The Vapers Den

Author Topic: VANISHED!!!  (Read 523 times)

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Cheerios are NOT donut seeds!!!
VANISHED!!!
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:13:25 PM »
I'm starting to think it's a personal thing.  Almost none of my posts stick around for more than a day or two.  Kinda discourages a person.
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline MRSpivey

• No matter where you go, there you are.
Re: VANISHED!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 08:14:24 PM »
I'm starting to think it's a personal thing.  Almost none of my posts stick around for more than a day or two.  Kinda discourages a person.
I think that's kind of odd...

...and I've spent all of it on vape related supplies!

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 08:32:53 PM »
How long a thread stays active is something I never gave a thought to up to now.
It isnít anything personal but more down to what others are interested in at the time.
Most threads in the Den that run on and on are usually derailed from the start so donít lose heart and carry on posting, we could use some new threads at the moment as things are quiet at the moment. 
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 11:07:32 PM »
We really could use some activity around here. It's not you Rik, and not personal.

Offline MRSpivey

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 11:11:21 PM »
So... let's stir it up a bit!

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 03:07:36 AM »
its a quiet spell for reviews also,    for a moment then i thought there was a problem with the den and posts  were going missing  %5%

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 05:02:56 AM »
I can understand people not repsonding, I'm talking about the whole post/reply just vanishing.  I haven't done much, still not up to the old me just yet.  BUT, I've started topics and replied to threads, and it's starting to mess with my head, making me wonder if I actually did it or not.  Not good.
-- Rik

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 06:50:21 AM »
If I remember correctly the server had problems and some Den stuff got lost, I know it was down for some time. 
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline MRSpivey

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 07:46:41 AM »
I wondered why I couldn't get on some time back. I just figured it was Tapatalk.

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 08:45:34 AM »
Hey Rik I explained it to you last week. Yes we lost about 24 hrs of posts when the server crashed at the host. The host set up a new server and used our 24hr old backup copy to bring us back online. No way to get the lost posts back

You did do a number of posts right before the crash. Nobody is deliberately removing your posts. Some were lost the day of the server crash. It's just one of those random things in life... bout the same odds as winning the lottery except the prize sucks.  :{

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 09:11:41 AM »
i lost a lot of posts too that day,  sucks,     are you still losing posts rik?      i havent removed any posts for a long long time (then it was only spam)   

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 09:15:57 AM »
I wondered why I couldn't get on some time back. I just figured it was Tapatalk.

we've had some downtime over the years,  not as long as the recent one though,   felt like two days to me though. 

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 01:46:17 PM »
Yes it took a bit of time for the host to get it all resolved. Was actually just a little over 2 days. With the addition of losing 24hrs of posts from the last day before the incident, in reality it was a total 3 days worth of downtime.  :)-1

Other then this incident its been a long time since we have had any down time from them. Only other instances is when they were hit with ddos attacks... but that happens with every server on the net worth hitting.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 06:59:59 AM »
Darth, you keep this place golden, not complaining, just trying to make sure I'm not losing my mind.

Problem though:  I'm back to having none of the bling in my Post Reply window.  No fonts, no emojis, just nothing.  I'll go through the disabling of addons to see which is causing the problem.
-- Rik

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2017, 07:05:40 AM »
i'm pissed off with my laptop at the moment,  cant play any youtube videos at present on firefox,  have to use a different browser if i want to go on youtube now,   driving me crazy,   i just dont have the patience to try and locate the problem at the moment,   i think its probably adblock plus   but i aint turning that off to use youtube  grrrrrr

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 10:32:06 AM »
The bling issue is definitely on your end Rik.

Your not losing your mind but do let me know if you find mine laying around... seemed to have misplaced it some time ago in a galaxy far far away  :u)

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 09:24:09 PM »
Seems it was a addon called No Script

:)Y) :)Y) :)Y) :)Y)
-- Rik

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 04:49:03 AM »
Good to see you got it sorted out Ric
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 08:08:26 AM »
 ;D

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • -Sesquipedalian Man- You can call me Pete
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 08:13:27 AM »
i'm pissed off with my laptop at the moment,  cant play any youtube videos at present on firefox,  have to use a different browser if i want to go on youtube now,   driving me crazy,   i just dont have the patience to try and locate the problem at the moment,   i think its probably adblock plus   but i aint turning that off to use youtube  grrrrrr
You can turn off AdBlock on a site-by-site basis. If you choose to do so for YouTube, you will see the intro video ads that you can skip after they run for a few seconds. That way AdBlock will still run on other sites. I have to do this on YouTube as well as Ancestry.com.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 08:19:15 AM »
yeah i know you can do that,   been doing a bit more research and others seem to be having the same problem, some have mentioned to uninstall adblock and then re-install and its supposed to fix the problem,  will try it soon see if it works,   i hate ads

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 02:22:51 PM »
Glad to see you got it sorted Rik... no need for script blockers and pop up blockers here at the Den.

As Pete suggested you can turn off some of those addons by site. It's good to do because the net outside of the Den can be a dangerous place.  ;)

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • -Sesquipedalian Man- You can call me Pete
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 04:05:12 PM »
yeah i know you can do that,   been doing a bit more research and others seem to be having the same problem, some have mentioned to uninstall adblock and then re-install and its supposed to fix the problem,  will try it soon see if it works,   i hate ads

Hate ads? Yeah, same here. I haven't watched broadcast OR cable TV for several decades now. An ad for HBO on HBO is still an ad. Ads for public radio and public TV on PR or PTV - ARE STILL ADS! I only watch DVDs anymore, and I only watch them after loading them onto my Kaleidescape system, which will skip all the ads (previews) for different movies and go straight to the beginning of the movie.

Youtube changes things to prevent add-ons like AdBlock from working. It's always a battle between the gun makers and the armor makers. Each one makes an improvement and the other one has to counter.

So cheer up; the next iteration of AdBlock (or some new ad blocker) will eventually work on Youtube (until Youtube figures out how to defeat it). I will try the uninstall/reinstall. Only trouble is, it will break all the settings I have come up with so far.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 08:21:30 PM »
I guess I've been using the right combo of things 'cause I haven't seen an ad on Youtube in ages.
-- Rik

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 04:19:51 AM »
well i havent changed anything and youtube is back working again   :]=]

jeez computers are strange   w:)w

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently