The Vapers Den

Author Topic: A warm Den welcome to all the new members online this week  (Read 3347 times)

Offline DizzyDizires

• Believe You Can And You're Half Way There
Re: A warm Den welcome to all the new members online this week
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2017, 02:43:04 PM »
 :]++

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 03:30:23 PM »
yeah its normal,  coils are never gonna remain clean what with all the heating/burning of the juice that goes in it.  You can clean these if you want to,  i think most people dont bother anymore as the coils are cheap enough to replace every couple of weeks or so.

video on cleaning coil heads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DKHFDQz4pE

Offline DizzyDizires

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 07:14:56 PM »
Thanks Cy...!!  Who would have thought a girl like me from the 60's and up would be concerned about residue?  8)
I did have a compulsive disorder to be spot clean, soooooooooo..... I'm quite over that a few years, yet, I still like things sanitized to a healthy level?
Okay, whatever... I'm better now   :))
When should I be concerned about cleaning and how do you suggest I do so?  Paper towel and a twist?

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2017, 07:47:58 PM »
 If you use shop bought coils simply replace when performance drops off or the color of the liquid in your tank looks wrong.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2017, 07:25:42 AM »
<snip>
 slightly concerned if I'm inhaling and of it?
Vapor is an aerosol. An aerosol is a cloud of tiny liquid droplets suspended in air (or any gas, but air in the case of vaping). All of us are already inhaling these tiny droplets of e-juice with our normal vaping; this is not a concern as research has shown. The droplets may be tiny, but they are nowhere near as small as smoke particles, so they can't get so deeply into the lungs.

If your rig is "spitting" (popping larger droplets into the airstream) most will collect in the chimney (where you are cleaning them up with the Q-tip™) but a few may get as far as your mouth. These larger droplets are too heavy to be carried into the lungs and will land in your mouth or throat. You would notice if they got as far as your mouth, as the carrier (glycerin and/or glycol) has a slightly sweet taste, and the nicotine would be noticeably bitter. This is not a completely unpleasant taste in small quantities, and not harmful (again, in small quantities). There are too many kinds of flavorings to be able to say how the flavoring in your particular juice might taste.

If your rig is spitting, this may indicate that your power level is set a bit high. You haven't said (or I've forgotten) what wattage you have set your rig at. Consider adjusting it down by 10% or so. If you still get sufficient vapor for good taste and nicotine delivery, and it continues to collect juice in the chimney, try lowering by another 10%. The ideal setting will be as low as possible while still delivering a good vape and enough nicotine. Anything higher just gunks up the coil faster (and may cause spitting). It also runs your battery down sooner than necessary.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2017, 07:42:57 AM »
 What Pete says.
The gunky stuff stays in / on the coil so you are only inhaling what you should be.
Discoloring of the liquid will occur eventually so that is usually a good sign that its time to change your coil.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline DizzyDizires

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2017, 01:28:24 PM »
My above experience was from a slightly flooded coil for a baby beast.
I've become quite annoyed with not knowing what is a good and bad coil at this point.  apparently bad coils are common, which is costly as for me.
33 days is I find a bad coil to either taste bad one day in, taste like a dry hit on first hit... I'm just annoyed buy it all.
I'm trying so hard... So many freakin' measures and money to be spent. 
Today is bad day for me... !!  Brand new coils and juice for my baby beast and taste like dry hit.
I woke crying, angry....  and wanting so much to go to the store for a cigarette.
 :'(

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2017, 10:19:35 PM »
 I don't know what resistance your coils are but try lowering your power.
Don’t think low resistance coils & lots of power is the only way to vape, I never go over 10w with my 1.8 coils, its worked for the last 9 years well perhaps not the full 9 because you couldn't even get coils as low as 1.8 when I first started.
I must be hard / confusing for anyone starting now with the vast amount of devices & atomisers available now , with me it was a cig-alike or nothing .
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2017, 10:40:58 PM »
Are you priming your coils before you use them?? . With a new coil, you need to add a few drops of your juice down the centre of the coil. It soaks the cotton and stops it burning. Do this and then fill the tank and leave it sitting for a few minutes. Take a few drags without pressing the fire button. Start off at low power for a few drags. You only have to prime a new coil. This helps to soak the coil because once you burn the cotton, there's no fixing it.

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
  • Beverage Supplier to the Naughty Corner
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2017, 02:39:39 AM »
Dizzy, first stay strong.  However, if you do fall off the wagon, don't sweat it, it's not the ciggies you have that matter, it's the ones you don't have that count.

Second, perhaps time to try a different tank?  The Cleitos are pretty inexpensive and I just got myself a Crown III Mini (because apparently it's the only damn tank that doesn't have a built in drip tip and I hate the current fad of big drip tips, but I digress).  I am assuming you are on a budget so try to get your stuff, whether they are new tanks or replacement coils for your current tank on 101Vape, they have great prices. 

Offline DizzyDizires

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2018, 04:57:42 PM »
Hey guys... Hope everyone had a very Happy New Year !!
I'm back on day 53 of giving up smokes and vaping... Lord knows this has been a roller coaster ride for me.
Trying to master vaping is not something you learn overnight, that's for sure.
So, like I said, I'm on day 53 in vaping.
I use two mods.  My K2 is for sweet pleasure only for it's delicious, but not rewarding for me.
Then I have my SMOK Osub 80 baby, baby beast tank, of course. (double or quad coils/ I still use local shops)
I've recently dropped my watts from 30 - 40w down to 20 with more air and booted from 3mg nic to 6mg
I now suckle instead for making big hits to satisfy myself.
I THOUGHT I FOUND MY SWEET SPOT...!!
Now, I'm dealing with bleeding gums and nose bleeds.  Trust me, I'm very hygienic.
And, I'm now making excuses about the change in weather, dry heating, etc...
WTF am I doing wrong?
Feeling hopeless.
Thanks in advance for any advice... xo

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
  • Beverage Supplier to the Naughty Corner
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2018, 05:30:21 PM »
Dizzy, only two things come to mind, and no promises on either of them.  The first is that vaping does dehydrate you, so you should be hydrating constantly.  I'm unsure if dehydration could result in bleeding gums or a bloody nose, but it's a thought.  The other is that you may be allergic to either the Propylene Glycol or the Vegetable Glycerin in the liquid.  There are liquids that are PG free and I think a there may be a few that are VG free.  Again, I am unsure as I don't have these allergies so I don't know what the symptoms are.  But it may be worth a shot to try some PG free liquid (PG has more people allergic to it than VG).   

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2018, 06:31:45 PM »
I'm with Mark on this.. think it may be PG allergies.

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2018, 12:50:00 AM »
It could also be your body flushing all the bad shit out. My gf, up to recently, was dealing with some mouth ulcers. She has excellent oral hygiene, she's never even had a filling!!. It's probably pointless going to a doctor/dentist either because they will probably just blame the vaping!!!

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2018, 03:44:57 AM »
The bleeding gums is normal and to do with quitting smoking,  https://healthunlocked.com/quitsupport/posts/131459928/bleeding-gums#post-responses

PG does dry out the sinuses drink plenty

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • <>--Sesquipedalian Man--<> You can call me Pete
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2018, 06:54:31 AM »
Another plus for dehydration being a problem. Drink more water or other hydrating liquids.

Another plus for weather. If you live where it gets cold and are in your local heating season, your home (and maybe workplace) is probably very dry. This can cause nosebleeds. It is happening to me now, and it always did, even before I began vaping.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline DizzyDizires

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2018, 12:31:08 PM »
Good afternoon from Atlanta, GA wth silly treats of ice? I have my bread and milk and still waiting...  :}}}

I appreciate all you advice... many many thanks... I'm not giving up !!

Scratching of any allergic reactions since I've never been allergic to anything... ever.
Ummm, maybe get back to keeping water at hand on the time.  I admit I've slacked off.  It's not my favorite beverage.  %5%
Sure, I think the heating is factor too.

And maybe since I'm trying more mouth to lung is causing nose and gum bleeding?

I would love to upgrade my tank...!!  Something more flavorful and not wide mouth tip.
Next time I go out, I'll pick up some grain alcohol and start cleaning my coils, then I can forgive myself from dropping some cash into a good one.
Trust me, if I could afford it, I would amazing mod WITH jewelry.  Matching shoes, purse AND mod...  You bet... lol  #P# 

I assume I have to pick up grain alcohol from a bottle/package store?  I can google it...  Google is my best friend.  ;D

Thanks again, folks...!!  xo

Offline DizzyDizires

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2018, 01:10:18 PM »
Hoping Golden Grain Alcohol works for cleaning coils.  I found some, but at local bottle shop.
Wow, does that name bring back memories of when I was young and making hunch punch.   :)Y)

Offline DizzyDizires

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2018, 01:31:39 PM »
...In addition, I'm thinking of increasing my nic.  just went from 3 - 6 but I don't want to loose flavor.
I just want to stop wanting to smoke...!!  My bouts of rage?  Wow, I'm so unpredictable + menopause = murder  >:D
I'm even considering taking a joint off my son.... oh the days. I'm not that same person anymore to smoke dope.
I think I'm borderline insane.
Please, please tell me it gets easier.  ffs it's been 56 days.  Twice I've found myself roaming streets middle of the night for a 24 hour store just to get a pack.  %5%

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2018, 02:57:49 PM »
its not gonna get easier vaping only 3-6 mg, you're on a one way ticket back to stinkville  :P     when you first start quitting you need at least 18mg,   i could never cope on 3-6mg,   damn when i first started vaping peeps were chain vaping 36mg coz they didnt want to go back on the stinkys,    no wonder you are climbing the walls.    i'd be full of rage also. 

Offline DizzyDizires

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2018, 03:12:53 PM »
Bingo Caz... picked up a 12mg nic today... amazing difference...!!  I should have listened sooner.  :P  Some of us have to learn the hard way.  Now I'm beating myself up over the mod I purchased vs the mod I really wanted, but I found it too big and heavy.  Sheeze.  Turns out I'm spending more than I should because I'm stubborn?  O:-)
Give me another month and I'll be making my own coils.... then maybe juice. Or both.  Fuck it... I'll buy a vape shop... lmaoo
My next mod I want is: https://www.vaporesso.com/kits-revenger-kit-vaporesso  (rainbow ofc)
Screw this: I want to save a penny.  Go big !!  Unless you can sell me on any other mod.
Thanks love... appreciate any input you have to offer... xo  x:)x

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2018, 05:12:58 PM »
my advice is dont be stubborn  :P   keep it simple while you are struggling to quit,   use 18mg juice,  get an istick and a mini nautilus,   buy from china where it is really cheap,  takes around 2 weeks to arrive.   

Dont buy heavy expenses devices,  isticks are cheap,  light and small and awesome and fit perfectly in your hand and dont feel like you're are carrying a lead weight  ;)

Atomiser - https://www.fasttech.com/products/3006/10009821/6898202

replacement coils -  https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009799/1859402-authentic-aspire-nautilus-mini-bvc-clearomizer

Istick - https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011027/2642400-authentic-eleaf-istick-40w-2600mah-temperature  (colour choices are blue, black, silver)

Dont get subohm coils,  use 1.8 resistance,   the above atty comes with a 0.7 installed but does come with a 1.8 coil head also,  try the both though and see which coil you prefer,  the 1.8 coil heads are on the second link,

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2018, 07:41:42 PM »
I completely agree with Caz. Sub-ohm tanks are not really something you should be starting on. You need high Nic at first and then you can lower you Nic level over time or not. Some people, especially newer vapers, seem to have this idea that they need to lower or start on low Nic levels. It is much better to vape higher Nic than low Nic juice because if the Nic level is too low, you will be sucking on that tank like a crazy person.
My gf started vaping a while back and had this obsession that she needed to start on low Nic. I advised her to start at 18mg. She ordered some 18mg and 12mg. She tried both and found 12mg to be her favourite. She is flying now and hasn't touched a cig in nearly a year. It can take a little while to find your favourite set-up but you will be so happy when you do. That set-up that Caz recommended is perfect. To be honest, you're wasting your time trying to clean coils. You will never get them back to new. We've all tried soaking them in Vodka and it doesn't work. Anyone that has asked me to recommend a perfect starter setup, I have always recommend that setup that Caz recommended. Be aware that you NEED backups too. Order that kit and if you like it, order a second ASAP.
PS.... If you like a drink, it's a good idea to have a stronger Nic juice with you. That's when most people have that urge for a cig. If you Vape 12mg normally, have a bottle of 18mg with you. If you're 18mg, bring 24mg.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 07:49:01 PM by Ian »

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2018, 06:15:50 AM »
i totally agree with the increased nicotine while drinking,   i find my throat hit vanishes a lot while drinking alcohol,  strange that

Offline greendog

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2018, 05:04:10 PM »
or just quit drinking...……………… I will get my coat
lost or stolen dog ?

www.dogtag.org.uk

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently