The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Kit or No Kit  (Read 8618 times)

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Always be honest and tell the truth.
Kit or No Kit
« on: June 10, 2016, 07:12:13 AM »
I'm looking at giving mixing my own a try.  I've noticed that some sites carry starter kits.  For someone without a clue, like me, would it be a good idea to purchase one of these kits?
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
Re: Kit or No Kit
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 07:38:58 AM »
Some kits are good value but some can be a rip-off.
As long as you have something to accurately measure the liquid you will be OK, syringes and /or measuring cylinders are good things to get, plastic ones are inexpensive but glass can be pricey.
Using the Dens calculator MixingHelper_TheVapersDen.zip mixing is not hard to do and can be very rewarding. 
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 07:45:34 AM »
What Cyborg said.

https://wizardlabs.us/

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/unflavored-nicotine-mixing-supplies.html

Just ask away about mixing rik  its really easy to do once you've done it a couple of times,  cheaper to,  i think its essential that people stock up on nic base now  to be on the safe side. 

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 09:19:54 AM »
I know what I'm able to taste so far.  I'm getting a bit bored and scared of what the future will bring, so I'm thinking it may be that time to give it a try.

I'm gonna have to buy things over the span of a couple of months, but it seems like I'll pick up the nic later this month.
-- Rik

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 10:07:24 AM »
The best place to buy 100 mg/ml nicotine base is https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com.  You have missed out on their great sale, where it was $30/liter.  They are now back to their standard $50/liter.

They also have mixing supplies. Before ordering, post the size mixes you plan to make and I can provide recommendations on what to get.

If your order is over $75 (after any discounts), the shipping is free in the US. If you ordered 1 liter of the base and the mixing supplies you need, it would probably meet the free shipping minimum.

There is another company that is best for buying pure PG and VG.  If I recall correctly, you can get 1 gallon each of PG and VG for around $60 - shipping included.

" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 10:11:01 AM »
By the way, I think that new MFS customers get a 10% discount on their first order.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 10:50:49 AM »
I've got one site that has 2 gallons VG for $39.17  I don't see the point of buying PG since I'm not going to use it.

I gotta kinda buy things a month at a time, and I'm limited to about $50 each month, so it's gonna be a slow process.

I don't have a clue about flavors.  I know what I like and can taste, but I have no idea if anybody has worked out the recipes for them.
-- Rik

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 11:11:18 AM »
 #@# Found a site that has 1L nic for $105!!! #@#
-- Rik

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 11:13:15 AM »
Does that include shipping on the VG? If so, it is a decent price.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 11:19:10 AM »
Rik,  you could always start off small,  buy a small bottle of nic base and small bottle of VG,  and a few flavour concentrates and the plastic bottles for mixing,   that way,  you can get some of everything in the first month.

You can stock up on the bigger bottles as and when.

When i've mixed in the past  i always start off at 15% flavouring,  the calculator works out all the numbers for you.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 11:34:13 AM »
1L for $105 is good?  There's another site I've got that is $50!   https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/unflavored-nicotine-mixing-supplies/unflavored-nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid/unflavored-nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid-liter-sale.html

I thought this was a reasonable starter kit.  https://www.liquidbarn.com/products/labware-kit

Sorry, I didn't catch the question about the VG.  Free shipping and it's Kosher to boot!!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:51:02 AM by FahKingNut »
-- Rik

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 12:00:57 PM »
#@# Found a site that has 1L nic for $105!!! #@#

I have seen worse, like $100 for 1 pint - comes to over $200/liter. I have also seen $50 for 100 ml, which is $500/liter.

By the way, MFS has the nicotine base available in 100% VG.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 12:06:01 PM »
1L for $105 is good?  There's another site I've got that is $50!   https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/unflavored-nicotine-mixing-supplies/unflavored-nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid/unflavored-nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid-liter-sale.html

I thought this was a reasonable starter kit.  https://www.liquidbarn.com/products/labware-kit

I was replying to this: "I've got one site that has 2 gallons VG for $39.17  I don't see the point of buying PG since I'm not going to use it."

That is a good price for the VG.  $105 for 1 liter of nicotine base is terrible, unless it is a higher concentration than 100 mg/ml.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 12:18:45 PM »
Yeah, they've dropped it even lower sometimes, but I've always seen it with free shipping.

I'll stick with working with 100 mg/ml and lower.  I'm clumsy enough, no need to tempt fate.
-- Rik

Offline VapeGodess

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 12:56:29 AM »
Rik,

When you get this all worked out, I want to order some of that mellow spice cake liquid from you. I'm sure you are turning into a great pastry chef! Go for it! :}-]
Ionic Woman

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 01:26:54 AM »
Thanks Sweetie, I might be able to do that once I get it all worked out.  Funny thing is the local shop that created this as part of their Premium line.  I tried it when I very first bought my very first vape kit, and bought some.  A few months later I bought an in-house mix called Crunch Berry, liked it, but it tasted like it sounded.  I came back to the Crunch Berry and it tasted an awful lot like the Riddle of The Spynx!  Difference?  Small bottle of Spynx cost $13 while 30 ML of Crunch Berry was only $25!!!  Now I want to break the code myself and mix my own!!!
-- Rik

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 02:06:46 AM »
That may be hard to do, as the makers often use half a dozen or more basic flavors to get their final mix.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 07:31:54 AM »
Rik, there is a ton of recipe sites. Simply google the flavour profiles you like or even the brand of concentrates you are using and you will find loads of recipes. I find those starter kits quiet expensive. You'd be amazed what you probably have around your home that you can use. Old juice bottles for example. Why buy more when you probably have a ton already. Buying the tools seperatly on eBay/amazon can work out cheaper too...

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2016, 07:50:36 AM »
also some of the mixing calculators have recipes built in. 

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2016, 09:24:19 PM »
I was dreaming about mixing last night.  You guys were in it.  We even found a chocolate that didn't suck.  I need to get a life before I go nuts.   :u)
-- Rik

Offline VapeGodess

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2016, 09:34:43 PM »
That's it. Nuts. Chocolate covered almond, chocolate pecan, chocolate Carmel pecan. Decadent, but NOT too sweet.
Ionic Woman

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 02:28:34 AM »
I was dreaming about mixing last night.  You guys were in it.  We even found a chocolate that didn't suck.  I need to get a life before I go nuts.   :u)

lol rik you're turning into a mad scientist   :D

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2016, 02:38:58 AM »
I used to have this huge chemistry set as a kid.  I was that mad scientist!  Just remember that Epsom Salt is mostly Magnesium Sulfate, a strong laxative that you could spike some other kid's chocolate milk with instead of having a confrontation of the physical nature.
-- Rik

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 07:15:47 AM »
Don't forget to try mixing some unflavored juice at your chosen strength. You may be surprised by how satisfying it is, and atomizers last forever (or seem to; maybe 6 months or more).
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline soupwvu

• Vapeologist
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2016, 08:28:51 AM »
I would like to try that myself..........is the any taste at all ?
the sky was yellow and the sun was blue

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently