The Vapers Den

Author Topic: I Sense A Problem  (Read 2644 times)

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Always be honest and tell the truth.
I Sense A Problem
« on: June 16, 2017, 06:20:14 AM »
I just got my Sense Blazer Nano, nice looking atty with great airflow control.  Hear that Caz???

I cleaned it up, filled it, attached it to my AsMODus Minikin V2, and get the old Check Atomizer message.  I take it off, drain it, take the coil out and screw it back in, look at the 510 pin again, which has no screw slot, fill it , put it back on, and Check Atomizer!!!

Is there a work around or is sending it back the only cure?
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
Re: I Sense A Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 07:49:47 AM »
You will need a conventional ohmmeter (one with probes, not one of the vaping ohmmeters that has a 510 connector). Most any inexpensive multimeter has such an ohmmeter as part of its repertoire.

Set the multimeter to check Ohms or resistance on the lowest resistance range available, and check for Zero Ohms by holding the probe tips together; adjust for zero Ohms if there is a zero-adjust knob, or make note of the reading with the tips pressed together if there is not a zero adjust.

Using the probe tips, check whether there is a connection between the internal center connector where the atomizer should connect and the center connector of the external 510 connector. If it looks like 0 Ω (zero ohms) it is OK; if it reads anywhere from several Ohms up to ∞ Ω (infinite ohms or maybe OOR/out of range) then the atty is defective. It's a quick check. If you don't have such a multimeter, maybe a buddy does.

Assuming you determine that the proper 0 Ω connection is there, then make the following checks:

A vaping ohmmeter would be useful to test the atomizer cartridge. (If you don't have such a meter, you can  check with another cartridge. A VERY short touch on the fire button will tell you if the 'check atomizer' message pops up again; no need to fill it with juice to make a quick check.)

Even if the atty doesn't have an adjustable center pin, maybe your mod has one. If so, run it out a bit to check whether that fixes it.

Also check to see if the atty has a spring-loaded center pin. It may have one but it is stuck. Press it in several times to see if you can get it moving.

This should help you narrow down the location of the problem.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 08:18:23 AM »
I picked up a multimeter years ago just for things like this, now I have no idea where the damn thing is.  Step daughter and boyfriend lived with us for a while.  Both were druggies, stole anything that wasn't nailed down and sold  iit for drugs.  We're still find out things are missing.  I might have to wait 'til Wed when I get paid.
-- Rik

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 09:18:09 AM »
I got to messing with the copper/brass pin and it just popped completely out.  I stuck it back in, just not all of the way, and the coil seemed to make contact and work fine.  Airflow control is very good on this atty.  I'm not a fan of this atty.  It's a warm/hot vape with little vapor or taste production.  Just a waste of my money for it and a pack of coils.
-- Rik

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 12:10:38 PM »
weather is so hot here that i'm getting a warm vape   yuck   wonder what will happen if i put my eleaf elf in the fridge   :}}}

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 03:06:22 PM »
It might help some, seriously.
-- Rik

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 03:15:26 PM »
The way i'm feeling at the moment  i may just climb in the fridge myself   :}}}

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 07:06:04 PM »
What ohms is that coil Rik. As far as I know that tank is a subohm tank.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 04:27:14 AM »
I can't remember, but it's a 15w - 40w coil and I'm on 15w.  I can't remember what reviewer it was that said it was a nice MTL tank either, or implied it because of the very good air flow control.  Just found the pack of coils, 1.8ohm!!!  Maybe that is what made me think it was possibly a MTL tank?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:37:34 AM by FahKingNut »
-- Rik

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 11:33:34 AM »
The wire diameter must be a bit larger than what is normally used for 1.8 ohm coils. Normally, they are use in the 8 watt to 16 watt range.
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 04:31:35 AM »
Yeah, I kinda screwed myself on this one.  Should've let it get out good and, then asked, then I would've found out about the thicker wire, higher wattage, and hotter vape.
-- Rik

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 05:58:33 AM »
Have you tried it at a bit lower than 15 watts? Sometimes it doesn't take much reduction to get rid of the hot vapor.

What does the mod screen say the resistance is?

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 08:33:18 AM »
At 14w it will still vape, but just barely produce any real vapor or taste.  That was a sharp drop-off.

Resistance is 1.73

Damn thing pops, spits, and hisses, not my cup of tea.
-- Rik

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 02:44:07 PM »
Have you tried different coils? Those symptoms sound like the coil has a hot spot.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 05:10:51 AM »
No, just the one original.  I've only got the one pack of coils, so I'm hesitant to try new coils.  I know I don't have to throw the old one away, I'll have drain the tank to remove the old coil.  I'll give it a try.
-- Rik

Offline Ean33

• Vaping Guru
  • 3rd june 2011 vaping ever since
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 12:46:30 PM »
its a sub ohm tank mate even though its a 1.8 coil its meant to be blasted at 20 to 40 watts giving flavour and clouds
turn it up and make sure you use thick juice, the warmth is because of the size
its a small tank and your mouth is near to the coil

Caravela, dani box mod, Dna40 lost vapes, kayfun v3 mini, kayfun 5
house of liquid cigarello

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 05:08:51 AM »
I just will have to give it another try.  Hate to have hardware I ain't using.
-- Rik

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently