The Vapers Den

Author Topic: Organic Cotton  (Read 8238 times)

Offline brady.cole.752

Organic Cotton
« on: January 06, 2015, 01:25:26 AM »
Well I've been vaping just over 1 year now, the last half of that I've been dripping RDA's, as u all know once u go down that road it's hard to go back to tanks etc. I've always used organic cotton for my RDA's, I've tried all kinds of wicking but cotton is for me, anyhow a little over a month ago,  my wife and I were at a natural food store (not sure if it was Whole Foods) and in the "feminine hygiene" section I seen a box of %100 organic cotton tampons and I've always heard people saying NEVER use it for wicking (obviously) then I started reading the box a little closer, this is all natural cotton, barely touched by anything, chemicals, fragrance etc. I'm always looking for that something to give me just that much more flavor so I took the plunge and bought them, got home I boiled them, unwrapped them, (perfect strips btw) and let them dry, I've used them for my Stillare, Plume Veil, Doge and Mutation X, I won't use anything else here on out, here's the link to there website, I would love to have anybody's take or opinion on this, thank you in advance

http://www.natracare.com/p76/en-GB/
Natracare-Products/Tampons/Without-Applicator/Super.aspx

Offline caz

• Vaping Angel
  • Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
  • Strawberry Queen
Re: Organic Cotton
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 09:27:45 AM »
welcome to the den brady.  8)

Are none of our feminine products sacred  :/X   this has come up on the den before about using our tampons  :-[ :D

https://www.thevapersden.com/index.php/topic,9335.msg215527.html#msg215527

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
  • For honest battery info, check out BatteryMooch
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 11:56:03 AM »
Well I've been vaping just over 1 year now, the last half of that I've been dripping RDA's, as u all know once u go down that road it's hard to go back to tanks etc. I've always used organic cotton for my RDA's, I've tried all kinds of wicking but cotton is for me, anyhow a little over a month ago,  my wife and I were at a natural food store (not sure if it was Whole Foods) and in the "feminine hygiene" section I seen a box of %100 organic cotton tampons and I've always heard people saying NEVER use it for wicking (obviously) then I started reading the box a little closer, this is all natural cotton, barely touched by anything, chemicals, fragrance etc. I'm always looking for that something to give me just that much more flavor so I took the plunge and bought them, got home I boiled them, unwrapped them, (perfect strips btw) and let them dry, I've used them for my Stillare, Plume Veil, Doge and Mutation X, I won't use anything else here on out, here's the link to there website, I would love to have anybody's take or opinion on this, thank you in advance

http://www.natracare.com/p76/en-GB/
Natracare-Products/Tampons/Without-Applicator/Super.aspx
Never tried them, either way. Have you tried Japanese Cotton??. I used to use organic cotton but since I switched to Japanese Cotton, I don't use anything else. I started out with regular cotton, then organic. With both cottons I get a sour taste(multiple brands) even after boiling. I never get that from the Japanese Cotton...

Offline brady.cole.752

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 06:02:03 PM »
I love Japanese cotton, I do use it sometimes but I find it a little too pricey, but it is the best to wick with, until now, u should see how fluffy and pristine this is. I'm at work now but when I get home I'll post a pic or a video if it lets me

Offline failte

• Vapeologist
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 06:10:47 PM »
It IS pricey... $23 for a bag.  But then again, it's ... maybe not a "lifetime", but it'll last a LONG time, anyway.  Long enough that there'll be something better before it's all used up.

"Hey, remember when we used to wind coils and put wicks in them?  Man, those were the bad old days...  So, how many kilowatts are you running that Kayfun v9541.4 at?  My mod goes up to a megawatt, but I think anything over 300 kilowatts is just ridiculous!  Still waiting on my latest Fasttech order to leave Kenya.  They sure make things cheap over there.  I WISH I could afford a Chinese mod, but fuuuuu...."
Hey Todd, how's it goin'?

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 06:19:06 PM »
It IS pricey... $23 for a bag.  But then again, it's ... maybe not a "lifetime", but it'll last a LONG time, anyway.  Long enough that there'll be something better before it's all used up.

"Hey, remember when we used to wind coils and put wicks in them?  Man, those were the bad old days...  So, how many kilowatts are you running that Kayfun v9541.4 at?  My mod goes up to a megawatt, but I think anything over 300 kilowatts is just ridiculous!  Still waiting on my latest Fasttech order to leave Kenya.  They sure make things cheap over there.  I WISH I could afford a Chinese mod, but fuuuuu...."
:}}} :}}} :}}}
What $26 for 80 pads that can be spilt in 2, 160pads, come on guys. Buy it in Europe if you think that's expensive.....

Offline failte

• Vapeologist
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 06:27:17 PM »
That link to Natracare didn't work for me (might be the "en-GB" part), so I looked on Amazon.  But after viewing 3 pages of feminine hygiene products, I... I just can't go on...  I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!!

Offline Darth Vaper

• Administrator
  • Chief Waffler
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 06:59:07 PM »
I'm prototyping a new atomiser right now called the "Koochie Coo" .. uses the whole tampon wrapped with one big ole coil ... 280watt mod here I come ... for some reason though I feel bloated when I use it.. a bit irritable ... and get the cramps something fierce  :{

Only seems to last about a week though   :()()

Offline soupwvu

• Vapeologist
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 07:04:11 PM »
 :0)) :0)) :0))Priceless Darth............. how many wraps you gonna use on a 5/8 drill bit???
the sky was yellow and the sun was blue

Offline Ian

• Vaping Guru
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 07:17:23 PM »
I'm prototyping a new atomiser right now called the "Koochie Coo" .. uses the whole tampon wrapped with one big ole coil ... 280watt mod here I come ... for some reason though I feel bloated when I use it.. a bit irritable ... and get the cramps something fierce  :{

Let's hope none of us has any IT issues during your rag-week!!!

Offline failte

• Vapeologist
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 07:25:49 PM »

Does it have a reservoir tip?  Y'know... for juice?

Offline retrieverman

• Vapeologist
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 09:52:06 AM »
Just don't use any T-JUICE VAMP VAPE on the tampons

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Offline jdlgail

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 04:54:46 PM »
I think I'll stick with the Japanese cotton.....

Offline retrieverman

• Vapeologist
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 05:26:38 AM »
The only trouble with using tampons in your atty is you could end up with a crack in it  :}}}

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Offline Jerry

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 11:38:22 PM »
Just keep that in mind, It's better to keep bloated that getting over real quick.

Offline twizt3dfuc

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 01:45:46 AM »
The minds of all of you?!?! Carry on

Offline solo

• WTF
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 07:23:40 AM »
The first organic cotton that I ever saw was tons of it, ready to be picked, in the field. I asked about it and the deacon said some "old hippie gal" was growing it, for its color and price. This was in the delta about 1980. That was as close to good news as he had about the failing (and mostly former) farmers of the neighborhood,  with their woes of falling land values causing foreclosures and farm auctions then.

I've read somewhere that cotton and it's new GMO organism twin, is exempt from some of the FDA pesticide / chemical concerns, cotton being a fiber crop.

I suggest avoiding food with cottonseed oil listed. (real cheap oil) It's strange to me that the crop's stalks are harvested. I hope it's used for plywood and paper and not for bread and breakfast cereal.

It seems to me that paraquat ,or such, de foliage spray (chemical spray leaf killer/removal, in nature, this is Jack Frost's job), wouldn't help the flavor of your juice, either.

moral: trust old hippie gals.
I might be wrong..... but I figure the odds to be 50/50....

Offline venom ballistics

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 11:55:50 PM »

wine and chocolate darth, wine and chocolate

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently