The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Heahaches  (Read 212 times)

Offline DizzyDizires

• Believe You Can And You're Half Way There
Heahaches
« on: November 24, 2017, 03:40:13 PM »
 %5%
Absolutely terrified to read your previous post about headaches, but I will.
Hoping someone can give me a simple answer for a new vapor?
Am I vaping too much?  Is it my body coming off smokes?
What sacrifices am I to go through with vaping vs smoking cancer sticks?
Please tell me it's as simple as finding a happy medium.
Is vaping too good to be true? ffs
I just want to live longer for my special needs child.
I'm not hear to dump my life's problems, but to only solve one...!!!  I want to quit smoking !!!

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
Re: Heahaches
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 04:08:10 PM »
 Could be you are using to high a strength nicotine.
What strength liquid and resistance coil are you using?
Things will settle down soon as your body gets rid of all the toxic junk.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 08:08:37 PM »
There is a bit of an adjustment period while you get used to the differences between smoking and vaping.

Some tend to vape more just because the novelty of it all... I was one of those.

I am curious as to what temperature/wattage you are running at and what your ohm rating of your coil heads are? I ask because with sub ohm  vaping nicotine strength is even more of an issue.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Cheerios are NOT donut seeds!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 08:24:50 PM »
Sounds a bit like nicotine withdrawal. 

I quit cold turkey.  Finished off my last pack and been vaping ever since. 

How much were you originally smoking?  What is the nic level is your current juice? 

Most of us vapers first stuck with a tobacco juice and probably around the 18mg nic level.  If you're swapping juices with different nic levels, you just may be starving yourself.  The sub-ohm crowd needs lower nic levels because they burn through juice like a hot knife through butter.  You may just have to find an acceptable juice for nicotine level alone. :]=] :]=] :]=]
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • -Sesquipedalian Man- You can call me Pete
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 07:51:54 AM »
Conventional wisdom says that 18-24 mg/ml is about right for one pack a day smokers who are wanting to quit smoking. If you can tell us about how much you were smoking before you quit, and the strength of the e-juice you are currently using, it will help us to give you useful advice.

If you are trying to quit from a higher level, or are vaping with much lower nicotine e-juice, then I agree that the headaches are possibly from nicotine withdrawal.

One of the leading researchers in the field (Dr. Farsalinos) recommends even higher levels of nicotine for people trying to quit smoking. I was a much heavier smoker than most (as much as 4 packs per day of unfiltered cigs for 45 years) and was smoking over 2 PPD plus using a can of snus (Swedish oral tobacco) each day at the time I quit. I started with 36 mg/ml and that was barely enough, but I was able to quit smoking and using snus overnight. I smoked and used snus one day and began vaping exclusively the next day. That was over six years ago.

I was vaping, but I needed so much nicotine that I was vaping almost continuously, even with 36 mg/ml e-juice - so much so that my rigs (stick batteries and cartomizers) would get hot enough to burn my lips and fingers. I learned to carry three rigs all the time and take a few puffs from one, switch to the next, repeat. The first rig would be cool enough to use again by the time I got back to it. I eventually learned about better rigs, and I eventually learned to mix my own juice.

Finally I realized that by mixing my juice to even higher levels of nicotine, I could get along with much less time spent vaping. I have calculated how much nicotine I consume (and formerly consumed) each day. I now use a bit over 120 mg of nicotine per day. At my peak of smoking it was closer to 200 mg/day and when I was vaping at 36 mg/ml it was nearly 250 mg/day.

A lot of what people want from smoking is the nicotine "rush". With smoking it happens fast and sharp - typically within 7-10 seconds after taking a puff. Vaping is much slower - more like 30 seconds before the nicotine gets to the brain, and the onset is much more gradual. If you are vaping at nicotine levels too low for your habit, you need to vape for many more puffs before the nicotine levels in your brain get high enough to satisfy which makes the onset even slower. I have found that, personally, it takes much more nicotine per day to satisfy me if it is delivered slowly (as in vaping too low nicotine - and as delivered by things like patches or gums!!!). I eventually began mixing my own juice with extremely high levels of nicotine and discovered that I actually use less nicotine per day compared to when I vaped lower strength e-juice.

AS FKN said, if you were originally set up by a shop that specializes in cloud chasers (or sub-ohm), you may have been advised to start with unrealistically low nicotine levels. Again, letting us know how much you used to smoke, and what nicotine strength you are currently vaping, will help us help you find the right setup.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Cheerios are NOT donut seeds!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 10:15:08 PM »
In addition to being a great and wise man, Pete is also a MUTANT!!! #@# #@# #@#
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently