The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Vape juice  (Read 36485 times)

Offline ericm531

Vape juice
« on: January 19, 2016, 01:29:27 PM »
what kinda of VG and PG brands are the nest to go with in terms of overall quality and flavor? I get some VG from a local vendor but I feel like it's just not at good when I make my own juice. Is it because I make them 100% VG? with no PG at all? I get my flavor bottles from Mount Baker Vapor online. Is it the mixing that im doing wrong? I kind of eyeball it and do a little less than 1/4 flavors 3/4 VG

Offline monsta

• I vape therefore i am
Re: Vape juice
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 01:35:47 PM »
it might be because the pg carries the flavour...in high vg juices the flavour gets muted and you need a lot more percentage
For gods sake it`s NOT SMOKE !

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 02:20:54 PM »
use a mixing calculator eric,  there is a mixing guide in the mixing section  take a read through it.

:]++ with what monsta said,  usually need more flavour percentage with vg.

Always make small mixes to start off with when testing flavours.    Test flavours with just the VG and flavour concentrate before adding nic base,  that way you dont waste any nicotine.

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 10:12:40 PM »
I agree with the guys. Your ratio is 75vg/25pg. MBV concentrate are on the weaker side and when I use it I end up using up to 35% flavour. I do like my flavours strong though. Steeping is another big factor. Not sure where our American members get there VG but www.myfreedomsmokes.com are pretty reputable.

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 03:41:04 AM »
The smart ones buy it by the gallon from www.essentialdepot.com

They currently have the following specials with free shipping to all 50 states.

2 gallons PG   $48.72
1 gallon PG + 1 gallon VG  $43.62
2 gallons VG  $39.17

You can also get a 4x1 gallon glyCube at $39, but you have to pay shipping.
You can get all PG
3 PG 1 VG
2 PG 2 VG
1 PG 3 VG
All VG

The glyCube prices are a bit lower than when I bought mine. At the time, the cost to ship it across the US just about made it a wash with the 2 gallon free shipping option. Offhand, I would guess it will significantly lower than the free shipping offer.

Everyone in the US should bookmark the site. I have not found any site that has better pricing.

" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently