The Vapers Den

Author Topic: First MOSFET Mod Build  (Read 339 times)

Offline MRSpivey

• No matter where you go, there you are.
First MOSFET Mod Build
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 08:38:14 PM »
I couldn't find my punch and it's driving me nuts too... yes I'm OCD as well. If it weren't for the engraving, time, and materials I would go buy another Hammond box and another punch!

...and I've spent all of it on vape related supplies!

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
Re: First MOSFET Mod Build
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 08:52:35 PM »
Spring loaded center punches are easy to lose... any tool the size of a ink pen is.

A stainless steel cover plate with new holes drilled into it could make it right. If you did the paint job JB Weld in the holes and re drilling is another option. Last option is bigger holes and led bezels pressed in. That last option is a pain to do free hand once holes are already in the metal but if you have a drill press it's a good option.

I see some cnc laser engravers on fasttech that are pretty affordable seems like you might be interested in that. Not sure how much you paid to get it done... but if doing more then one mod it would pay for itself.... and well it's a friggin laser  :)+1

Offline MRSpivey

• No matter where you go, there you are.
Re: First MOSFET Mod Build
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 10:16:14 PM »
I have one more mod I'm going to build out of metal then three from wood. Phoenix engraving cost $25. I will take what you said into consideration. Thanks.

...and I've spent all of it on vape related supplies!

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently