The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Dr Farsalinos  (Read 965 times)

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
Dr Farsalinos
« on: March 07, 2017, 09:53:04 AM »
Irresponsible Marketing by parts of the e-cig industry requires immediate measures!

http://www.ecigarette-research.org/research/index.php/whats-new/2017/251-indus

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

Offline haybill2

Re: Dr Farsalinos
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 10:20:30 AM »
If what the good Doctor says is true ( and I am sure it is, knowing Dr.F) then the FDA is going to have a field day. Very stupid of these vendors.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 10:42:55 AM »
Sadly there are a lot of vendors out there that dont give a toss and are just in it to make a fast buck  :(   all other vendors and us vapers suffer and probably screwed because of these stupid inconsiderate money grubbers.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 11:13:06 AM »
 Obviously vapeing is popular with youngsters, tell them not to and they will.
On the other hand how many would have started to smoke if they didn't vape?
What are the statistics for youngsters who didn't start smoking simply because of e-cigs ?
Its got to be better than them smoking hasn't it.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 11:21:58 AM »
very true cy,   if i discovered any of my kids smoking and they couldnt stop,  they would be straight on the vape.

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 11:28:04 AM »
That does not matter to the regulators, who are owned by the pharma industry.  To them, even a single youngster vaping is unacceptable, even if that person would otherwise started smoking.

Something Dr. F may not realize is that consumers in the US expects fancy packaging.  Put the same product on the shelf in cute packaging with cute names - as well as plain packaging and simple descriptive names - and odds are that the fancy/cute stock will sell out first - even if it is significantly more expensive than the plain package version.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline haybill2

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 11:36:48 AM »
Not being American, or ever having been there, I have no idea about that but, to my untutored eye the packaging in question was pretty clearly aimed at a very young market. If I was looking for Vape juice I'm fairly sure that this childish designs would not encourage me to buy- but, can't speak for others.

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 12:13:00 PM »
Hm, I didn't see the packaging that way - just typical US style advertising to set their products apart from those of their many competitors. Personally, I shop for generics when they are available, so would prefer a plain package with just the manufacturer, nicotine content and flavor on the package - but I am not a typical consumer.

According to the polls, consumers want the candy/fruit/cake etc flavors - very few use tobacco flavors.

Also, a fair percentage are not vaping as a smoking replacement, they are vaping because they think it is "cool" or they think they are impressing others when they blow big clouds of vapor. But, if they weren't vaping, many/most would be smoking.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 12:46:57 PM »

According to the polls, consumers want the candy/fruit/cake etc flavors - very few use tobacco flavors.

True but I don't know anyone who smokes tobacco for the lovely taste so why would you want to vape that taste if you can have something pleasant.
To the anti vape brigade its good ammunition to say flavours are targeted for children
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 02:13:05 PM »
To them we are cheating them out of their smoking taxes,  how dare we have a pleasant taste as well.   Damn us vapers are selfish people,  we have great taste, better health and more cash in our pockets,  we are terrible people  :}}}

By the way,  i dont give a crap about any type of box, dont even want my juice in a box,  all it does is go in the trash,  just give me my 1 bottle and i'm quite content  ;D

They sell juice in fancy boxes over my local shop, i ignore the box and just look for what flavour it is,  i get annoyed if it has a stupid fancy name which doesnt let you know what flavour it is. 

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Cheerios are NOT donut seeds!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 02:11:52 AM »
Those names piss me off too Caz.  Neon Milk,  Unicorn Piss, Old No.27, Electric Watermelon, Cyborg Plasma (which was actually pretty good), and others whose names escape me.  Such a good marketing loss.
 :lll :lll :lll :lll
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 04:46:52 AM »
I have a subscription to ZampleBox and they have hundreds of brands with silly/stupid names.  Here are the names of this month's shipment:  Blue Ox, Cypher Jax, Kiberry Yogurt, Klone Berries, Melon Menthol, and Regrets.   #@#  There's one that you can kinda tell what it is, but the rest?  Blue Ox?  Is it the nose or balls, or something in between?

I've had a year, thus far, of ZampleBox and the silly names.  Now they're dropping the 18mg Nic.  My local shop did that too me too, only carry 12mg and lower. 
-- Rik

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 05:30:40 AM »
makes me glad i dont really like flavours,  as long as i got my apple i'm good. 

Online pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • -Sesquipedalian Man- You can call me Pete
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 07:16:06 AM »
Huh.  :{

Nobody seems to be offering "Pete's Plain Powerful": Unflavored; 67/33 PG/VG; 67 mg/ml.

Maybe it's because it wouldn't appeal to the kiddies (or the cloud chasers).
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 09:45:07 AM »
 A cloud chaser on that would be good to see Pete.
At least they wouldn't annoy anyone for some time afterwards.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 12:06:53 PM »
I can barely imagine some cloud chaser hitting Pete's Potion.  I went from 3 packs a day down to one over the years, so I think I've been in Pete's zone back in the day, but these kiddies nowadays have no clue. :)Y)
-- Rik

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 12:51:34 PM »
Ha, "Pete's Plain Powerful" PPP, you should bottle it up and sell as a side business!!  . K

James Allen

Online pwmeek

• Vapeologist
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 11:15:08 PM »
Ha, "Pete's Plain Powerful" PPP, you should bottle it up and sell as a side business!!  . K

Ha, indeed. I was at a vape fest (my one and only) and a cloud chaser and I got into a fairly heated discussion. He asserted that I was NOT vaping 48 mg/ml (which I was at the time) - that I was lying about the strength of my juice. He asked for my bottle and put two or three drops on to the coil of his dripper device. He took a huge hit, staggered, dropped his rig on the floor, sat down on the floor, fell onto his back, and began groaning and retching. When he recovered, he allowed as how it was just possible that my juice was that strong.

It might be fun to go hit for hit with someone sometime with my 100 mg/ml in straight PG juice. (It's a little strong even for me; I can hardly imagine how it would affect a cloud chaser.)
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.

Online pwmeek

• Vapeologist
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 11:26:17 PM »
<snip> I went from 3 packs a day down to one over the years, so I think I've been in Pete's zone back in the day<snip>
Yeah; I was a 4 pack a day Pall Mall unfiltered smoker (plus about a half can of Skoal for where smoking was banned) for quite a while. I was not such a heavy smoker before I began trying to quit; every time I failed to quit, it seemed that when I went back to smoking it was at a higher level. (One of the hazards of conventional stop-smoking therapies.) I was close to my maximum level when I actually did quit (overnight) using a massive array of cig-a-like e-cigs.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 09:47:24 AM »
I did the opposite Brother Pete.  I went from 2.5-3.0 packs a day to zero, cold turkey, for over 13 years, but when I started back I was just a 1 pack a day guy until I found out about REAL VAPING and not ciga-likes.  Then went from smoking to vaping over night with no desire to go back.

I am a bit pissed that my local shop for not carrying their in-house flavors in 18mg just 12mg.  It's all premixed and sealed, their only 18mg are their tobacco flavored.  Luckily JMAXX NO FRILLS MLS mixed however I want!!!
-- Rik

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 11:11:49 AM »
@pwmeek - 100 mg, straight pg, OMG, I'd put money down on that sure win!  Would be cool to watch!  Ohhh the pain!  . K

James Allen

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 08:34:22 PM »
OMG!  Kate!  That's the most wonderfully EVIL vape thing I've heard yet!!!  LOVE IT!!! :)Y) :)Y) :)Y)
-- Rik

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently