The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Beadolon Spool Tamer  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
Beadolon Spool Tamer
« on: January 12, 2016, 07:08:24 PM »
Was watching a video from Busardo yesterday and these little beauty's caught my eye. They are spool tamers, they look perfect for all those coil builders out there. I have a vape bag(basically a wash bag from one of those toiletry sets I ALWAYS get at Christmas!!)  in which I carry all my building gear. I have a pain in my ass opening the bag and finding one of my spool had decided to unravel itself. They are such a simple idea, easy to use and cheap as chips. I just ordered some from ebay(US). $16 for 25 of them and shipping to this side of the pond is only $4!!!. I had seen them on both ebay.ie(Ireland) and Ebay.co.uk(UK!!) for nearly £3 EACH + Shipping!!!
A link to them and a video of them in action....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beadalon-SPOOL-TAMER-25-Pieces-Artistic-Wire-Beading-Wire-Kanthal-Wire-/261978638869?hash=item3cff24ca15:g:soAAAOSwHnFVsZrg

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
Re: Beadolon Spool Tamer
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 07:22:45 PM »
Handy looking gadget, eBay here we go  :)+1 
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 03:29:09 AM »
I have always just used wide rubber bands for the same purpose.

I Vape and I Vote!

Online pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • -Sesquipedalian Man- You can call me Pete
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 07:26:14 AM »
I've been using a patch of blue masking tape on the side of the spool (after putting the end of the wire through the hole in the rim). Slow, fiddly, not much fun. Just ordered 50 of these. (I have a lot of spools of wire.)
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Cheerios are NOT donut seeds!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 03:41:02 PM »
I wondered if there was anything like this out there, not that I need it, only got like 3-4 spools, but great product.

I have a large plastic tool box that I store boxes of coils, atty's and mods.  The top tray has most of my misc stuff like some coils, tools, and building supplies.  I've got two of those like vape starter clam shell cases, both filled with my actual working tools, and I've got the ever popular ohm meter as well as a small heavy stand to hold my atty while I work on it.   %5% %5% %5%
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Online pwmeek

• Vapeologist
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 04:25:14 PM »
LOL

Nearly a year and a half later, all those 50 Spool Tamers are still in their bag and all my spools are retained by bits of blue masking tape.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 05:57:41 PM »
lol  my ohms meter is still in the package it was delivered in  never opened  from about 4-5 years ago   :{    dont even know why i bought it.  never needed one   %5%

Offline FahKingNut

• Vapeologist
  • Cheerios are NOT donut seeds!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 07:26:14 PM »
Well Caz, you still may have need of that meter yet. :)+1
-- Rik

Cigarettes RIP 10-20-2014

"Everybody quits smoking one way or another, I just so happen to quit and am NOT six feet under."

Online pwmeek

• Vapeologist
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 07:03:17 AM »
lol  my ohms meter is still in the package it was delivered in  never opened  from about 4-5 years ago   :{    dont even know why i bought it.  never needed one   %5%

Well, here's hoping it did not come with a battery installed.

If it did, I have discovered that plain water will remove the white crusty stuff you get when an alkaline battery leaks. (This is after trying a whole series of different kinds of solvent. None of them worked, and some wrecked the plastic parts of various devices. I can't remember why I tried plain water, but it was a revelation when I did.) It won't fix the corrosion of the metal parts, but it will remove the white stuff.

You can put a thin coating of petroleum jelly (Vaseline™) on the terminals to prevent further corrosion. Unlike most greases, petroleum jelly won't interfere with the electrical connection.

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 03:54:41 AM »

If it did, I have discovered that plain water will remove the white crusty stuff you get when an alkaline battery leaks. (This is after trying a whole series of different kinds of solvent. None of them worked, and some wrecked the plastic parts of various devices. I can't remember why I tried plain water, but it was a revelation when I did.) It won't fix the corrosion of the metal parts, but it will remove the white stuff.

You can put a thin coating of petroleum jelly (Vaseline™) on the terminals to prevent further corrosion. Unlike most greases, petroleum jelly won't interfere with the electrical connection.

Water is best. If there is still a bit of stubborn deposit, then a bit of baking soda dissolved in water will remove it.

In both cases, dab gently with a moistened Q-tip. You don't want to get the dissolved gunk into the electronics.

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Apple Queen
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 04:08:26 AM »
Think the packet is buried under the stairs somewhere in a box or i may even have just tossed it,  it can stay wherever it is,  if i ever needed one,  i would just buy another,   the likelyhood of me needing one is very slim

Online pwmeek

• Vapeologist
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 06:45:58 AM »
<snip>
Water is best.
<snip>

NOW I know that, but I'm 73 and only discovered that in the past few years. I've been playing around with electronics since I was 5 years old; why did I not know this until I was in my 70s?

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 07:08:04 AM »
Because you were raised as a city boy, where replacements were easy to obtain, rather than having to "make do" with whatever was on hand.  >:D

I Vape and I Vote!

Online pwmeek

• Vapeologist
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 08:03:13 AM »
My early years were spent about 4-5 miles from a village of 5-6k (at the time; more like 100k now) people. And I was raised by parents who were young teens during the Depression, so there was no toss-it-and-buy-new in our house.

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently