The Vapers Den

Author Topic: The Nautilus 2 by Aspire  (Read 2155 times)

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
Re: The Nautilus 2 by Aspire
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 09:11:20 PM »
I finally convinced my gf to start vaping. She's going to start after she uses up all her duty free cigs. I loved my Nautilus but don't use premade coils anymore. This tank and an istick is perfect for her.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 07:03:26 AM »
well done ian,  hope it all goes well.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 07:41:47 AM »
 Nice one Ian.
Wish I could have convinced the wife before it was to late for her.
If your girlfriend ever lights another stinky show her the Mrs Cyborg thread, that should put her off.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 10:14:07 AM »
Yes, well done Ian! 

Nice treat for me to see was a Todd review!!  Nice little tank!  What was he using with it, didn't look like an istick, matched the red colour perfectly I thought! 

Thanks for posting this Caz!  K

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 12:56:21 PM »
Thanks guys, it only took 3yrs!!!. Kate, not sure of the name of that mod. It is a new Aspire mod and both the tank and mod can be bought as a kit.

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 12:59:36 PM »
CY, my aunt died early December from lung cancer. She NEVER smoked a day in her life. ALL eight of her siblings do though and quite heavily too.

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 04:08:27 PM »
Oh no, I'm so sorry about your aunt Ian.  I remember you posting that she was sick when you first heard about it!  My sincere condolences Ian!! 

James Allen

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 07:20:49 PM »
Thanks Kate. She was doing really well. They knew they couldn't cure her but were pretty confident they could contain it. Unfortunately they discovered it has spread to her brain before they could fine tune her meds. As bad as it ever is to lose a loved one, I think it's good when you get to say goodbye and the person can tie up any loose ends before they go. Her long-term partner only died 9 months previously. 

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 06:26:10 AM »
so sorry for your loss Ian   x:)x

kate think the mod could be this one -  http://www.ecigaspire.co.uk/shop.php#!/Aspire-Zelos-50W-Mod-Pre-Order/p/79494320/category=21671016

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 09:43:40 AM »
 Ian I am sorry for your loss
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 09:53:10 AM »
@Ian, "timing" is everything when it comes to the dreaded cancer, it spreads very quickly!  Your aunt sounds brave and stoic!  Most people "fear" death, I know I do, as I am not a believer in a higher being!  As you say, a blessing you all got to gather around and just be with her during her last days!  . RIP!

@caz, thanks, the aspire zelos looks pretty simple to use, similar to istick40 gonna look into this setup! 

James Allen

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 12:39:46 PM »
i've been researching the nautilus 2,  seen nothing but good comments so far,  i'm thinking of getting one,  never tried the first nautilus,  wonder if there is a mini nautilus 2 coming soon.

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 01:48:33 PM »
Thanks again guys, I didn't mean to put a downer on the thread, I thought I posted that news already.

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 01:51:54 PM »
Caz, that tank is the mini. It"'s only about 2ml, it's the cage that makes it look bigger.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 03:18:21 PM »
ahh cool   interesting,   thanks ian,   will check out if they have it at fastech when i get chance.

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 09:18:12 PM »
ahh cool   interesting,   thanks ian,   will check out if they have it at fastech when i get chance.
I think they are still on pre-order. Another thing to check out Caz, I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere that only the supplied driptips work with this one.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Cheerios are NOT donut seeds!!!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 08:29:40 AM »
I think they are still on pre-order. Another thing to check out Caz, I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere that only the supplied driptips work with this one.

Yup, the same thing I've heard, enough for reviewers and then onto full scale production!  Very odd that they've went with the proprietary drip tip.  Guess they want the N2 to keep a certain look.  I can't wait for the 3rd party drip tips!!!
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 04:13:45 AM »
CY, my aunt died early December from lung cancer. She NEVER smoked a day in her life. ALL eight of her siblings do though and quite heavily too.

Sorry about your aunt Ian.  I feel that the loss of any life is unacceptable.  Doctors would probably claim 2nd hand smoke as the cause, but some people have a natural immunity to such things and in my case a propensity to contract all kinds of crap. 

But regardless, people will argue for what they feel is right.  Maybe we should just give up and go with the imaginary leadership they have brought forward.

Have A Nice Day,
Rik
-- Rik

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 11:09:55 AM »

Yup, the same thing I've heard, enough for reviewers and then onto full scale production!  Very odd that they've went with the proprietary drip tip.  Guess they want the N2 to keep a certain look.  I can't wait for the 3rd party drip tips!!!

crap,   i hate round tips,  very odd marketing decision to do fixed tips will alienate those who like to use their special driptips and a driptip of their choice,  sort of put me off now. 

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 10:22:10 PM »
Your tips may well fit Caz. I'm sure fasttech will have tips for these tanks. The Nautilus is a very popular tank and fasttech are always pretty quick to have tips designed for specific tanks.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 10:34:52 PM »
Yeah, FT will be after your cash just as quick as they can.  This is gonna look a bit odd, but it is just vaping gear.
-- Rik

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 08:41:40 PM »
My two Nautilus 2's arrived today.  Loaded up one with juice and been vaping ever since.  Initial insights?  The air flow control is the BEST I've seen on any atty ever!  You can really tell the settings apart.  I'm not sold on the vape of it yet, but I'll keep playing with the air flow control and see where that gets me.

Oh, and it's a slippery little sucker!  I've dropped it three times before filling it.  I think it's the curved top going into drip tip that adds to its hard to handle status for me.

First ding, the flavor is really odd when compared to the original Nautilus and Mini.  It can be a warm vape if the airflow isn't set right.  I can't really put my finger on it, but I can't vape the V2 alone all day.  I have to go back to some of my other attys for familiar flavors.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:15:00 PM by FahKingNut »
-- Rik

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 02:08:29 PM »
ok this brings up a couple of questions.

i hate warm vapes

can you get a tight tight draw and if you can,  will the vape be warm?

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 03:54:06 PM »
I would expect a tighter draw to result in a warmer vape - given the same coil setup.

I Vape and I Vote!

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently