff doesn't usually take too well to being unpressed and repressed.

Make sure it is pressed in all sides even... if it gets crooked you will lose that tight fit.

If you don't have a small hand press use a vise.... hammer is a absolute last resort.

Moral of the story.. when it's ready to go back together make sure your truly ready.... refitting will increase the odds of having to mess with shims.

Offline beyonder

• Umpteen to the elfteeth
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 02:08:26 AM »
Thanks for the tips but I already smacked it together. Cap had few dings already so making one or two new dings wasn't an issue.

For others with Provaris: if batteries seem to run out oddly fast, check the display. There's a small gap between those LED displays and it should be centered. If its not, you'll have to do this fix.
Where we're going, we won't need resistance | DIY juicer
Weird boxes and tubes
Known to drip sometimes but gennies with SS rope + mesh > *

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 06:10:14 PM »
Good to hear all went well with its rebuild.  ;)

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently