The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Happy Halloween  (Read 235 times)

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
Re: Happy Halloween
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2017, 03:00:49 AM »
I lived in a small town, back in the mid 50's and money was tight. I remember we used to walk every house in town and at all the homesteads and small farms close to town. I don't recall how much candy and fruit we got, but it was certainly sufficient for our young minds.

When we moved to Western Oregon, we lived in the country. We might get half a dozen or so youngsters that came to our house for treats. None of the kids in my family ever went out trick-or-treating then.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2017, 09:58:43 AM »
Charges were laid by police here in the Falls, a 17 year old girl stole another teens candy on Halloween!  WW, kinda takes the fun out of things eh!! 

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2017/11/01/falls-teen-charged-with-halloween-robbery

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2017, 10:21:01 AM »
What is this world coming to   :{ x}

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Cheerios are NOT donut seeds!!!
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2017, 12:38:56 AM »
We live in an apartment complex, same one for over 10 years, and never one kid, and we lived on the ground floor.
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
  • Beverage Supplier to the Naughty Corner
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 01:45:56 PM »
As usual, I'm a bit late to this party.  This year, I had ten kids come by.  I am guessing no one expected us to be open as our new neighbors knew that we had moved in just a few days earlier.

I grew up in Beverly Hills, and Halloween was always a big holiday for us.  We would easily hit 100+ houses and made out wonderfully with a ton of Candy.  Walking about a mile and half to the other side of the city to see and get candy from the Witch's house was a requirement when you hit the age of 10.  It's still a great hit in BH.   Below is a post of it.

http://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/exclusive-look-inside-witchs-house-beverly-hills/

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently