The Vapers Den

Author Topic: A warm Den welcome to all the new members online this week  (Read 1098 times)

Offline DizzyDizires

• Believe You Can And You're Half Way There
Re: A warm Den welcome to all the new members online this week
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2017, 02:43:04 PM »
 :]++

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 03:30:23 PM »
yeah its normal,  coils are never gonna remain clean what with all the heating/burning of the juice that goes in it.  You can clean these if you want to,  i think most people dont bother anymore as the coils are cheap enough to replace every couple of weeks or so.

video on cleaning coil heads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DKHFDQz4pE

Offline DizzyDizires

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 07:14:56 PM »
Thanks Cy...!!  Who would have thought a girl like me from the 60's and up would be concerned about residue?  8)
I did have a compulsive disorder to be spot clean, soooooooooo..... I'm quite over that a few years, yet, I still like things sanitized to a healthy level?
Okay, whatever... I'm better now   :))
When should I be concerned about cleaning and how do you suggest I do so?  Paper towel and a twist?

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2017, 07:47:58 PM »
 If you use shop bought coils simply replace when performance drops off or the color of the liquid in your tank looks wrong.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline pwmeek

• Vapeologist
  • -Sesquipedalian Man- You can call me Pete
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2017, 07:25:42 AM »
<snip>
 slightly concerned if I'm inhaling and of it?
Vapor is an aerosol. An aerosol is a cloud of tiny liquid droplets suspended in air (or any gas, but air in the case of vaping). All of us are already inhaling these tiny droplets of e-juice with our normal vaping; this is not a concern as research has shown. The droplets may be tiny, but they are nowhere near as small as smoke particles, so they can't get so deeply into the lungs.

If your rig is "spitting" (popping larger droplets into the airstream) most will collect in the chimney (where you are cleaning them up with the Q-tipô) but a few may get as far as your mouth. These larger droplets are too heavy to be carried into the lungs and will land in your mouth or throat. You would notice if they got as far as your mouth, as the carrier (glycerin and/or glycol) has a slightly sweet taste, and the nicotine would be noticeably bitter. This is not a completely unpleasant taste in small quantities, and not harmful (again, in small quantities). There are too many kinds of flavorings to be able to say how the flavoring in your particular juice might taste.

If your rig is spitting, this may indicate that your power level is set a bit high. You haven't said (or I've forgotten) what wattage you have set your rig at. Consider adjusting it down by 10% or so. If you still get sufficient vapor for good taste and nicotine delivery, and it continues to collect juice in the chimney, try lowering by another 10%. The ideal setting will be as low as possible while still delivering a good vape and enough nicotine. Anything higher just gunks up the coil faster (and may cause spitting). It also runs your battery down sooner than necessary.
--Pete                                       Using nicotine is not the same as smoking.
Individuals have a right to Harm Reduction.

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2017, 07:42:57 AM »
 What Pete says.
The gunky stuff stays in / on the coil so you are only inhaling what you should be.
Discoloring of the liquid will occur eventually so that is usually a good sign that its time to change your coil.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline DizzyDizires

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2017, 01:28:24 PM »
My above experience was from a slightly flooded coil for a baby beast.
I've become quite annoyed with not knowing what is a good and bad coil at this point.  apparently bad coils are common, which is costly as for me.
33 days is I find a bad coil to either taste bad one day in, taste like a dry hit on first hit... I'm just annoyed buy it all.
I'm trying so hard... So many freakin' measures and money to be spent. 
Today is bad day for me... !!  Brand new coils and juice for my baby beast and taste like dry hit.
I woke crying, angry....  and wanting so much to go to the store for a cigarette.
 :'(

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2017, 10:19:35 PM »
 I don't know what resistance your coils are but try lowering your power.
Donít think low resistance coils & lots of power is the only way to vape, I never go over 10w with my 1.8 coils, its worked for the last 9 years well perhaps not the full 9 because you couldn't even get coils as low as 1.8 when I first started.
I must be hard / confusing for anyone starting now with the vast amount of devices & atomisers available now , with me it was a cig-alike or nothing .
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Online Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2017, 10:40:58 PM »
Are you priming your coils before you use them?? . With a new coil, you need to add a few drops of your juice down the centre of the coil. It soaks the cotton and stops it burning. Do this and then fill the tank and leave it sitting for a few minutes. Take a few drags without pressing the fire button. Start off at low power for a few drags. You only have to prime a new coil. This helps to soak the coil because once you burn the cotton, there's no fixing it.

Offline Mark Burton

• The Vaporizer
  • Chief Waffler
  • Beverage Supplier to the Naughty Corner
« Reply #34 on: Today at 02:39:39 AM »
Dizzy, first stay strong.  However, if you do fall off the wagon, don't sweat it, it's not the ciggies you have that matter, it's the ones you don't have that count.

Second, perhaps time to try a different tank?  The Cleitos are pretty inexpensive and I just got myself a Crown III Mini (because apparently it's the only damn tank that doesn't have a built in drip tip and I hate the current fad of big drip tips, but I digress).  I am assuming you are on a budget so try to get your stuff, whether they are new tanks or replacement coils for your current tank on 101Vape, they have great prices. 

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently