The Vapers Den

Author Topic: The Savour RTA  (Read 1154 times)

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
The Savour RTA
« on: June 28, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »
Posted this on The Vapers Cafe, (formerly Tods forum.) where vaping v1ck the designer is a member. 
Got the Savour this morning and used it all day.
Quickest way to sum it up is would I buy another? YES.
 Easy build, no leaking even if filling with the airflow wide open & it looks pretty good on my little Pico.
 Will play around with the different posts for airflow but at the moment I am using the large one with the ring turned down to around ˝ to 1 hole open.
 I think the resistance of the airflow ring is perfect, not hard to move but once set it doesn't move when in a pocket.
 Flavour is great.

Built with my usual 1.8Ω spaced coil at 10w, wicking well with a 50/50 mix, no dry hits or leaking.

Now I have to find something wrong so I don’t look like a fanboy so for the hell of it the drip tip is a little lose for my liking.

Nothing to do with the tank but.
 I want my liquid – the packaging says CONTAINS NICOTINE which is a highly addictive substance - but it doesn't so like a lot of vape stuff its blatant false advertising, it will only contain nicotine if I put it in myself, its like labelling a new toaster with contains bread and could cause medical problems to people with wheat intolerance.

One thing I would like in the future is different coloured end caps for the drip tip, most of my liquids are clear so I use a tip with a colour that suits the flavour, brown for coffee, green for herb & so on, in a grab & go situation it stops me topping a tank up with something different than what's already in it.

To sum up I will go back to the start “would I buy another? YES” that says it all really.

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
Re: The Savour RTA
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 07:52:56 PM »
Good to see another MTL on the market.

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 08:17:25 PM »
Quite a few mtl rta/RDA's coming out lately.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 08:51:38 PM »
I like the way Rip says you will save on juice because he is only using 27.5w with a 0.25Ω coil, he would save a lot more with a sensible MTL build. 
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 06:03:20 PM »
I watched a good bulk of the review.... honestly I think the Kayfun Prime is a better design. This one kinda seems like a Kayfun with a little bit bigger build deck. They got the airflow to hit the center of the coil so flavor should be good.

That air ring though .... if its just o-rings underneath .. with age the adjuster will be all over the place.

Yeah I hear you Cy.... at 1.8 ohm I get wicked long run times and don't use much liquid.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 08:38:55 PM »
Apparently the side by side posts let them make it with the smallest possible chamber.
If you use the post with the small air hole it makes the airflow ring redundant because you can only get the air that can pass through the hole in the post, it is the same wherever you set the ring, this isn't the case with the large post hole, the ring works with that one.
It is really easy to build so would make a good RTA to learn on.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 07:53:41 AM »
I like the way Rip says you will save on juice because he is only using 27.5w with a 0.25Ω coil, he would save a lot more with a sensible MTL build. 

I got 18 seconds into the video and killed it. I can't stand his presentation style.
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 10:14:14 AM »

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 06:22:34 PM »
how about Todd instead

Thanks, Caz. Much more watchable.

You might like it. Easy build deck, doesn't appear to leak easily, tight draw, accepts 510 tips. It would look good on an iStick.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ZZZZZZZZZZZZS AwdZ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                ``

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 09:42:26 AM »
i shut off when you mentioned easy build deck  :P

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 03:49:02 PM »
i shut off when you mentioned easy build deck  :P

Yeah, I know. I am the same way. But simple pre-wound coils are readily available and only a few cents each, which should make rebuilding pretty trivial.

Unlike the UK, where your medical authorities have embraced vaping as a stop smoking aid, the FDA here in the US is still on an anti-vaping lying campaign on behalf of the drug companies.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 05:15:05 PM »
I wouldn't say they have exactly embraced it but there isn't as much controversy these days.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 11:33:48 AM »
Yes and i'm very thankful for that   8)

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently