The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Digiflavor Siren V2 MTL GTA - 22mm  (Read 4523 times)

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Always be honest and tell the truth.
Re: Digiflavor Siren V2 MTL GTA - 22mm
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 05:49:57 PM »
i dont know how you guys find the patience to mess around with builds

There isn't any when I'm trying to fit a coil on the deck of something.  My hands shake so much that it can take hours just to get the coil installed.

Nice work there Darth!!!  Wish I had your hands to do builds.
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 06:05:07 PM »
I didn't build the ones pictured... but they were the some of the ones I would make.

Blue winged olive, Adams, March Brown, Hendrickson, Black Ants, Wooly Buggers and the other common flies.

The goal was to match the flies I made to what was hatching in the stream that day... the ones I listed would be close enough most of the time or be an exact match. Most of the creeks I fished were low pressure head water streams with native uneducated brook trout.

Never had much luck with the educated ones near work... I used to watch them just swim next to fly fishers in the creek with never so much as a nibble on the hook while they fed on real flies. Once they know to look for the loop of the hook they can be damn hard to catch.

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 09:59:48 PM »
I absolutely loved going to the trout hatcheries, 'cause it meant we were on vacation in MO!  There was a crystal clear stream that ran just beyond the hatchery.  I remember watching a fly fisherman repeatedly hitting this huge trout on the head with his fly, and no results.  The fish just held his spot in the stream, ignoring the fisherman.  That was one of my good memories from being a kid. ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
-- Rik

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 10:08:21 PM »
Oh, did the build on this one while half asleep.  It is truly a good MTL RTA!  No leaks that I've noticed.  Good flavor and intensity, that's with the 4ml tank that is standard.  Build deck is tough, only 'cause it is so small, otherwise it's a well thought out single coil deck.

Gonna have to get up half asleep and try the Prime build.  I've lost one screw already, so I'm a little gun shy still.
-- Rik

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2017, 01:37:24 AM »
i dont know how you guys find the patience to mess around with builds

Bah, that is trivial.  If you want something tedious, try faceting gemstones - or panning for gold.
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2017, 03:57:12 AM »
Had a handful of friends go to Africa as part of a diamond-hunting expedition, but they never got into the Congo.  One caught yellow fever and almost died, and my real friend of the bunch was kinda on the local warlord's shit list.  This guy executed like three people each day, and if you were one of the three people brought in for jaywalking, and nobody else was, your ass was toast.  There were whole days that my buddy avoided going outside for fear of being hauled in just because he was seen.  They never got to do a bit of mining and the equipment just ended up sitting there and rusting. :lll :lll :lll
-- Rik

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2017, 06:27:26 PM »
I don't think panning for gold is tedious ... especially if you go where the gold is. That golden smile in the rim of the pan pulls me in deeper with every one I do.

Prospecting in 3rd world countries is just nuts. If you don't have a crew of military trained personnel watching over your crew the odds are heavily against you. It's best left for the big companies to do.

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2017, 06:08:56 AM »
Well, when you are up to your knees in ice cold snow runoff and the bedrock is under a foot of hard pan, it is tedious to me.

Best I  ever did was about 16 grams over a full week of effort. My old girlfriend and I managed to take baths in that cold water every evening. No way I could do that these days - I would probably either have a heart attack or suffer from hypothermia.

But it was nice being out in the wilderness with no one else around for all that time.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2017, 10:12:14 PM »
16 grams is pretty good for just panning.

I prefer dredging these days... can move 10 yards more or less a day and let the nozzle do all the work.

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 12:44:26 AM »
A bunch of us tried to talk our friend from doing the Africa thing, but the"Professor," the one that really ended up sick, had everything lined up, including supposed security.  I just am very glad that they all made it out alive.

Now I know two people who have gone prospecting that I can add to my online friends list. :()() :()() :()()
-- Rik

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2017, 12:48:18 AM »

That was with a 4" dredge.

I Vape and I Vote!

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2017, 12:51:57 AM »

That was with a 4" dredge.

VF, I don't care if it was with steam-shovel!  That's just cool in my book.
-- Rik

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2017, 02:55:22 AM »
Too bad gold then was not worth what it is these days. I think it was around $42/ounce then.

I got mostly small nuggets, which I used when making sterling silver jewelry.

I Vape and I Vote!

Online FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2017, 04:44:05 PM »
I'm moving my Siren to the standby pile.  Checked the build, which was good, but vapor production kept fluctuating.  I tried different air flow holes, but still got spotty vapes.  And now to top it all off, it leaks.  I've tightened the 510 pin, checked my bottom seal, and all seems fine, but overnight it will drain about 1ml or more.
-- Rik

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently