The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Bull Sh*t vaping saves money for new users  (Read 729 times)

Offline DizzyDizires

• Believe You Can And You're Half Way There
Bull Sh*t vaping saves money for new users
« on: December 12, 2017, 05:15:07 PM »
however meaningful it is to quit smoking... vaping is costing me a fortune. beginners? maybe, but, i've not intention of vaping or a hobby or plan on it being permanent.  with that being said, i'm angry as hell.... spending all this cash... juices i hate.  the juices i love ae  very expensive....  fuck me !!  did i mention i'm also menopausal? lol  forgive me.  yay me i'm 28 days smoke free
\

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
Re: Bull Sh*t vaping saves money for new users
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 06:12:56 PM »
Yeah your screwed..... might as well start digging a hole out back.

Congrats on the 28 days smoke free.... Have you tried visiting local vape shops for a "tasting" ?  Might be worth it to make a day of it ... maybe within 1hr range of your house or so.

What flavors are you liking? Maybe someone here can recommend something that fits the "bill"  :)+1

Offline DizzyDizires

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 06:32:00 PM »
right now I'm a Pimp Juice.. (cheep shit) and it spitting me...  mofo.
I love the the expensive shit.. pitty me

Offline DizzyDizires

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 06:38:01 PM »
stfu !!  i'm a blue blood kinda girl... i argue with another local shop with their pimp juice.  I love them both but wtf... I'm not made of money....

Offline DizzyDizires

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 06:41:30 PM »
Yes, 3 local shops... lmao... i;m 56, so my charm doesn't take me far.  idiots...!!

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 06:46:05 PM »
Not familiar with "Pimp Juice"

All I know is your supposed to keep your Pimp hand strong.   :{

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • -Sesquipedalian Man- You can call me Pete
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 07:51:23 AM »
Well, I dunno how much you used to smoke or how much you paid for the smokies, but after 6 years I've probably saved $70-80,000 and spent $5-6,000 on vaping.

Sure, the hit is hard at first when you are getting set up with equipment and supplies, and experimenting (and tossing things that don't work), but pretty soon you will find you are ahead of the game, and ahead by a wide margin.

BTW, congrats on your first month of non-smoking. That one was the hardest. Now you know you can do it. So keep on keepin' on and you will find that the economics will take care of themselves.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 11:40:54 AM »
 :]++
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 07:02:22 PM »
Yeah when you first start vaping your not really saving any money.

Once you settle in on your device, atomiser, and flavors it gets cheaper.

Once you make your own coils and mix your own liquid it's damn dirt cheap. Only thing I bought this year that I actually needed was flavoring. 60$ worth lasted me 12 months.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 03:32:41 AM »
congrats on 28 days   :]=] :]=]

i dont spend much on vaping anymore,  was lucky enough to find a juice i like for 1 per 10ml,   spent a fortune in the early days trying to find set ups i liked.

Offline MRSpivey

• No matter where you go, there you are.
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 02:16:25 PM »
I agree and disagree. Like it was said before... starting out, it's expensive. Heck, it's still expensive for me but it's due to my choices. It has gone from just being something to stop smoking to a full blown hobby! The only thing I haven't done yet is design and build my own Atomizer (I would do that if I had the milling equipment!).

If you want to invest a little more you can get in to DIY e-juice, which will save you money! I make my own and it's average cost is $0.05 US per ml (3 mg Nic, 75% VG, 25% PG, and I clean and reuse my bottles). I watch for sales on my supplies (flavor concentrates, Nicotine [100 mg/ml], VG, and PG) and take advantage of good deals. The added benefit (besides cost) is that I know exactly what's in my e-juice (I make sure everything I get has been tested and has certificates).

The other area of savings is going with a rebuildable coil tank or drip Atomizer. This would take a little more up front costs and educating yourself a bit (Ohms law, etc.) but if you wind and wick your own coils verses buying replaceable coils you will realize savings as well.

Congratulations on making it this far in kicking the stinkies!

...and I've spent all of it on vape related supplies!

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
  • Beverage Supplier to the Naughty Corner
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 06:06:04 PM »
As noted above, it's expensive getting set up.  I'm unsure of where your are located, but what I would take a suggestion above and run it a little further.  Go find the liquids you like at your local vape shops (make sure that they are carrying a good selection of liquids from different companies, not just liquid they make themselves).  Once you find the ones you like, buy them online - in particular both Eliquid.com and Vaping.com regularly have sales on many or even all of the liquids they carry (the PITA Is making sure they have them in stock).  Make sure you buy enough not to pay shipping (normally around $50.00, which is about two bottles).  For Hardware, do the same thing except get your coils and second back up devices (as long as you already have the first one from a shop so you know the tank or device works) from 101vape.com or Vaping.com.  101 has fantastic prices on everything and Vaping.com is an excellent back up to them if they are not carrying something I need.

Congrats on your first month smoke free.

Offline MaineVaper

• I smell like vape. You do too.
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 01:20:11 AM »
I mix my own juice and it tastes great. Very cheap too. Then with the right atty, some Kanthal and cotton, with a good box mod using a good battery, it gets very cheap, once the initial layout is paid for. It will last for many years.
Former cigar and pipe smoker. Using Kayfun Prime clone with Wismec Presa TC100W mod. Efest 26650 power inside.

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 10:33:59 AM »
I don't bother with rebuilding, since my coils cost about $0.65 each in bricks of 50. Each coil lasts roughly 1 month, so the coil cost is negligible (about $8/year).

I mix my own juice and that probably costs me only a dollar or two for 30 ml. 

So a full year of vaping probably costs me less than what one weeks worth of cigarettes used to cost.

I have a fair amount of gear I have never tried that I bought in my first year vaping. I am keeping them as backups, but they will probably never get used. The exceptions are my steampunk rigs, which I pull out on occasion.
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline floecap

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2018, 04:54:29 PM »
Well, I dunno how much you used to smoke or how much you paid for the smokies, but after 6 years I've probably saved $70-80,000 and spent $5-6,000 on vaping.

Sure, the hit is hard at first when you are getting set up with equipment and supplies, and experimenting (and tossing things that don't work), but pretty soon you will find you are ahead of the game, and ahead by a wide margin.

BTW, congrats on your first month of non-smoking. That one was the hardest. Now you know you can do it. So keep on keepin' on and you will find that the economics will take care of themselves.

I agree , after the initial hit from set up , i'm saving a fortune

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2018, 09:09:39 PM »
Hi Floecap.
Welcome to the Den,
Why not pop a post in the new members section then everyone can say Hi.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently