The Vapers Den

Author Topic: "Kennedy" RDA (and other Fasttech stuff)  (Read 8679 times)

Offline failte

• Vapeologist
"Kennedy" RDA (and other Fasttech stuff)
« on: February 26, 2015, 05:27:23 AM »
So I just got my belated Fasttech order in today, and amongst other things I got a "Kennedy" RDA.  I bought it because I liked what I saw in the pictures:
1) lots of drip-well
2) air holes come up from the bottom under the coils.   And they're huge (but non-adjustable).  It's hard to explain without a picture, so google it if interested, but suffice it to say that the top-cap has NO air-holes at all - they're in the base.
3) the air-holes aren't right next to the center post.  Only a few artists actually put their coils right in the middle of the RDA (mikopinoy, for instance), most of us have them centered between the posts that feed them - and that's where the Kennedy air-holes are.

It has a "chuff" drip-tip though (my god - it's full of stars) - so it's a cloud-chaser's device, I guess.  And I don't consider myself a cloud-chaser... but yeah, it does make clouds. I put dual 8-wrap 24-gauge coils in (0.4 Ohms total), and am firing it at 75 watts.  I LIKE IT.

And btw: Kuro Koiler.  Get one.  SO easy to make perfect micro-coils, especially if you're making 2 or 3 or 4 identical ones.  I actually got the cheaper knock-off with a variety of mandrels (genuine Kuro doesn't) and I do have a small issue (there's threads on the open end of the mandrels, which screw INTO the cap, so you have to wind the coils counter-clockwise only - at least until I grind those threads off), but still, well worth the few bucks it cost.

Might as well mention: Ignition Base (turns your mechanical tube into a side-by-side) only works for 18350 mods.  I didn't know that.  If you use a full-size mod,  even a tall tank will still be below the firing button.  Not cool, man.  Although I will say: it makes for a TINY device with an 18350-sized mod..  So if you can deal with 800 mah of battery capacity, you might like it.

And lastly: Genuine Subtank mini.  More air-flow than either Fogger or Orchid - but hasn't given me a dry hit yet, nor has it flooded (I'm just using the prebuilt head for now).  That's gonna be hard to beat.  Fits well and looks cool in my Kato (clone) side-by-side.

Oh - almost forgot: "Pino" 55-watt VAMO look-alike.  May do 55 watts, but can't handle less than an Ohm (or not much less, anyway) and seems to require stacked 350 batteries, otherwise it just says "Low V".  So that was kind of a downer.   {W}
Hey Todd, how's it goin'?

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
Re: "Kennedy" RDA (and other Fasttech stuff)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 10:37:41 AM »
so it finally arrived  :{   how long did it take after Failte?   yay vape mail,   man i'm getting cravings for some but i'm being good   O:-)

Offline vapingfool

• Dr Ohm
  • Vaping Guru
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 10:38:21 AM »
Hm. With a single battery charged to 4 volts, 55 watts would only be about 14 - 15 amps. Any decent 18650 battery should be able to provide that.

It may be that the device is designed with an upper currently limit around 10 amps, maybe even less.
" style="border:0

I Vape and I Vote!

Offline CYBORG

• Mechanical Man
  • Chief Waffler
  • YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 02:25:26 PM »

Might as well mention: Ignition Base (turns your mechanical tube into a side-by-side) only works for 18350 mods.  I didn't know that.  If you use a full-size mod,  even a tall tank will still be below the firing button.  Not cool, man.  Although I will say: it makes for a TINY device with an 18350-sized mod..  So if you can deal with 800 mah of battery capacity, you might like it.

This is what the Ignition base looks like, makes for a good stealth mod

I have polished off the anodised coating 
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Offline failte

• Vapeologist
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 03:39:20 PM »
so it finally arrived  :{   how long did it take after Failte?   yay vape mail,   man i'm getting cravings for some but i'm being good   O:-)

Jan 26 to Feb 26.  Although to be fair, 5 days of that was waiting for something (the Kuro-like Koiler, I think) to come into stock before they'd ship anything, and I knew that going in.

The real wait was 11 days to get from the "Sort Facility" in XIAMEN to San Francisco, and then 5 more days to get from San Francisco to Chicago.  Then 5 more to get from Chicago to here (which is terribly fast, for Chicago).  So that's 21 days in the mail.  3 weeks. 

I seem to remember picking "USPS" from the Fasttech shipping options.  I think "China Post" may be faster getting it to the US.  Anyway, it's a crap-shoot, no matter what you choose.

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 04:15:37 PM »
Is it any wonder that you order a lot at one time!  When it finally arrives, likely feels like Christmas . K
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 05:13:42 PM »
i chose  via singapore  and got mine in exactly 14 days and that was around christmas and was including 3 days before it was even shipped,   i was quite happy with that time.   will see how long it takes when i next order something. 

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 04:33:50 PM »
Failte, GrimmGreen has a good review of the genuine Kennedy and the Competition Kennedy. He was very happy with it.

Offline failte

• Vapeologist
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 05:10:43 PM »
Yes, it's pretty leak-proof, as RDAs go, but he fails to mention that juice will still get down the air-holes just from the spitting from the coil as one vapes.  So if you hate seeing juice under you atomizer like I do, problem still not solved (not that I know how it could be).

Video reviews frustrate me.  A quick view of the interior of the Kennedy and you can instantly SEE how the air-flow happens - yet he explains it over and over and over, like it's a Mystery of Science or something. 

Where's the reviewer that specifically makes an effort NOT to waste the viewer's time?  It's like they talk just for the sake of talking...  Or Todd SHOWING us as he measures dimensions with his calipers.  You people aren't THAT entertaining.  To me, anyway.

/rant.  Sorry - you can see why I don't watch tv news anymore.

Anyway, I'm gonna order another Kennedy with a normal 510 drip-tip next Fasttech I do.  Yeah, it seems closer to "the ideal dual-coil RDA" than anything else I've seen or used so far.  For me, that is.  Lack of adjustability of air-flow might be an issue for others.

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 05:28:01 PM »
I understand. It does give any folks thinking of buying this atomiser an idea of how it works though.

Offline Jerry

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 04:39:07 AM »
I understand that it doesn't give us railway unto it, The airway it is the greater air flows.

Offline failte

• Vapeologist
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 09:06:06 AM »
Board is awfully quiet...

So the Kennedy is bye-bye - resigned to the "Atomizers I'm Unhappy With" box.  I finally just couldn't deal with the coils spitting juice directly onto the top of my mod. 

My Ideal RDA:

Deep juice well
Big air-slots ON TOP that go down below the coils and then come back up to release the incoming air. 
Said air-flow comes up between both + and - posts, not right in the middle, opposite the + post.
3-post, with T center post.
Phillips screws on the posts AND big post-holes.
2 o-rings t make sure it doesn't leak.

I know of atomizers that do two, sometimes 3 of the above.  But none of them do 'em all.  It's not friggin' rocket science!  **grumble**

So now I'm down to a 2 and a 3-coil Stillare. And one other 3-coil RDA that I can't remember the name of, but works just like the Stillares, anyway, nothing weird.  Got a Magma on my wish-list...

Offline Kate

• Vaping Hoser
  • Chief Waffler
  • Only in CANADA, EH
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 09:23:14 AM »
The board was really quiet yesterday too!  Maybe on Easter egg hunts Eh!
You should write to the top producers with your list Failte give them all a challenge to meet!  . K
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

James Allen

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently