The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Kayfun Prime CLONE  (Read 6748 times)

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Always be honest and tell the truth.
Re: Kayfun Prime CLONE
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 06:56:11 PM »
My clone arrived in knock-off packaging, which looks VERY close to the real one I've seen online.

Only problem is that my DigiFlavor Siren 2 mini arrived too, so which to build on first?!?!?!?!?!?
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 02:39:20 AM »
I did what you said in the Siren v2 MTL thread and started messing around with the Prime.  I am not as impressed with the clone machining.  The V5 clone I have just spoiled me and my way of thinking about the quality of this clone.

I did a build on it, stuck it on my AsMODus and got a zero reading.  Well, that sucked.  So I pushed on the coil just a little and got a reading of 4.56!!!  Shit. #@# #@# #@#

I had to stop and go to bed, but a new build is on the agenda tomorrow.
-- Rik

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 05:38:09 AM »
 Sorry to see you aren't impressed with the Prime clone Rik.
Try tightening the screw in the bottom of the 510 if you are getting stupid readings and make sure the ends of the wire are cut off flush with the posts so they don't touch the bell, it is a very close fit to the posts.
I honestly can't fault the one I go it is almost indistinguishable from my original, only differences are no engraving & the drip tip is not as tight a fit.
Any of the parts I tested are interchangeable but didn't try everything as I didn't want to get things mixed up.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 05:47:56 AM »
 Forgot to ask.
Did you get one with the 4ml adapter ?
Although that wasn't the pre order one its the one they sent because they didn't receive the one they listed, they did contact me to ask if I still wanted it because it didn't have any engraving but did come with the 4ml extension instead.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2017, 03:05:37 PM »
Yeah, got one with the 4ml adapter, working with that.

I'm not unimpressed with it, I just think the SXK version of the V5 is just far superior.  The machining on the V5 SXK was flawless and buttery smooth!!!  Probably very close a clone as possible to the real thing.

I pulled it totally apart and lubed everything with a little e-juice, that made it a little easier to work with.

I've been busy and haven't had a chance to try another build.  The pre-made coils that I have shouldn't be a problem, should they? 
-- Rik

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2017, 05:32:23 PM »
 I have the exact opposite, my Clone Prime with the extension fitted outshines my SXK V5 in every way but a fake is a fake however you look at it.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2017, 06:43:31 PM »
The machining on my SXK V5 was right and tight.

Sounds like I might be getting the SXK Prime instead and get the 4ml extension kit separately.   

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2017, 09:42:34 PM »
 It would help if I knew what the one is that they sent me, found the SKU  its SKU: 9054200 but it sends you to all the KFs listed but if I click on the reorder it gives SKU 9437200: and that sends me to a totally unrelated page. w:)w
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2017, 10:35:59 PM »
I built on the Beserker, no problem.  I've wasted four coils and yet to get a working build on the Prime! -T- -T- -T- -T-

So I take me a break and regroup on the Siren V2.  Much easier to build on, but with my pre-made coil I'm getting a 0.80 Ohm instead of the 1.8 I should be getting. #@# #@# #@# #@#

I give up. They win for the night.  Maybe tomorrow.  Maybe Saturday. {W} {W} {W} {W}
-- Rik

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2017, 06:08:29 AM »
 I know one of the reviewers had a similar problem until he tightened the screw in the bottom of the 510.
Will post a link if I can find it again.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2017, 06:23:52 AM »
 10 minutes into the vid

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2017, 10:17:46 AM »
Thanks Cy.  I'll dig into that review before I start working with the Prime again.

Am I the only person having a problem with getting a coil set in the Prime?
-- Rik

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2017, 01:41:02 PM »
 I am using 1.8Ω spaced coils using 28G with no problems.
With it being a small deck make sure the ends of your wire don't touch the bell when you put it back together, try testing the resistance before you put everything back together.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2017, 05:42:02 PM »
My pre-made coils are supposed to give me a 1.8 Ohm, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

I'm gonna use 28G to hand make a coil and still shoot for that 1.8. 

Yeah, I'm very careful about cutting the wire at the ends of the coil.  There is like no wiggle room in the Prime and the Siren v2.  Gotta be extra careful with them.
-- Rik

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2017, 12:32:01 AM »
It would help if I knew what the one is that they sent me, found the SKU  its SKU: 9054200 but it sends you to all the KFs listed but if I click on the reorder it gives SKU 9437200: and that sends me to a totally unrelated page. w:)w

The 9437200 is a Prime clone made by an unlisted manufacturer for $16.99 US.

It may be that you did not get the SKF clone - it is 9437000 - for $24 US.
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2017, 12:36:25 AM »
My pre-made coils are supposed to give me a 1.8 Ohm, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Yeah, I'm very careful about cutting the wire at the ends of the coil.  There is like no wiggle room in the Prime and the Siren v2.  Gotta be extra careful with them.

Have you measured the resistance of the length of wire before you wind the coil? How about after the coil is wound but not installed?

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2017, 04:01:35 AM »

Have you measured the resistance of the length of wire before you wind the coil? How about after the coil is wound but not installed?

Nah, I plead stupid.  Other than my mod, I have no other way of testing it.  Lost my CBD juice, can't find my tester, and I haven't seen my multi-meter in years.

Sat is here, so I may give it another shot today.
-- Rik

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2017, 05:49:50 AM »

The 9437200 is a Prime clone made by an unlisted manufacturer for $16.99 US.

It may be that you did not get the SKF clone - it is 9437000 - for $24 US.
I did a pre order for the first one they listed, that was before SKF had one on the market.
The problem is that FT never got the one I had on pre order and they sent me the first one they did get, they did email me to say that what they received differed from what was listed as it has no engraving but the 4ml extension did I still want to proceed with the order, due to this I have no idea of the one they sent but it is as perfect a fake as you could want.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2017, 10:56:25 AM »
It looks like FT may not even sell the Authentic Prime - all the listings say "KF Prime Styled", so they are all counterfeits.

I did notice that they have replacement 4 ml glass tanks with chimney.  To me, it appears that the chimneys are actually chimney extensions.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2017, 04:28:45 PM »
I don't think they ever sold a genuine Kayfun. I guess it keeps the price high.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2017, 04:38:03 PM »
It looks like FT may not even sell the Authentic Prime - all the listings say "KF Prime Styled", so they are all counterfeits.

I did notice that they have replacement 4 ml glass tanks with chimney.  To me, it appears that the chimneys are actually chimney extensions.

Yes they are all clones from FT.
Yes the 4ml chimney is an extension.
Yes the clone 4ml extension & glass fit the original (at least the one I have fits)
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2017, 12:47:51 AM »
I still haven't re-tried building on that tiny deck yet, but I will, once I forget how much it left me shaking. x} x} x}
-- Rik

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2017, 10:32:07 PM »
I finally got around to installing a coil and wicking cotton.  I HATE this fucker!  It's about as easy to build on as the damn Kayfun v3!!!  It's built now, had to drain and replace the one tank of juice I put in it, 'cause my daily vape juice tasted like I think moose piss must taste like.  Second juice faired much better.  No leaks.  Lots of popping and spitting, that's a excessive juice thing, right?  I won't be looking for another one any time soon.  Give me the Beserker and Siren mini any day!!!
-- Rik

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2017, 06:23:35 AM »
 What resistance & power are you using ?
I run it at around 1.8 at 10W and never get any spitting.
Perhaps the clone I got was a good one but FT don't show the one I got anymore, its hard to tell any difference from my original.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2017, 05:41:55 PM »
When I first built it, I was getting a 1.8, but after dropping it, it now clocks in at a 2.8!!!  I was running it at 14w, same as I run everything else.  I'm back to my leaky Berserker, and it stops leaking after a while. 

Seriously, that deck is as bad as the V3!!!  I don't have the option drop the wire in, I have to remove the deck screw!!!  Now that it's a bust, it's gonna be a while before I go back to it.
-- Rik

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently