The Vapers Den

Author Topic: I'm stupid, I know, but hear me out,  (Read 2888 times)

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Always be honest and tell the truth.
I'm stupid, I know, but hear me out,
« on: May 14, 2016, 03:40:21 AM »
In the coming months/year, It looks like I'm gonna have to learn to mix my own.

I'm wanting to do a 100 VG juice, but some people have balked at that notion, saying it would be too thick.  I've seen juice marketed as such, who's right?  How would I go about mixing it?  I'm looking  at 100% VG NIC.  Any help you can offer is much appreciated.
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
  • Beverage Supplier to the Naughty Corner
Re: I'm stupid, I know, but hear me out,
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 03:50:54 AM »
there are several good brands of 99.4% VG liquids, so they overcame the thickness issue.

Offline danwldr

• The Modfather
  • Chief Waffler
  • Mechs are dead!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 05:02:57 AM »
I was chatting with a guy on Facebook the other day

I had an email form them stating that their juices were 100% VG, but when you went to the site it said they were 80% VG

I am not sure that 100% VG is possible, as you are correct, the juice would be far too thick.

You will always need some kind of thinner, or your build skills had better be that good that the juice will keep up, but I will tell you that some of the prebuilt coils will not be able to handle it.

I personally mix 80% VG, which works for me, so really, unless you have an intolerance to PG then stick around that point, you will not notice much of a difference unless you are cloud chasing.

5th vapersary 23/12/2016

Offline Ean33

• Vaping Guru
  • 3rd june 2011 vaping ever since
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 07:36:05 AM »
80/20 is plenty thick enough

i prefer a 50/50 myself but its personal choice

100% would be like treacle and you will have wicking problems
Caravela, dani box mod, Dna40 lost vapes, kayfun v3 mini, kayfun 5
house of liquid cigarello

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
  • Beverage Supplier to the Naughty Corner
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 03:04:24 PM »
there are liquids out there that are close to 100% VG based.  There really aren't any that are 100% due to the fact that most flavor extraction (which leads to the flavoring that companies use) have a least a minimal percentage of PG involved in the extraction process however, for 98%+ liquids look to:

Barenaked
Coil Oil
EC Blend

There are more, but that's a start. 

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 02:34:00 AM »
Pure VG would mean that there is nothing besides VG and water in the solution - other than trace impurities.

If the flavorings used in vaping are anywhere like the rest used for food products, then most of the volume is carrier, not the flavoring component. This would be especially true for flavoring concentrates where the suggested percentage is 10% or higher (20% is not uncommon). 

" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 08:44:46 AM »
Your nautilus tank will never handle 100% VG or anything near it. I tried 70% in mine and I was getting burning. Personally, 60% VG is as high as I'd go in the Nautilus.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 06:07:05 PM »
That's funny 'cause I've been vaping 70/30 and 80/20 for over a year in my Nautilus' and have never had one problem with wicking or thickness of the juice.  Me and PG don't get along very well, so I've even thought of just going to 100 VG but just haven't gotten around to it.
-- Rik

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 07:04:39 PM »
That's funny 'cause I've been vaping 70/30 and 80/20 for over a year in my Nautilus' and have never had one problem with wicking or thickness of the juice.  Me and PG don't get along very well, so I've even thought of just going to 100 VG but just haven't gotten around to it.
Maybe it's the watts I use(15w) and because I lung hit it. I usually take 4-5 drags at a time, so it didn't work for me!!

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 08:05:57 AM »
I run my Nautilus' @ 14W, could be the feed rate per puff like you said.  I only do like 2-3 puffs and then off.  Never had a dry hit.  Had some burned hits when the watts got jacked up and I didn't check before I vaped.  YUCK!!!   :=3
-- Rik

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently