The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Congress kills Cole Bishop Amendment-ChurnMag  (Read 429 times)

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
Congress kills Cole Bishop Amendment-ChurnMag
« on: May 05, 2017, 02:18:49 PM »
ChurnMag - Congress kills Cole Bishop Amendment-vaping Bill, while FDA offers reprieve

http://www.churnmag.com/news/congress-kills-vaping-bill-fda-offers-reprieve/

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
Re: Congress kills Cole Bishop Amendment-ChurnMag
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 08:53:51 AM »
 {W}

wow  3 months delay  generous of them  -T- 

corrupt aint the word  -T- -T- -T- -T- -T-

Thought the US wanted to keep business in their country not put them all out of business,  whatever is best for big pharma and big T though  bless em

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Cheerios are NOT donut seeds!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 04:53:40 PM »
Well, it does suck that the bill was shot down.  The extension means several things, but mostly good if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly.  The FDA has all of the cards, no matter how much it sucks to admit, it's just the truth.  A delay can only mean two things: either they're rethinking what they've done and are plotting even more evil shit to do to the vaping industry, OR they've been enlightened to the benefits of vaping and how it is a good thing. :)Y) :)Y) :)Y)

The delay is puzzling, but in my mind I can't help but see it as a good thing.  I could just be an optimistic idiot, but that's my take on it. :)+1 :)+1 :)+1
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 05:14:14 AM »
A delay can only mean two things: either they're rethinking what they've done and are plotting even more evil shit to do to the vaping industry, OR they've been enlightened to the benefits of vaping and how it is a good thing. :)Y) :)Y) :)Y)

The FDA has know for a long time that vaping is far less hazardous than smoking. But fact is immaterial if it means less profits for their big money donors - primarily the pharma industry.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Cheerios are NOT donut seeds!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 04:09:31 PM »
A delay can only mean two things: either they're rethinking what they've done and are plotting even more evil shit to do to the vaping industry, OR they've been enlightened to the benefits of vaping and how it is a good thing. :)Y) :)Y) :)Y)

The FDA has know for a long time that vaping is far less hazardous than smoking. But fact is immaterial if it means less profits for their big money donors - primarily the pharma industry.

I guess I should have said it differently.  They are trying to figure out how not to look like assholes for crushing the grassroots business that helps cease smoking, evolved on its own and uses totally safe ingredients that they, the FDA, have approved.  Kinda like people are gonna see and know that it's just dirty business/politics.
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently