The Vapers Den

Author Topic: A Comparison Of the Top 4 MTL RTA's  (Read 1989 times)

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Always be honest and tell the truth.
A Comparison Of the Top 4 MTL RTA's
« on: December 11, 2017, 03:50:37 AM »

I might like my KayFun Prime clone if I could just get the damned thing coiled!!! {W} {W} {W} {W}
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
Re: A Comparison Of the Top 4 MTL RTA's
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 06:37:40 AM »
 I use the Prime in TC mode & haven't had any problems at all so I don't get why he gives that as a negative, I use it in TC because I use the 4 ml stainless tank so I know when its time to fill before I get a dry hit.What part of the Prime build process is giving you problems Rik ?

I build it with 28G SS at around1.5 Ω but it can get a little difficult to trap the wire, its like all the Kayfuns the screw heads are small, if they came with slightly bigger heads it would make life easier, I did get some large head screws for my other Kayfuns so will have to test them out in the prime some day.
Looks like it messes up my font when I insert Ω

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 02:43:36 AM »
The couple of bitches I have for the lot is that the Siren mini and Berserker both leak.  The Kayfun Prime is no fun to build on.  I do plan on getting an Ares when they become available.
-- Rik

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 06:16:50 AM »
 I must agree its small but I have used Kayfuns for years so don't think its a hard build.
Its worth the effort as even the clone never leaks, hope you get sorted with something working as it should.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 05:49:58 PM »
Thanks Cy, I'm just in a bitchy mood 'cause I can't get the wire to thread.  I've lost one of the screws already, so I'm not too keen on messing with this deck.

I am now looking forward to getting an Ares.
-- Rik

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 09:50:59 PM »
 That's the only fault with Kayfuns, they could use longer screws with lager heads to make life easier.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 08:47:33 PM »
That's it in a nutshell.
-- Rik

Offline greendog

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 04:08:25 AM »
The couple of bitches I have for the lot is that the Siren mini and Berserker both leak.  The Kayfun Prime is no fun to build on.  I do plan on getting an Ares when they become available.

Worth a look. Not a good review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTzefptnI6U
lost or stolen dog ?

www.dogtag.org.uk

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 04:59:47 AM »
I think the review stinks - as if he has an axe to grind. I don't particularly like Basardo (sp?), but think the reviewer was doing his best to find fault with the design.

1) He said something about most MTL tanks having a problem with inadequate "focused airflow at the center of the coil", resulting in a burned taste.  Was the device designed for 60 watts - the power he used?

2) Since when did MTL vapers start using 60 watts? I have rarely heard of even 20 watts being used.

3) He did not mention the airflow setting used - nor did he seem to pay any attention to that after installing the coil.

4) An honest reviewer would have tried various wattage levels - and reported the results, not just picking one outrageous wattage and using it as if all good MTL devices should be fine with that power.

My impression is that he is just another DL vaper who does not have the slightest idea of how real life MTL vapers use their systems. 

" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline MRSpivey

• No matter where you go, there you are.
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 08:33:40 AM »
I'm on the fence between the Siren V2 and the Kayfun Prime. I would really like to get another MTL tank, especially a good one! Right now the only MTL tanks I have are a Kayfun Lite 3.1 (clone) and an Aspire Nautilus.

...and I've spent all of it on vape related supplies!

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 11:10:33 AM »
I typically like Vic's reviews, but this one was like he was pissed-off at Phil and was going to label everything as unoriginal or made to give poor performance.  I agree 100% with VapingFool and then some.  Why did Vic take a dump on this tank?  Nothing original?  There *IS* nothing original anymore, it's just putting together what works and hope that it's liked.

MRSpivey, I'd consider the Vandy Vape Berserker.  Yes, mine does leak, but only a few minutes after filling.  It gives a tight airflow and good MTL vape.  The siren is a good tank, mine just won't stop leaking.  I'm just thinking that I got a couple of defective attys.
-- Rik

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 03:03:21 AM »
I typically like Vic's reviews, but this one was like he was pissed-off at Phil and was going to label everything as unoriginal or made to give poor performance.  I agree 100% with VapingFool and then some.  Why did Vic take a dump on this tank?  Nothing original?  There *IS* nothing original anymore, it's just putting together what works and hope that it's liked.

MRSpivey, I'd consider the Vandy Vape Berserker.  Yes, mine does leak, but only a few minutes after filling.  It gives a tight airflow and good MTL vape.  The siren is a good tank, mine just won't stop leaking.  I'm just thinking that I got a couple of defective attys.

Or you are wicking it wrong.  O:-)

I Vape and I Vote!

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 03:01:57 PM »

Or you are wicking it wrong.  O:-)

The asshole in me would say "Come show me," but I know you're only trying to help.  :/X O:-)  I've wicked it low, to the floor of the juice well, and I've tried high, just into the well (which I didn't like doing 'cause it leaked until I changed it back).  So, I've been wicking it deep.  It's not exactly how the reviewers do it, but whatever is causing the leak stops shortly after filling.  I've filled it all of the way and everything down to half a tank, no improvements.  If it's not defective then I've got my sneakers tied wrong or something.
-- Rik

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 06:17:52 PM »
Try using a slightly thicker bundle of wick.

Also, if you have been saturating the wick before replacing the cover, try just moistening the wick instead.

There has to be some combination of wicking that won't leak like yours has been.

I Vape and I Vote!

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2017, 02:37:28 AM »
I've had the damn thing quit leaking, vaped it down to almost nothing, filled it up again, and the sucker still leaks like a stuck pig.

I've tried doing the thick and thin bundles of wick, makes no difference.  Haven't tried adjusting the amount of juice I initially put on the wick.  I'll try that next.  Thanks VF.  Still like the tank.
-- Rik

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently